• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Shiny Code Error Correction

Kitasuki

Only puts shiny pokémon into HOME
Reaction score
Hello there!
As we all know, there is an error in the coding for wild encounters.
What was meant to be 1/512 (w/ SC) after 500 battled or catched mons. Is 1/512 but only 3% of the time.
Pokémon, when they talked about the odds they said 1/512 after 500 battled. So this is clearly an error.
My question is, will this be corrected? Or will the TPIC just don't give a damn?

Has GameFreak patched their games for relatively minor glitches like this? If not, I don’t think there’s a high chance that they’ll fix it unfortunately.

I really wish they would fix it. I know it's pretty small, but that's pretty big for shiny hunters (which is one of the few things that make Pokemon games last longer than the main game). And while I'm sure patching games isn't the easiest task, it's probably easier to do now than it was several years ago when they didn't even fix bigger problems.

But, based on the fact that we have seen nothing for it so far, (the games have been out for almost 6 months now) I have a bad feeling we won't see anything for it in the form of a patch. If anything, it might be fixed with one of the updates for the DLC.

Is there a source for this ? All I remember is one poketuber saying it and the news started to spread , I tried to look up for a source (like the dataminers) but couldn't find anything.

Is there a source for this ? All I remember is one poketuber saying it and the news started to spread , I tried to look up for a source (like the dataminers) but couldn't find anything.
You can even go to serebii and see that this is how it works.
Someone datamined and saw the coding.
It is a very dumb one to be honest.
Also, the way you can over exploit shinies in dens is just... wow, it removes completely the magic of founding a shiny

You can even go to serebii and see that this is how it works.
Someone datamined and saw the coding.
It is a very dumb one to be honest.
Also, the way you can over exploit shinies in dens is just... wow, it removes completely the magic of founding a shiny
Out of curiosity, what is the den Shiny exploit? I thought you had to soft reset for full odds.

Out of curiosity, what is the den Shiny exploit? I thought you had to soft reset for full odds.
Basically you have a program that tells you a day, then you move to that day in a particular den and it will be 100% of the time shiny. However, only others can catch it and not you. But you can disconnect the game, start over and bams, shiny again. Infinite 100% shinies for everyone

Basically you have a program that tells you a day, then you move to that day in a particular den and it will be 100% of the time shiny. However, only others can catch it and not you. But you can disconnect the game, start over and bams, shiny again. Infinite 100% shinies for everyone
It doesn't tell you the specific date, it only tells you how much days you should skip so you can reset the den enough times.

The deeper you get the more complicated it becomes so I recommend you check Blaines' videos on youtube about it to see how it works

It doesn't tell you the specific date, it only tells you how much days you should skip so you can reset the den enough times.

The deeper you get the more complicated it becomes so I recommend you check Blaines' videos on youtube about it to see how it works
Honestly I am not interested. But thank you nonetheless.
Perhaps an unpopular opinion, but that kinda sucks the magic of shinies for me.
I went back to older gens to hunt.
I think that, even if you shiny ditto breed in gen 2 or do it with the gyarados, the work you need to put in, is way better than a thing you just do a glitch and voilá.
What bothers me is not that other people get it, for me everyone should have the shinies they want, but more that it ruins it for me. If I joined a raid now, and it was a legit shiny, I would think it was exploited and not enjoy it at all.
The only raids I do are with buds, and that is it.

Honestly I am not interested. But thank you nonetheless.
Perhaps an unpopular opinion, but that kinda sucks the magic of shinies for me.
I went back to older gens to hunt.
I think that, even if you shiny ditto breed in gen 2 or do it with the gyarados, the work you need to put in, is way better than a thing you just do a glitch and voilá.
What bothers me is not that other people get it, for me everyone should have the shinies they want, but more that it ruins it for me. If I joined a raid now, and it was a legit shiny, I would think it was exploited and not enjoy it at all.
The only raids I do are with buds, and that is it.
Tbf, it takes so much time and effort to find and reach the correct pokemon, Then you can controll it to become any pokemon avalable in the den and clone as much as you want of any of these pokemon which is too much for inserting some values and pressing the same buttons for god knows what amout of numbers the seed checker gave you,But atleast it's not as "excessive" as the cute charm glitch.

Tbf, it takes so much time and effort to find and reach the correct pokemon, Then you can controll it to become any pokemon avalable in the den and clone as much as you want of any of these pokemon which is too much for inserting some values and pressing the same buttons for god knows what amout of numbers the seed checker gave you,But atleast it's not as "excessive" as the cute charm glitch.
Do not get me started on that one...
My thing is, people should use shiny den exploit but with codes. People that want that guaranteed shiny join and that is it. For me that would be neat

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom