• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

She hasn't been forgotten! ***SPOILERS***

If Tracey didn't want to stay at Oak's he'd have more reason to travel around with Ash and the others than Brock does.

Bibi Nefertari said:
You can include my adorable *ehem...* sister who's obsessed with Tracey...

Say 'Hi' to your sister for me. :3 Tracey Fans > Misty Fans

:D

*shot*

*countless times* ;o;

Belldandy said:
If Tracey didn't want to stay at Oak's he'd have more reason to travel around with Ash and the others than Brock does.
EXACTLY!!!!!!

He is not a boring guy. He is calm, mature and shy ^^ *hugs his pic*
He is...umm.... more attractive hehehe.

Brock only does a food and flirts with girls. He should finally catch more pokemon and breed them.

MistyIRC said:
Tracey has no personality.
Everybody has personality. Only not every personality is liked.
For example, for you Tracey is a boring dude , but for me he is really great^^ *kisses his pic*
For someone horny Brock is cool, but for me he is....I don't like him^^

Belldandy said:
What if they're fans of both?

...The badness of being a Misty Fan overides the coolness of being a Tracey Fan and they explode.

Alfonso said:
...The badness of being a Misty Fan overides the coolness of being a Tracey Fan and they explode.
But I'm a fan of both. :-(

And aren't you an Orangeshipper? :p

Belldandy said:
But I'm a fan of both. :-(

And aren't you an Orangeshipper? :p

...Semi-Orangeshipper. XD

I'm also a Backshipper, but I'm not too keen on Marina. >.> *also randomly pairs up Jun'ichi with Tracey*

Flamewar Alert!

Wow! Can this thread go more off-topic if it tried? :rolleyes:

Anyway, on to the current running debate: I don't think that it is possible to compare May and Misty on a completely level playing field. The characters are too different in their basic role and natures.

May was conceived from the outset to be a female equivalent of Ash Ketchum in Indigo - A newbie Trainer feeling her way through the first steps of her vocation. The big difference between Ash and May is, of course, May lacks Ash's overwhelming (and sometimes self-destructive) self-confidence. She also lacks his tendancy towards manic depressive episdoes. However, May's initial stumbles and her slowly-growing poise and skill matches what we saw of Ash in Indigo and Orange.

Misty, on the other hand, was always intended to be Ash's polar opposite - an estabilished, skilled Trainer (she is an assistant GL, for Pete's sake!) who knows her craft and is a little disgusted by Ash's initial ignorance and arrogance. As time goes by, we see Misty become steadily more supportive of Ash (possibly reflecting an off-screen change in their basic relationship towards a more harmonious friendship). More recently, we have seen that she has a sense of pride and loyalty to her family's traditions and, while clearly missing travelling with her friends, she is far more content in finding her place in life. Unfortunately, with the focus switching to showcasing the Johto Pokémon in the third season, most characterisation was lost and Misty became a bit of the background rather than an active character.

In summary, May and Misty are chalk and cheese - One a newbie trainer and the other a skilled near-professional. Their personalities and roles are different enough that it is difficult to say if one is 'better' than the other.

I should note that I think that May is steadily replacing even Ash. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if he were to join Misty in HoSo soon, leaving the main thread of the story to May and Max.

Misty was never a 'skilled professional'. From what I could gather from her back in Johto, she was simply the runt of the litter that left because she wanted to prove herself to her sisters. Unlike the game, she wasn't a Gym Leader in Kanto until she went there after Johto.

AGHHHHHHFFGH. NOT THIS AGAIN.

-______0 How did I not see this?

HEY! Simple solution! ....make a series on Gym Leaders and leave everyone else out entirely! -INCLUDING- Brock and Misty. The Cerulean and Pewter GL's are Jiroo and the SenSisters. :3 That way everyone else can go ELSEWHERE and have some other series all to themselves while the more interesting series is going on. :D

And hey! None of you have a right to complain! *paces with a Bring Will Into The Anime Dammit banner*

So placing second in The Whirl Cup doesn't count as being a skilled trainer? Winning the Princess Day tournament doesn't count as being a skilled trainer? Becoming the Official Cerulean Gym Leader and saving it for its closing in HoSo doesn't count as being skilled either?

I must be living in a delusional world then.

Kasumi-san said:
So placing second in The Whirl Cup doesn't count as being a skilled trainer? Winning the Princess Day tournament doesn't count as being a skilled trainer? Becoming the Official Cerulean Gym Leader and saving it for its closing in HoSo doesn't count as being skilled either?

I must be living in a delusional world then.

She didn't place Second. o.o; Trinity placed second in the Whirl Cup, with the dude with the... Golduck, or something, placing first.

...She won the Princess Day thing using 3 Pokemon that didn't belong to her. (Pikachu, Vulpix and Bulbasaur. And she only won against Jessie using Psyduck by accident using a strategy she came across by chance.)

Misty made best 8 in the Whirl Cup competition, and you could also argue that she only beat Ash by chance then too, since she didn't mean to use pysduck

Okay my memory slipped there. She was third place. Still better than anything Ash did in that cup. And as for winning the Princess Tournament with pokémon that weren't hers to begin with just make her more of a skilled trainer: being able to handle pokes that she never trained before.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom