• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Share you favorite holiday recipes!

TaiCrunch

Reaction score
Now that Halloween's over, we can shift our focus to my favorite holiday, Thanksgiving! I'm totally in charge of cooking this year and I finally have a decent sized kitchen to work with, so I'll be experimenting a lot. Any of y'all got some fantastic holiday recipes you're willing to share?

To start off simple, my go-to Thanksgiving potluck recipe is creamy cream cheese mashed potatoes. Just boil up however many potatoes you feel are necessary, mash them up with forks or a potato masher, add milk or buttermilk and a stick of cream cheese, and stir it all together. You can leave it at that and put some gravy on it, but I wouldn't. Or once you have it looking good and creamy, put it in a casserole dish, top it with a generous layer of shredded cheddar cheese and chives, and bake it at a low temp for about 20 minutes or so, until the cheese melts.

Deviled eggs are also super simple and last all of ten minutes before they're gone. But I cheat and get those packs of pre-boiled naked eggs because I hate peeling them and I have more pressing matters to attend to. Put a few dashes of hot sauce in the egg mix and it makes a world of difference.

Ham > Turkey in our house, and the ham goes into the crockpot for 6-8 hours with pineapple juice and chunks.

Last edited:
My absolute favorite dish that we only make during the holidays is Pecan Tarts. All you need to do is make pie crust dough out of cream cheese, butter, and flour. Roll it into little balls and put them in the fridge for a few hours. Then put a dough ball in each spot on a mini muffin pan and press it up against the sides to form the crust. After that for the filling you need to mix together brown sugar, karo syrup, eggs, pecans, and butter. Fill each section of the pan up to the brim of the crusts and then put them in the oven until the tops are brown and bubble.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom