• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shiny Encounters In B/W

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww, you guys are lucky finding shiny Pokémon. I have never that much luck XD
The only time I ran into a shiny Pokémon was in Sapphire... and it was a Tentacool. Yea, not very original, right?
I hope I'm having more luck with White now :/

You really have to encounter alot of Pokemon or Soft reset alot. By the way, Im having no luck with Tepig

You really have to encounter alot of Pokemon or Soft reset alot. By the way, Im having no luck with Tepig

It's just really weird considering I have played Diamond over 300 hours and still not encountered a shiny xD While others find one during the main story lol Oh well...
Hope you'll have more luck with your Tepig^^

It's just really weird considering I have played Diamond over 300 hours and still not encountered a shiny xD While others find one during the main story lol Oh well...
Hope you'll have more luck with your Tepig^^

I have, by my own approximation, about 3,000 hours in Sapphire, about 1,500 hours in Platinum (both have hit the limit 999:59 ages ago), about 650 hours in SoulSilver and now a bit under 100 hours in Black. Aside from the Red Gyarados and stuff I have RNG abused, I haven't seen a single wild shiny Pokémon in any of these games. Go figure.

Also, Sketch, two shinies already? That's some super luck there.

Aww, you guys are lucky finding shiny Pokémon. I have never that much luck XD
The only time I ran into a shiny Pokémon was in Sapphire... and it was a Tentacool. Yea, not very original, right?
I hope I'm having more luck with White now :/

Head up! My first real shiny encounters were on HeartGold. Yes, I encountered two within a week of each other, but they were Golbat and Spearow. I was happy that they were shiny, but I don't particularly like their lines. :p

Only recently did I get a cool shiny in the form of Duosion.

I have, by my own approximation, about 3,000 hours in Sapphire, about 1,500 hours in Platinum (both have hit the limit 999:59 ages ago), about 650 hours in SoulSilver and now a bit under 100 hours in Black. Aside from the Red Gyarados and stuff I have RNG abused, I haven't seen a single wild shiny Pokémon in any of these games. Go figure.

Also, Sketch, two shinies already? That's some super luck there.

That's quite a bit of time invested in Pokemon. I wish I could keep a save file going that long! I usually restart.

Head up! My first real shiny encounters were on HeartGold. Yes, I encountered two within a week of each other, but they were Golbat and Spearow. I was happy that they were shiny, but I don't particularly like their lines. :p

Only recently did I get a cool shiny in the form of Duosion.

That's quite a bit of time invested in Pokemon. I wish I could keep a save file going that long! I usually restart.

lol, I wish I had the will to restart a game. I can never part with my Pokemon xD If I ever traded /EVERYTHING/ to another game, I would. My Diamond has 13 full boxes of stuff.

Actually ran into my first shiny ever in Black. Shiny Patrat. Right at the beginning. What a way to start.

Was surfing one time, and suddenly found a shiny frillish!!! :O

All I wanted was the egg on route 18. :p

Just found a shiny Munna after defeating the first gym in Black. This happened while I was training an already caught Munna which I then quickly replaced with the shiny.

I also found a shiny Patrat on the first route. But since I was doing Bianca's capture challenge at the time, I'd just used up my last pokeball on a normal Patrat. :p

I got a shiny Gurdurr, which evolved into a Conkeldurr, via the GTS, though. Timid nature, ouch. Which I'm guessing is why they wanted to trade it away D:

I found a shiny Minccino, which was paired up with another(non-shiny) in a wild double battle. I had to stare in absolute awe for a few seconds(including checking the site to make sure), and as I did that, I wanted it. I already had the pokemon, but this was too good to pass up.

thats really lucky wow, how come that never happens to me?

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get one with time. Two of my RE shinies (Lotad and Woobat) were found very early in the game (the second route on Sapphire and the first cave on White, respectively). I'd suggest you avoid repels at all times.

I found a shiny Minccino, which was paired up with another(non-shiny) in a wild double battle. I had to stare in absolute awe for a few seconds(including checking the site to make sure), and as I did that, I wanted it. I already had the pokemon, but this was too good to pass up.

That's what happened to me the first time I found a shiny Pokémon! I was on LeafGreen and found a blue-eyed Venonat on Bond Bridge. I called a friend to ask why it was different-coloured (I thought it was a glitch). Once he explained what it was to me, I caught it and immediatly evolved it into my shiny Venomoth. Good times...

I high five you for experiencing the same thing that I did! It's definitely not hard to miss a Pokemon being shiny when it is in a wild double battle and is put next to its regular form. x)

^^

except when there's two Pokémon who dont change much...

Like Garchomp and Pink Gastrodon, but BW hasn't those anyway

I just ran into a shiny Joltik in Chargestone Cave! What are the chances, less than 30 hours in, that Id find a shiny prevo of my favourite Gen V Pokemon? Im so freakin happy!! :'D

I just ran into a shiny Joltik in Chargestone Cave! What are the chances, less than 30 hours in, that Id find a shiny prevo of my favourite Gen V Pokemon? Im so freakin happy!! :'D

Congrats on getting it! ^^ I was also just around 30 hours when I got my shiny Vanillite.

Whatnoiamnotjealouswhatareyoutalkingabout

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get one with time. Two of my RE shinies (Lotad and Woobat) were found very early in the game (the second route on Sapphire and the first cave on White, respectively). I'd suggest you avoid repels at all times.

That's what happened to me the first time I found a shiny Pokémon! I was on LeafGreen and found a blue-eyed Venonat on Bond Bridge. I called a friend to ask why it was different-coloured (I thought it was a glitch). Once he explained what it was to me, I caught it and immediatly evolved it into my shiny Venomoth. Good times...

i never use repels, ever. I do this so i can run into shinies. Im still working on Tepig and really want my White to arrive. Im up to 570 SRs

i never use repels, ever. I do this so i can run into shinies. Im still working on Tepig and really want my White to arrive. Im up to 570 SRs

Good luck, then! I really hope your patience pays off and you get not only your shiny Tepig, but a random-encountered shiny too! :)

I found a Shiny Sandile just 12 hours after getting the game! I was looking for Maractus and Dwebble in the Desert Resort when it appeared! As much as I would like to record the Shiny forms of Krokorok and Krookodile on my Pokedex, I think they're too ugly. I don't want to evolve him. It's annoying though, because he's my second best team member and tries to evolve after almost every battle. Anyone know how to get an Everstone in Black?

I found a Shiny Sandile just 12 hours after getting the game! I was looking for Maractus and Dwebble in the Desert Resort when it appeared! As much as I would like to record the Shiny forms of Krokorok and Krookodile on my Pokedex, I think they're too ugly. I don't want to evolve him. It's annoying though, because he's my second best team member and tries to evolve after almost every battle. Anyone know how to get an Everstone in Black?

I believe I got an Everstone from the man in Castelia Poké Center who gives items based on how much you've traded. But you could always check Bulbapedia.
E: Yeah, he hands that out after 10 trades. Or wild Roggenrola can hold it randomly, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom