• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Sevii Islands in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

They should complement Hoenn in terms of Pokémon and features as well as providing a post-game quest, which is the purpose they served for Kanto in FRLG. Define "no relevance".

Let's see, in terms of features they had a Daycare, Altering Cave, and a Trainer Tower. Uh nope, not really seeing where they complement Hoenn in terms of features, all of these things exist in Hoenn in some form (the Daycare is on Rt. 117, Altering Cave is on Rt. 103, and the Trainer Tower is equivalent to Trainer Hill which is on Rt. 111). That just leaves the Pokemon, which could be altered to complement just about any region ever made.

Joshawott said:
If I remember correctly, HeartGold/SoulSilver directly references the events of Ruby/Sapphire, stating that afterwards, Groudon and Kyogre returned to their slumber in the Embedded Tower.
They didn't reference the events of Ruby/Sapphire or Emerald, but rather the ancient past (the original battle between Groudon and Kyogre). It is safe to assume that the Embedded Tower's Weather trio are and the same as Hoenn's (especially since Professor Oak refers to them as being the legendaries spoken of in the Hoenn legend), but we don't know whether or not Brendan/May ever caught them. They could have simply released them before HGSS. And even if they never caught them, that doesn't mean that Red didn't catch Mewtwo. Origins was mostly faithful to the games and did show that Mewtwo was caught, which doesn't mean that it couldn't have ended up in Kalos years after that event.
Mostly faithful except for the Mega Evolutions shoe-horned in. Way I see it, is that Origins is simply another adaptation, just like the main TV anime. It's fair bit closer to the source material, but still not entirely faithful. Also, didn't Origins clearly show that Red caught Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres too?

But whether or not the legendaries were caught and then released or not, it doesn't really matter as either way it shows that the legendaries are no longer in the trainers' possession, thus explaining how they can appear in future games.

Let's see, in terms of features they had a Daycare, Altering Cave, and a Trainer Tower. Uh nope, not really seeing where they complement Hoenn in terms of features, all of these things exist in Hoenn in some form (the Daycare is on Rt. 117, Altering Cave is on Rt. 103, and the Trainer Tower is equivalent to Trainer Hill which is on Rt. 111). That just leaves the Pokemon, which could be altered to complement just about any region ever made.
The features could easily be replaced, as well. Unlike Hoenn, the Sevii Islands wouldn't just be remade but rather get a sequel treatment as they wouldn't be revisited in the exact same period as before. Some of us have actually been trying to discuss that.

The features could easily be replaced, as well. Unlike Hoenn, the Sevii Islands wouldn't just be remade but rather get a sequel treatment as they wouldn't be revisited in the exact same period as before. Some of us have actually been trying to discuss that.

It'd be a lot easier to replace Pokemon than features, though.

The Sevii Islands quest did include collecting a Ruby and Sapphire for the purpose of connecting FRLG with RSE though, and to me that would signify that the Hoenn region has its own ties to them. This along with the possibility of visiting two of the islands in Emerald could be used by Game Freak as a basis for establishing a clearer relationship between the Sevii Islands and Hoenn in the remakes. The lore of the Islands wasn't really explored in great depth in FR/LG, so maybe OR/AS would be a good time to do so; not to mention them potentially serving the purpose of housing a number of National Dex Pokemon in the post game. Any features that conflict with those in mainland Hoenn could easily be omitted or adapted, such as the example somebody has given of changing the Daycare Centre into a Friend Safari.

As mentioned before, two islands were accessible through events in Emerald, and if the Deoxys event is identical to the one in FR/LG and Emerald, we'll surely be visiting Birth Island again in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. This alone would be a great opportunity to expand on why Deoxys landed within the Sevii archipelago. The Sevii Islands are obviously associated with Kanto much more than with Hoenn at the moment (mostly due to debuting and being visited in FR/LG), but there are still plenty of references to associate it with the latter region upon visiting them. It would be great in my opinion if OR/AS could allow us to delve into their mystery even further.

Last edited:
I'm pretty much on the same boat as those who want to see Game Freak expand more on the Seven Isles in ORAS (through a post-game quest). There's just so much potential left to be explored on those collection of islands, and I'd love to see them again, especially if they're willing to include a true storyline event concerning Deoxys' landing on Earth.

While they were an FRLG thing at the time, they were still memorable fixtures of Gen III and clearly had some ties to Houen (the ones with the legendary events even appeared in Emerald). It feels a bit wrong not to include them, in my opinion. The present is always a good time to expand on pre-existing mysteries and lore rather than waiting until more "remakes of remakes" to do so. That's what I feel, at least.

Also, the anime and The Origin (OVA) are bottom line irrelevant to the game canon, pls stahp

Last edited:
As I wrote a few pages ago, what if Deoxys wasn't the only thing that came with the meteor? It was originally a space virus that underwent a mutation, so it would make sense if the materials of that meteor became Mega Stones due to a similar mutation. Those Mega Stones could be scattered across the Sevii Islands, which would explain the discovery of new Mega Stones that weren't found in XY.

The Pokédex says that Deoxys was originally a virus that underwent a sudden mutation upon exposure to a laser beam. Where did that laser beam come from? Perhaps Deoxys was just a byproduct of an experiment designed to irradiate the meteor with the same kind of light that created the Kalos Mega Stones 3,000 years ago.

I do think there could be more done with the Sevii Islands possibly (more in terms of Pokemon distribution than anything else, though), but this is not the right game to do that. I'd rather see the Sevii Islands in another Kanto game instead.

I think Tanoby Ruins could be fine location for Creation Trio to be catchable at. And of course Cynthia would appear to investigate the place. With Sinnoh starters for player.

I think now's the perfect time to do it, especially since Matsumiya recently confirmed the chronology of the main series Pocket Monsters games. It's not like the fandom has complicated Zelda-esque timeline discussions, so tying the chronology into the Seven Isles appearing in ORAS would be a good first step in making the time placement of games significantly relevant in some respects. Red could at least make an in-text cameo as having been there recently.

I also think Silktree's idea of tying the supposed laser beam that mutated Deoxys with the light that created the Kalos region's Mega Stones would be an interesting idea, and if that were to happen, it would be best done now (Gen VI - the Kalos generation) than later. FRLG referenced Houen, DPPt referenced Jouto (the Red Gyarados iirc), and this would be an awesome way to reference Kalos and create stronger ties between three regions in one go (Kanto + Houen, and Kalos, via the Deoxys event on Birth Isle).

I'd rather see the Sevii Islands in another Kanto game instead.
Such a game may not be in the making for years to come. I don't think it's fair to suggest that the Sevii Islands should only be revisited alongside Kanto when they weren't included in HGSS. It's already been 10 years since their introduction; even Hoenn was revisited more recently via Emerald.

shiny_magikarp said:
I think Tanoby Ruins could be fine location for Creation Trio to be catchable at.
I could also see the Unown transporting the legendary beasts to the Sevii Islands due to their relationship with Suicune, which is an element that hasn't been touched upon. It would certainly be better than just having the beasts roam Hoenn out of the blue.

I could also see the Unown transporting the legendary beasts to the Sevii Islands due to their relationship with Suicune, which is an element that hasn't been touched upon. It would certainly be better than just having the beasts roam Hoenn out of the blue.
In that case, they should add some puzzles and ruin exploration in the Asukana Ruins that harkens back to Gen II's Ruins of Alph and Gen III's Regis, which leads to triggering the Unown appearing and transporting the legendary beasts to the Seven Isles.

(That would certainly make up for how boring it was to find the legendaries in XY. One room caves, ten random encounters = blegh.)

In that case, they should add some puzzles and ruin exploration in the Asukana Ruins that harkens back to Gen II and Gen III's Regis, which leads to triggering the Unown appearing and transporting the legendary beasts to the Seven Isles.
There was already the Tanoby Key puzzle to unlock the Unown, but I agree that they should add more puzzles (hopefully non-trivial ones).

In that case, they should add some puzzles and ruin exploration in the Asukana Ruins that harkens back to Gen II and Gen III's Regis, which leads to triggering the Unown appearing and transporting the legendary beasts to the Seven Isles.
There was already the Tanoby Key puzzle to unlock the Unown, but I agree that they should add more puzzles (hopefully non-trivial ones).
Well, what I meant was more similar to Crystal's Ruins of Alph, which provided cool Unown runes on the floors after certain puzzles. Originally in FRLG, the Asukana Ruins seemed more like an excuse to have a location where Unown were available for capture, but if they were to implement the Seven Isles in ORAS, it'd be nice to add some expansion to these ruins as well.

Such a game may not be in the making for years to come. I don't think it's fair to suggest that the Sevii Islands should only be revisited alongside Kanto when they weren't included in HGSS. It's already been 10 years since their introduction; even Hoenn was revisited more recently via Emerald.

It could be that they didn't have the time or the space to include them in HGSS. Despite all of the things they did to fix Kanto, it was still pretty barebones, so it's possibly that including the Sevii Islands as well was simply too much for them.

To be fair, Kanto was technically already the post-game story content for the original Jouto games - they would have had to pretty much shoehorn the Seven Isles in HGSS in order to have an excuse for the player to be there. And as previously said, they aren't really part of Kanto and have only been used once. I think that leaves enough room for them to be used once more, and with the post-game content for the Houen games being pretty bare compared to a full quest (the Battle Tower and the Battle Frontier), I think they could be added to ORAS's post-game believably.

I certainly prefer this idea over something akin to HGSS sharing pretty much the same Battle Frontier as DPPt - if ORAS has another Battle Chateau alongside the Emerald Battle Frontier, I'm gonna smh. Interspersing Battle Tents throughout the Seven Isles sounds like a much cooler plan (and sounds suspiciously similar to what I'm doing for my fan-manga project)

Last edited:
FANG-TAN said:
Well, what I meant was more similar to Crystal's Ruins of Alph, which provided cool Unown runes on the floors after certain puzzles. Originally in FRLG, the Asukana Ruins seemed more like an excuse to have a location where Unown were available for capture, but if they were to implement the Seven Isles in ORAS, it'd be nice to add some expansion to these ruins as well.
The Solaceon Ruins were worse, but I agree. I'd like to see clear references to the Ruins of Alph and the civilization that lived there only to end up leaving. Since the Tanoby Ruins are also said to have been created around the same time (1,500 years ago), it's likely that the very same civilization built them and might have left more secret messages hidden.

They should complement Hoenn in terms of Pokémon and features as well as providing a post-game quest, which is the purpose they served for Kanto in FRLG. Define "no relevance".

such as new Battle Frontier facilities and such.
7 facilities were quite enough for most players. I doubt that most people took advantage of all of them.

By no relevence, I am referring to how, unlike Kanto with the connection to the Orange Islands and the similarity through that, the Sevii Islands just don't seem to really fit. As to the Frontier, I imagine they are going to rework it like they did between Emerald and Platinum. We could use a good set of battle facilities that are more than just straight up battles of different fornats.

By no relevence, I am referring to how, unlike Kanto with the connection to the Orange Islands and the similarity through that, the Sevii Islands just don't seem to really fit.
How are the Orange Islands more appropriate for Kanto than the Sevii Islands are? Honestly, you sound a little sore about Game Freak not using anime-exclusive locations.

As to the Frontier, I imagine they are going to rework it like they did between Emerald and Platinum. We could use a good set of battle facilities that are more than just straight up battles of different fornats.
Both Frontier versions consisted of "straight up battles of different formats". I suppose you liked the three Platinum-exclusive facilities better than the five Emerald-exclusive ones, but I doubt this is the consensus. Either way, I don't see what this has to do with adding post-game areas.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom