• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocolate Bones

It's alive!
Reaction score
No such thing as a good war, kiddo.

At the edges of Homeworld's reach, deep within the Crystal System, on the new colony known as Earth, a certain Quartz believed that Gems should be who they want to be, not what they were made to be. No Gem had ever dared think that way. That was the kind of thinking that got Gems shattered.

So began the Rebellion, a Gem civil war to liberate Gemkind from Homeworld's tyranny.

Led by Rose Quartz, a growing group of rebels challenges even the Diamonds in their uprising. Homeworld's armies have the technology and the numbers, but the rebels are resilient. They've thwarted Homeworld's control at every turn, and the Diamonds grow desperate.

It's been nearly a thousand years, and the war is nearly won, but as rumors of a terrible final gambit from the Diamonds creep through the ranks on both sides, there is an overwhelming sense of dread that this may be just the beginning of something much, much worse...

Shards
A Steven Universe RPG
You are a Gem, ready and willing to fight for what you believe in, or get shattered trying. First, you have to ask yourself, are you a loyalist, dedicated to furthering the Gem empire at any cost and upholding the majesty of the Diamonds? Or are you a rebel, prepared to sacrifice everything you've ever known and loved to protect the Earth and for a fleeting chance at freedom? Whatever you choose, you'll need to rely on your fellow Gems, as well as your own abilities and skills, to protect what you treasure most.

Let's get to it!

First off: you do not need to already watch Steven Universe to participate in this RPG. However, I do recommend that you brush up on some of the basics of the series before starting out. Do keep in mind, though, that this RPG will contain spoilers: so if you're saving the series for later, or still haven't caught up, consider holding off on joining until you catch up. After all, it's a great show!

If you'd like to participate anyway, here are some wiki articles that should help:

Gems
Crystal Gems
The Great Diamond Authority

Rules:
1. No godmodding. This should go without saying. Don't use other people's characters without their permission, don't make your characters overpowered or untouchable. Just use good judgement. It's easy to tell the difference between moving the story along nicely, and taking over as a one-person show.

2. Existing Gems should be canon accurate. If you choose to create an OC of a type of gem we’ve already seen in the show (click here for a full list), their appearance and abilities should be consistent with what has already been seen in the show. Their gem weapon, clothing, alliance, history, age, and personality are still 100% up to you. Pearls are the one exception to this, because we’ve seen that Pearl’s can be much more different from one another than other gems, so you have a bit more flexibility when making a Pearl OC, so long as their signature traits (pointy nose, slender body) remain the same.

3. New Gems are first come, first served! If you want to create an OC of a gem we haven’t seen before (Emerald, Topaz, etc.), you have a claim on that type of gem. If another player has already claimed a type of gem you wanted for your OC, you may still roleplay a gem of that type, but you must ask the original player for their permission, because all gems of the same type will have the same abilities and likeness (just like in the show).

4. One paragraph minimum. I'm sure we've all stepped away from a roleplay for a couple of hours, only to come back to 40 new one-line posts we have to catch up with. I want everyone to be active and excited to play, but make sure your posts are robust and impactful enough to make it worthwhile.

5. Multiple characters encouraged! As long as you can confidently juggle multiple characters and storylines, please feel free to make more than one OC for the roleplay. Try to keep it to 3 or fewer to start out with, and if you feel like you really, really want to add characters, contact a GM and we'll be happy to work with you.

6. Violence is A-Okay! Just remember that Gems don't exactly have blood and guts.

7. Romance is no problem, and even encouraged if that's your thing, just try to keep it PG-13.

8. Like in the show, all Gems are female. Well... technically in the show they're genderless, but they go by female pronouns and have the appearance/voices of females. If you really, really want to make a male Gem, and you make a decent case, I might be able to bend this rule, but I would prefer all OCs to be female.

9. The most important rule of all: have fun!

If you don't want to make an OC, you can feel free to play characters that already exist in the show. Unfortunately, because it takes place so long before the current storyline, many of the major characters won't be available. This list will constantly be updated as people sign-up and as the story goes on, to reflect whether certain characters are available or not.

Canon Characters
Available
Pearl - Claimed by Chocolate Bones
Garnet - Claimed by Lone_Garurumon
Lapis Lazuli
Bismuth
Jasper
Centipeedle (Real Gem unknown, your choice)

Temporarily Unavailable
Blue Diamond
Blue Pearl
Yellow Diamond
Yellow Pearl

Unavailable

Peridot
Amethyst
Steven Universe

Claimed OCs
Topaz - Claimed by Lone_Garurumon
Citrine - Claimed by Chocolate Bones
Moonstone - Claimed by SpatiallyRendering

Lastly, if you do want to make an OC, here's the sign-up template. Don't be afraid to be creative!

Gem type: Ex. : Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, etc.
Nickname(s) (optional): If none is given, other characters will simply refer to your gem by her gem type. A nickname is necessary if there are other gems of the same type in the roleplay to avoid confusion.
Age: Age doesn’t have much to do with your character’s appearance or strength, because almost all Gems emerge as full grown “adults”, but more to do with their experiences. Unless your Gem is very new, age should be measured in thousands of years.
Gem weapon: What is your character’s gem weapon?
Ability(ies): What abilities does your Gem have? Remember to keep it within reason. Also, try to avoid overlapping with other Gems.
Skills: What is your character especially good at? Cooking? Inventing? Bashing things over the head?
Gem location: Where on your character’s body is her gem?
Alignment: Is your character aligned with homeworld (the villains), the rebellion (the heroes) or neutral? Characters can switch sides either way later in the roleplay.
Appearance: What does your gem look like?
Picture (optional): If you're basing your character off of fan art you made, commissioned, or borrowed from someone else (if so, please credit!). Be sure to put it in a spoiler to save space.
History/Bio: What has your Gem gone through in the past, and how has that shaped her into the Gem she is today?
Personality: What is your Gem's personality like?
Other: Anything you’d like to add here that didn’t fit anywhere else. Theme songs, favorite color, useless trivia. Anything that you think might help us get to know your character better.

Well, that's enough rambling from me. Have at it! If you guys have any questions, please feel free to PM me or post on my profile, and I'll get back to you!

@Lone_Garurumon is gonna be my Co-GM for this one, and as it is right now I might not be on quite as often as I'd like to be, so his word is law!

I look forward to playing with you guys!

Last edited:
Hi all, as Chocolate Bones up there said, I'm the Co-GM 'round these parts. Just stick to the rules and we'll be great. Hope you guys all have fun.
Characters:
Garnet
Gem type: Topaz
Nickname(s) (optional):
Gem weapon: A pair of chackram, spiked around the rims with a cross shaped handle through the middle.
Ability(ies): She is capable of creating flashes of light of varying intensity, used to get attention or distract her opponents in battle.
Skills: As a warrior by nature, Topaz's primary skill is in combat. Her combat stlye is primarily based around dsorienting her opponent and striking in moments of weakness.
Gem location: The small of her back
Alignment: She. Is a Crystal. Gem.
Appearance: She is approximately the same height as a typical Quartz soldier, with a slightly lighter build. Her body is mostly shades of yellow, as is her gem. Rather than the wild unkempt hair of a Quartz however, her light yellow hair is kept up in a bun. Her outfit is a variation on the standard Homeworld uniform, converted into a flowing two-piece, with a small pink star in the place of the diamond, and the open back kept on with a pair of crossed straps. Her gem is in a diamond shape, faceted with four sides.
Picture (optional): No image, canon topaz's haven't been shown.
History/Bio: Naturally, she began life as a Homeworld Loyalist. As Topaz are military commanders on Homeworld, instructing large numbers of Quartz soldiers in battle, she was sent with a battalion of soldiers to crush the Rebellion in the early days of the war. However Rose Quartz and her terrifying renegade Pearl easily crushed her forces. Beaten to within an inch of poofing, Topaz attempted to contact Yellow Diamond for evacuation, Her Diamond however decided that her group was a lost cause, and left her to be poofed... Or worse. This act of betrayal utterly destroyed Topaz's faith in Homeworld's cause. Seeing her completely and utterly lost without a cause to fight for, Rose Quartz offered her purpose. To choose her own fight and join the Rebellion. Topaz took Rose up on her offer, shaping her own fate to overthrow the Diamond that would leave her to be shattered.
Personality: Yellow Diamond betraying her and leaving her to rot has left Topaz with lasting trust issues. She's moving to get past them, but still has a ways to go. Aside from this though she's actually rather friendly and sociable.
Other: Imagine this song playing in the background whenever she does something epic.
I'll probably add in a Homeworld Gem once I figure out what she'll be.

Last edited:
Love the character! Approved for both Topaz and Garnet!

By the way, I realized I forgot the "Personality" part of the sign-up, so I updated that. You can add to your existing sign-up if you want, but you sort of touched on her personality in her history, so you don't have to if you don't want to.

Gem type: Moonstone
Nickname(s) (optional): I personally doubt other Moonstones coming, so no nickname, at least not for now.
Age: Extremely new, just half a millennium old. (500 years)
Gem weapon: How about a gun that shoots small shards of rocks?
Ability(ies): If the gravity from the object that is currently acting on her is weak, then she can slightly manipulate the gravity at her will. (not too much)
Skills: Moonstone is a strategist. She is very good at predicting the movements of enemy troops and countering them with superior tactics.
Gem location: On her right shoulder.
Alignment: Because she is so young, and not from Earth, Moonstone is aligned with Homeworld.
Appearance: Moonstone's colors are blue and white. She wears her pale blue hair down past her shoulders, and her outfit is akin to that of a summer dress. She wears the Homeworld outfit design, with a white diamond situated in the center, showing her servitude to White Diamond, and a base color of white. She is tall and thin, and yet has proportionate limbs to her body. (As opposed to long arms and legs) In general, she looks similar to the Lapis Lazuli variety of gem, due to the fact that Lazulite and Moonstone are both feldspar, however, her hair is longer and her color scheme is a lighter blue and white. Her gem is a semi-transparent white-ish blue in an oval shape.
History/Bio: Moonstones are a rare variety of gem, so rare that Moonstone herself was the first made in 50 millennia. As such, Moonstone was treasured, brought from the planet she was made on, one of White Diamond's colonies, to Homeworld itself, and was treated like a princess. However, Moonstone soon knew, from watching holographic replays of battles all over the cosmos, specifically the Earth rebellion, that she wanted to bring an army to victory, as a strategist. And so, at her request, she was brought to the second closest colony to Earth, in order to help lead the armies of Homeworld.
Personality: Moonstone shows significantly more emotion than the average Homeworld gem, due to her age and how she had been raised. She is also very passionate about her armies, and leading them. Otherwise, she is an average product of high Homeworld society.

Last edited:
@SpatiallyRendering

Great character! Approved!

I know I said we'd start yesterday, but I forgot I had a concert to go to yesterday, so as soon as I get home, I'll post the start up :)

Thanks! I did quite a bit of research for that one.

By the way, @Chocolate Bones
What is Citrine like?

It shows! I can't wait to see her in action!

Hahaha, I was wondering when someone was gonna call me out on that XD I've had her sign-up totally finished for several days now except for her personality. I'll make sure to get her posted today so we all know what we're up against!

Gem type: Citrine
Gem weapon: A very large sewing needle connected to a nearly infinite, incredibly strong thread. The point is specifically intended for shattering Gems, while the loop end is used for bludgeoning. She uses it as both a sword and a spear, as well as a sort of grappling hook (like a hookshot).
Ability(ies): Because her Gem is on her eye, she can see vast distances very clearly, as well as giving her exceptional detection of subtle body language clues.
Skills: Due to her slender build and unique weapon, Citrine excels at surprise attacks and stealth missions. One of her specialties is extraction, using her tether to bind and subdue enemy Gems and take them back to her superiors.
Gem location: On her right eye.
Alignment: Loyalist
Appearance: Citrine is slightly shorter than your average Quartz soldier, and, despite being a Quartz herself, is much less muscular and intimidating. Like other Quartz soldiers, she has long, unkempt, white hair. Her body is a dark, pale yellow, and her (non-gem) eye is a bright gold. She wears form-fitting black leggings, a loose fitting white tank top with a large Yellow Diamond emblem on the back, yellow combat boots, and orange gloves. She often wears a black cloak made separately from her physical form.

Her gem is pentagonal and a bright yellow with a gold shimmer.
History/Bio: Citrine is a relatively young Gem who had never seen war before the Rebellion. Now that she’s been thrust headfirst into the battle for Earth, she finds herself struggling to understand the rebel cause while simultaneously risking her life to protect the only thing she’s ever known.

Because she stood out from other Quartz soldiers, she was a top-pick for special, covert missions on behalf of the Diamonds, answering to only one Gem before Yellow Diamond herself.
Personality: Citrine has never shattered a Gem, and prefers to use her skills to gain intel and engage in sabotage rather than actual combat. Still, she’s an avid fighter and enjoys sparring with her fellow soldiers, and won’t be afraid to fight when the time comes. While she looks up to the Diamonds with admiration and respect, she can’t help but wonder if there’s more to the rebel cause than just a war over some dirt in the corners of the galaxy.

And with that, I'll post the start-ups soon and we'll get this thing rolling!

Ok, I think I've come up with my Homeworld character
Gem type: Jasper
Nickname: Rookie
Gem weapon: War hammer
Ability(ies): As a Quartz type gem, she has all of the typical Quartz powers, massive endurance, considerable physical strength, spin dashing. However, her slightly defective nature seems to have resulted in a unique ability: thanks to the large amounts of ordinary soil that is present in her gem, this Jasper appears to be capable of limited geokinesis (the ability to move earth with her mind). It is unknown just to what extent this power can go (Really she can just herl rocks and stuff, she's not gonna be making or breaking any mountains). Unfortunately the high amount of impurities in her gem, despite being the apparent cause of her powers, make the gems more brittle than normal, meaning she has to exhibit a certain amount of restraint with regards to her attacks.
Skills: She's only just emerged, she's not really that great at anything beyond what she was made for: war.
Gem location: On her left bicep.
Alignment: Homeworld Loyalist.
Appearance: Her appearance is largely that of a typical Jasper, except that her somewhat defective nature means that she is about a foot shorter than average, with an overall slimmer build. Her gem is circular, with an octagonal facet.
Picture:
History/Bio: She has only just emerged from her hole in the Beta Kindergarten. Due to the nature of said Kindergarten, her creation was rushed in order to pump out as many soldiers as possible for the war. When her minerals were injected into the walls a considerable amount of regular soil got mixed in, which is believed to be the primary cause of her defective nature.
Personality: Jasper is somewhat brutish, but at least capable of thinking enough that she doesn't get herself shattered by angering the wrong gem. She knows she's defective, but she wants to crush the rebellion to show that she does have worth, and isn't just that defective Jasper for the Beta Kindergarten. She will pursue her goals relentlessly, she'll just keep going, and going, until she gets what she wants.

Last edited:
@Lone_Garurumon , approved! Glad to see someone playing both sides ;P I'm working on a rebel OC myself as well.

I'm going to update the rules as well when I get some more time, but in short, fusions are totally okay and even encouraged! Both as an OC and as just the fusion of two existing characters. Just make sure to make a short sign-up for your fusions so we know what new weapons, personality, and abilities they have, and if your fusion is an OC, make a short sign-up for each of the Gems that make up your new character as well!

Thanks, guys!

A question on that fusion ruling then, would bringing in a fusion as it happens, e.g. if I decided to fuse Garnet and Topaz at one point, be allowed so long as we sing them up here before we do it?
Also, provided we work out the technicalities (like which player would control them), would two players be allowed to fuse their characters? e.g. Citrine and my Jasper fuse for some reason.

Yeah, of course. Just as long as the sign-up is posted before the fusion makes an appearance so that we can get a good idea of what she's like.

As far as a fusion of two different players' OCs, that's totally fine as long as the two players come to an agreement on everything including appearance, abilities, weapon, etc., as well as who controls it. I'm not sure I would really be able to do to much as a GM to manage that, so posting OOC or in PMs might work best for working that out. Whatever anyone works out together, I'm totally on board with

This looks like fun! Here's an old gemsona, modified a little for this RP!
(Let me know if I should change or elaborate on anything!)
Gem type: Chalcedony (blue)
Nickname(s): none (yet?)
Gem weapon: A hammer. It looks too big for her.
Ability(ies): >Minor telepathy. She can project thoughts to other gems if they're nearby. (Images, too, but that's way harder, and they usually come across vague anyway.) She can't read anyone's mind unless they're specifically allowing her to and she's trying to. If another gem is specifically trying to not receive her thoughts for whatever reason, she likely won't be able to project to them.
>Typical quartz spin dash
>Can lift fairly heavy objects, assuming she can get a good grip on them.
Skills: Climbing; sorting objects into unusual categories
Gem location: A cube on/in the top of her head
Alignment: Starts neutral, soon to join the rebellion
Appearance: Her body is similar in size and shape to a Ruby. Her skin is blue with lighter, almost sparkling flecks that make it very difficult for her to blend in with most environments. Her hair is short and light colored. There's no star on her outfit now, but one might appear next time she poofs after allying with the Crystal Gems.
Picture:
forgive the sketchy quality, i did this Just Now, for this sign up :V
tumblr_oc2zbtPiTa1se73n7o1_540.png
History/Bio: A few hours prior to Rose's meeting, she emerged from the Prime Kindergarten. She came out just a little bit late- not nearly late enough to make her look any different from a normal Chalcedony, but she did miss any Homeworld gems that would have picked her up. Also as a result of late and somewhat messy emergence, she doesn't know who she's "supposed to be," she just has vague 'memory' of a few basic things (such as the Diamonds' authority) and some fighting instincts.
Personality: She's wildly fascinated by the smallest of things. She's loud and a little too open with her thoughts. She tends to trust people quickly, being both naive and somewhat stubborn. She has a habit of collecting small objects that interest her (which could be almost anything), but these always get lost because she has nowhere to keep them. She likes to climb on objects and be lifted by people.
Other: Instrument motif is probably a xylophone and/or bells

Last edited:
@thestarjar I love that you made a picture for us :) That's great! Very well done. Approved, of course! Jump in whenever you're ready

Last edited:
I've been quite interested in joining a Steven Universe RP. This is perfect. Hopefully, this'll be all right.

Gem type: Andesine

Nickname(s) (optional): N/A

Gem weapon: Has no actual weapon, but uses her only offensive ability, the power to shoot out bursts of light, as this.

Ability(ies): Hologram projection, can shoot out bursts of light and manipulate them into certain limited shapes (though not as detailed as her holograms). She uses her hologram ability primarily to process information due to a bizarre design quirk.

Skills: Unlike her intended design, Andesine is quite good at processing, organizing, and retaining data, able to think as quickly as a supercomputer. However, this is contingent on one thing: her hologram ability. Due to her design quirk, she can only put her massive mental abilities to use if she is externally projecting her thoughts in the form of a hologram. If she intends to seriously commit any new information to memory, she must create a hologram of the subject first. This is due to the many flaws involved in her creation. She is also competent with technology and is generally intelligent.

Gem location: Chest.

Alignment: Homeworld.

Appearance: A gem of somewhat short (although not as small as Sapphire/Ruby. Her height is slightly shorter than Lapis Lazuli's) stature. She is generally reddish all over, her skin being a brighter red with her wavy medium-length hair duller. On her eyes, she wears a yellow transparent visor. Her outfit consists of a crimson vest with off-white sleeves, a black skirt, and black shoes.

Picture (optional): Sorry for the use of a dollmaker, but I've got a few art projects on my hand. Might draw herself myself later. I made this image here.
tumblr_oc6j5nXd9X1qeg5cbo1_400.png

History/Bio: Andesines had a short production run on Homeworld, being a new type of experimental gem created at the time. They were designed to act as war generals, being both strategic and powerful warriors. However, the experiment was soon scrapped due to most Andesines coming out defective. This includes this particular Andesine herself, though she was considered to be one of the more usable products of this run, albeit her hologram quirk was seen as highly detrimental. For many years, she was stuck with menial desk jobs, Homeworld unable to really find a true purpose for her. This would be soon to change when the facility she worked for was sent to Earth to aid in the desperate scramble to produce more gems in Beta Kindergarden and she was tasked with finally doing something of meaning - imputing the gemetic data to produce gems in the injectors.

Personality: Up until recently, Andesine was rather subdued in personality, keeping her head low due to having her status as a defective flop ingrained in her head. Her post on Earth and the demand for able gems has served to vastly increase her sense of worth and confidence. She is kind of drunk off of the power of creating new gem life, and shows off a bold and cocky facade. But she's still the hardworking determined gem she always was, doing her best to prove herself. In fact, she's working even harder than ever now, truly believing she's found her actual purpose. As such, she is highly reluctant for the war to end, and heavily opposes the rebels. But not out of a huge loyalty to the Diamonds, rather out of a fear of losing her purpose. On the inside, she's still acutely aware of her status, and cannot easily undo the years of being worthless that she has felt.

Other: N/A

Thank you! Here's one more, from sudden inspiration.
Gem type: Tiger's Eye
Nickname(s): Tiger
Gem weapon: Scutum (very tall rectangular shield)
Ability(ies): > A wider, translucent wall can expand from her shield to block projectiles (only from the front). It takes considerable effort to keep up and won't hold up if something big smashes through it, like a melee weapon or even a person.
> Sensing objects, especially moving ones, in places that are nearby but out of sight (i.e. on the other side of a wall or around a corner).
> Regular Quartz spin dash.
Skills: Stacking objects in strangely impossible-looking ways in her free time
Gem location: Chest; smooth circular gem
Alignment: Rebellion
Appearance: She's about the size of a normal Jasper or Rose Quartz. Stripey markings cover her body. Her build is very heavy and solid, making her very hard to knock over, but she's also slow.
Picture:
i plan to draw her full body & weapon soon!
tumblr_oc2zbtPiTa1se73n7o2_r1_1280.png
History/Bio: Tiger's Eye was made on Earth and originally served under Pink Diamond as a soldier, mostly a guard for other gems on missions. At one point when she was about 700, she was sent back to Earth as part of a small group who infiltrated the Crystal Gems with plans to gather intel and attack from the inside. During her time there, she was so inspired by the way everyone was able to be their different selves in harmony, and she was convinced that the Earth really was worth protecting, and she wanted to be a part of it. Tiger first told her Homeworld companions of this decision because she still cared about their well-being enough to give them the opportunity to leave. They did so, and Tiger's Eye confessed the truth to the Crystal Gems: although she had been faking it before, she really had defected from Homeworld and was joining them. She still does not regret this decision, because Earth still feels so much more meaningful than the Diamonds' conquest.
Personality: Tiger is extremely passionate and gets worked up easily (whether with anger or excitement). She would do anything to protect her friends and allies.
Other: ?

And I don't know when this'll happen, if at all, but as a just-in-case reference:
Gem type: Labradorite (Chalcedony/Tiger's Eye Fusion)
Nickname(s): ?
Gem weapon: Umbrella
Ability(ies): >Chalcedony's telepathy and Tiger's Eye's sensing, with slightly more power/range
>Umbrella Maneuvers, such as: using it like a parachute; holding it forwards and spinning it to distract/deflect attacks; using the folded umbrella like a sword
Skills: Actually keeping track of items; great balance
Gem location: Top of head & chest
Alignment: Rebellion
Appearance: She's just a little shorter than the canon Opal, with medium-dark blue skin and four arms. Various spots on her body are covered in sparkling yellow specks. Her body is sturdy and difficult to knock over or unbalance.
Picture:
tumblr_oc8b7lDOvD1se73n7o1_1280.png
History/Bio: The hypothetical fusion of Chalcedony and Tiger's Eye. She hasn't existed yet!
Personality: Labradorite simply enoys life most of the time, having an almost happy-go-lucky attitude. She's happy just to exist, but she can also get wildly worked up at times when she's excited. It would be difficult to make her very upset, and even moreso to make her show it.
Other: ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom