• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Sharpedo vs. Crawdaunt

Rainami

beseech the stars
Reaction score
180px-319Sharpedo.png
vs.
180px-342Crawdaunt.png

The two Water/Dark types. Both of them have a great physical attack stat and a decent Special attack. They are actually okay in competitive battling too, largely due to speed boosts and huge attack. Sharpedo has Speed Boost from the Dream World to skyrocket its speed, while Crawdaunt has the less reliable but still good Dragon Dance. Crawdaunt also gets Adaptability to make it hit even harder than it already does.

-Which one has the best design?
-Which one would win in a battle?
-Which one is the most useful?

I personally prefer Sharpedo by far. I absolutely love its design, and personally I find it more useful due to its much more reliable speed boosts. Im not sure which one would win in a fight, however...

Crawdaunt is still cool tho.

Best Design: Gotta go with Sharpedo. It's just got a cool design.
Who Would Win: Hard to say. Maybe Crawdaunt?
Most Useful: I guess, both?
Which One I Would Use: Both? Hard to say. I like both. I'll lean to Sharpedo, though.

Hm...
Their stats are similar, yet different (Sharpedo having superior Speed while Crawdaunt has better defences).
Design-wise, I prefer Sharpedo's design and origin over Crawdaunt's design (I was never a fan of the star on Crawdaunt's head nor the blue markings) and origin.

Tough. TOUGH!
Both of 'em are water types and one of my favorites since the day I first played with 'em
That said; thanks for making it THIS hard...I hate you... :p

Best looks?
Mmmm...Sharpedo is cool, crawdaunt looks bit odd.
It¨'s just the...eyes....
However, I still give my vote for the lobster here.
Scarlet red is my favorite color and Craw is definitely all that.
That said, it's cool.

Which one would win in battle?
Sharpedo is a lot faster, but Crawdaunt is much more bulkier.
Sharpedo used anything it could, Crawdaunt lives.
Crawdaunt used X-Scissor, Jaws fainted.

More usefull?
Some people might say my choice is odd,
but I pick Sharpedo here.
Only because it'äs more like the pokémons I like to use.
Strong and fast, but not really bulky.
And...It has better S.ATK too, so it's suited for mixed more than the lobster.

However, all in all I'm gonna vote for the red one.
I like to use it more.

For appearance I like them both the same.

Sharpedo is 3 times faster than Crawdaunt and could definitely land a hit before hand. Crawdaunt's has a lot of muscle, but no speed to carry that power around like Sharpedo has, so in a battle against each other Sharpedo does have that to it's advantage. Although Sharpedo does have ridiculously crippling defences and if it can't KO Crawdaunt it could get hit with a nasty X-Scissor.

But there is one thing that Sharpedo has and that's the ability "Rough Skin". If Crawdaunt manages to land an X-Scissor on the next turn and Sharpedo has a focus sash (which would be common for Sharpedo), then Crawdaunt could faint on that turn, or give Sharpedo another free turn to finish it off.

But casting support items aside I can only really say they are evenly matched.

As for usefulness against other opponents I would say that Sharpedo is the winner based on it's universal speed and priority Aqua Jet. As I said in the above Crawdaunt has a lot of raw power, but no speed and Sharpedo has Power and Speed together.

So it's Sharpedo for me.

For me, it's Sharpedo, big-time. Crawdaunt will probably win in a fight due to the fact that it has access to Fighting-type (Brick Break, Superpower) and Bug-type (X-Scissor) attacks while Sharpedo doesn't, but Sharpedo's still a bit more useful due to the fact that it can become impossible to outspeed without a priority move. Plus, it looks so much more badass.

-Which one has the best design? Sharpedo. It looks like a torpedo - fitting for its English name - and sharks are awesome by default.

-Which one would win in a battle? Probably Crawdaunt. Sharpedo can't really learn any moves that could KO Crawdaunt in time. Fury Cutter just doesn't cut the mustard.

-Which one is the most useful? Sharpedo, definitely. Crawdaunt is too slow, its Special Defence is poor, and even though its Defence is good, its sub-par HP will likely prevent it from lasting even three turns. Whilst Sharpedo does have painfully bad defensive stats, its a lot faster, especially with Speed Boost as its ability. With Focus Sash as a held item, it will probably last just as long as Crawdaunt and get more hits in.

1. Jaws and a giant enemy crab, it's a tie

2. Crawdaunt, since Sharpedo lacks any moves to deal damage to water and/or dark types

3. Sharpedo for it's speed boost ability, although Crawdaunt does have Dragon Dance, it still struggles.

Both have interesting/creative designs, but I gotta give the edge to Crawdaunt here.

Last edited:
Too hard to choose!!! I've used both to some pretty good success and would rather not choose between the two...

-Which one has the best design? Sharpedo

-Which one would win in a battle? Crawdaunt

-Which one is the most useful? Crawdaunt!!

2/3 for Crawdaunt..he gets my vote. Sharpedo is pretty cool as well though.

So, Sharpedo since it is based on Torpedoes. It can also sink teams with speed boost and some nice mixed stats. You are going to need Torpedo nets..I mean priority and scarfers to stop this one. I donot appreciate Crawdaunt's design or the fact that it is hard to find and use.

Sharpedo, it is faster and looks cooler, although I really dislike its Mega, and still like Crawdaunt.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom