• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Shaymin vs. Zorua

I like Zorua's design, typing and ability better than Shaymin so it gets my vote.

I'm usually a fan of grass-types, but I really don't like Shaymin, so I voted Zorua.

I voted for Shaymin. I loved him since I first saw him. I feel he's more useful than Zorua, especially since he has two distinct forms.

I really like both but the limitations on Sky Forme always disappointed me and I'm trying to breed a superior-IVs Zorua as we speak.

Plus I liked Zorua's voice in the English dub better.... oh wait they had the same VA! XD

Zorua's ability is useful and interesting, and it has a design that surpasses Shaymin's.

I will vote for Shaymin because I have a plush toy of his sky forme. Got it for a discount too. :XD:

Zorua. (Also, I love dark types!)
I didn't watch his movie, but I need to. badly. Well, He's a master of disguise!
Shaymin didn't get my vote because.. I don't know if he's really useful. He looks more like a peace-maker.. but, I really like his design, While with Zorua.. I do not.

Argh, I accidentally voted Shaymin instead of Zorua...

I don't like Shaymin. It's like, it deliberately tries to be cute. I don't usually find cute things that do just that, and this is no exception. I don't really see the appeal of its design either... It's a patch of grass with a flower? Grass types usually tend to have interesting origins and have fun with the variety of designs plants have. But Shaymin... not so much. And it's a shame given it is so much linked to an specific flower. I don't understand it's Sky Forme either. It seems like something that just... happens.

Zorua on the other hand is one of my favorite pokemon from gen. V. Not to mention the whole concept behind it being something I like, the design is just perfect for it-- mixing cute and mischievous. It is also a promotional pokemon, but unlike Shaymin, it doesn't feel tacked-on nor anything (though probably this is because I own one). And it holds the distinction of being a pokemon with one of the best gimmicks in the games and well executed.

I evened the results. :'D For now, anyway...

Both are incredibly adorable. D8 Hard to choose just one. I'll vote for Zorua, though, since he's a current favorite.

I never particularly like Shaymin. I quite like Zorua though, however its evolution on the other hand... it has a bleak future.

Well, they were both insanely annoying in the movies, but I'd say Shaymin just because I like its overall design better.
I do however, like zoura's shiny form :)

Zorua wins in each category. It would win in battle thatnks to his access to Incinerate, Aerial Ace, and U-turn. It was one of the reasons I bought Black Version. Oh, and a black-furred fox with a tuft of red fur on its head will always be cooler than a white hedgehog with a patch of grass on its back.

With this username, i really couldn't say Zorua, could I? Even though Zorua is one of my other favourites.

I'm definitely a bigger fan of Shaymin by design. As I don't use legendaries in battle and have no particular inclination to use Zorua/Zoroark in battle, I'm gonna let Shaymin have this one.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom