• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Seviper vs Serperior

Catspring

shsl music club member
Reaction score
497Serperior_Dream.png
VS
336Seviper_Dream.png

It's a battle between two snakes, both with stunning, colorful designs.

• Which one do you prefer?
  • Which one has the better design?
  • Which one is more useful?
  • Which one would win in a battle?

Serperior wins. It has a neater design, and thanks to Move Tutors, it's got a decent movepool to use, unlike Seviper, while has a better movepool, is too slow and dies quickly.

Serperior by a long shot. Not only does it look much more epic, but its a Grass type, and the new move tutors have given it a new lease on life. Seviper is...not that lucky.

I prefer Seviper by a long shot. The Speed and Defenses are cured via EV Training, she learns useful moves, great offensive stats, can be used as either a Supporter or a Sweeper, and Seviper is colorful. I don't know why, but colorful Pokemon appeal to me. Not saying for one second that Serperior doesn't look good, but this is just my opinion.

More about my choice, if anyone is still reading at this point- I like Seviper because it has a strong feud with Zangoose, and I like that because I think it adds character. The scars look amazing on its scales, and it has a sword/knife for a tail.

Seviper. I mean, it looks amazing if it's shiny or not (Serperior only looks cool in shiny form), it has a sword for a tail (ok, there is no way that Serperior could ever match up to this), it has a feud it has a chance of winning (like my fellow Seviper fan above me said, it adds character. Plus, Serperior doesn't have a feud with anyone.), it has cool stats (OK, Serperior may be more powerful considering base stat totals, but Seviper will obliterate almost everything with EV training), and, of course, it is a poison type, which tend to be awesomesauce. This is all my opinion, though.

However... I would consider adding the true boss of snake-like Pokemon: Arbok.

Which one do you prefer?
I much prefer Serperior and find that it can be underestimated in battle.

Which one has the better design?
I much prefer Serperior's design for it's beauty and pure elegance.

Which one is more useful?
Seviper may have a slightly wider variation of moves, but it simply does not have the defensive power to use them. Serperior has a few interesting strategies and much better defences, but with a smaller move-pool. I would say Serperior would be the more useful one here because it's strategies, or tactics may be few and far between, but they can be very useful indeed.

Which one would win in a battle?
Seviper has the upper hand in type, but it has to contend with Serperior's bag of tricks. I would say normally Seviper would win because it can taunt and attack, but I think Serperior does stand some sort of a chance against this viper.

Seviper wins. It may be slower but it's a poison type and SE against Serperior. It's also got a much cooler design and isn't as overrated as Serp is.

Seviper. I liek it better. Not sure which would win in a battle. Might need some damage calcs for that.

Seviper. I liek it better. Not sure which would win in a battle. Might need some damage calcs for that.

Well, Seviper does have a type advantage, and outside of Hidden Power, I don't think Serperior has any move that can hit Seviper for super effective damage, so I might be inclined to give Seviper the win here.

I still prefer Serperior though.

Which one do you prefer?
Serperior
Which one has the better design?
Seviper
Which one is more useful?
Serperior
Which one would win in a battle?
Seviper becuz it has poison moves

AHHHHHHH! Love both of these guys so much! I love snake pokemon in general, but Serperior and Seviper are my favorites. I pledged my undying loyalty to Seviper, but Snivy is my favorite starter from my favorite generation, and I cannot let it's evolution down. They both still rock:)

serperior is among my favorite pokemon, but seviper is kinda cool too

Which one do you prefer? serp
Which one has the better design? serp
Which one is more useful? one with contrary
Which one would win in a battle? seviper

Seviper. Serperior's stats are simply down the toilet (speed with nothing to do with the speed). He's like a slightly better Emolga! Seviper may be slow, but he at least has a decent movepool.

Seviper. Serperior's stats are simply down the toilet (speed with nothing to do with the speed).

I wouldn't call Contrary Leaf Storm "nothing". Serperior is one of the best Grass-types in the game for a reason. Can't say the same about Seviper and being a Poison-type.

And for someone putting such a heavy emphasis on stats determining your winner, I'm surprised you're in favour of Seviper; Seviper is both slow AND frail, which is not a good combination to have. At least Serperior has amazing Speed and decent bulk - its Sp.Atk soon picks up after a Contrary Leaf Storm, which isn't hard to get from pretty much any Water-type. Seviper is stuck with bad Speed and bulk, all it can really do is tango with things slower it can deal definitely beat, because faster Pokemon can usually either outright kill it or cripple it to the point where it's not going to do anything else. It might have decent offenses and movepool but what does that matter when the majority of the time it's not going to get to use them well enough?

Edit: Just clarifying that I have nothing against people prefering Seviper (variety is the spice of life - we should all like different stuff) but at least don't use something like stats as a point against Serperior but not against Seviper, when Seviper's stats have way more problems than Serperior's.

Last edited:
I'll go with Serperior too. Now that it's got it's Hidden Ability + Leaf Storm, and that it has better stats due to being a 2-stage evolution line, I don't think Seviper's type advantages are going to help as much for this.

I tend to prefer Serperior's design overall, and its usefulness in battle is pretty high up there as opposed to Seviper.

Serperior, no contest. One of my all time faves.

Seviper is a pretty cool Pokemon, though. Shame OR/AS didn't give it a mega like some had hoped for.

I'm actually gonna have to give this one to Seviper. Obviously it has the type advantage, but the thing's attacking stats ain't something to sneeze at, either. Helps that it has an incredible design.

Both of these snakes are pretty awesome, but Serperior wins for me by a pretty wide margin. Serperior's design is really elegant and regal, while it also helps that it's better in-battle. Seviper does have a sick design though, since it literally has a knife on its tail and a bunch of scars, which makes it look like one of the few Pokemon that would straight-up murder you (surprised it isn't a Dark-type tbh).

Serperior. Since move tutoring gave it more options it's just perfect. Before the big drawback was the limited movepool, but it's speedy, strong and very elegant. Seviper is cool too, and has access to some decent moves, and of course in a fair fight has a huge advantage over Serp, but Serp is really versatile for a grass type. Sev can't do much with its limited resources. If it could learn the elemental fang moves like Arbok (and there's no reason it shouldn't) then it would have more diversity. After all, its power is mostly offensive.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom