• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shiny Encounters In B/W

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, congrats to everyone who got lucky so far.

Don't be sad. I played over 700 hours of Diamond without seeing a Shiny. I thought I'd never get one ever. But then all of a sudden, it was basically a Shinysplosion! I restarted Platinum just before HGSS came out and got a Shiny Zubat! Then I played through SoulSilver with no success (Besides Gyarados). But as soon as I started up HeartGold, Shiny Geodude! Then later in SoulSilver, Shiny Machop! Then I learned how to Pokeradar and got Shiny Pichu, Pikachu and Ponyta! Then just 11 hours after getting Black (not play time though, that was more like just a few hours), Shiny Sandile! The only games I have yet to get a Shiny on now is White and all my old GBA games that I haven't touched in forever!

So I think you'll get there eventually! Just keep playing! And Pokeradar if you want!
That isn't really encouraging, more like rubbing it in one's face >_> 2000 hours of Sapphire, 1500 hours of Platinum, 650 hours of SoulSilver, 200 hours of Black, 0 random shinies. I got two random ones in Gold but those are already killed by the dead battery. >_> And you dare to just suggest "keep playing"? It won't make it any more likely.

Last edited:
Hehe, funny thing is, if you're able to find Golett, there's no way you would've found a Druddigon. They're in the grass out the front of Dragonspiral Tower, not inside. Still, well done.

Im currently Masuda-ing for a shiny Desumasu. Currently on egg 204-209.

really? i've ran into both in the tower within minutes of each other.

Found a shiny Litwick. My first shiny since I randomly found a shiny Bibarel in the Safari Zone in Diamond.

Man, I have had no such like on Pokemon White. But I'm gonna go Shiny hunting! ^^

Probably my worst nightmare would be if I was running through the grass to get to a town or something and getting an unwanted battle while only half-concentrating, pressing "Run" and then noticing it's a Shiny during the fadeout...
That. Would. Suck. And for some reason it's a fear I obsess over to the point where when I play Pokemon, I can't have ANY distractions; no TV, laptop, nothing.

It's also why I think wild Shiny Pokemon should have their own battle intro and battle theme music. Shiny wild Pokemon should also have the red star on their HP bar in battle.

My current list of random Shiny encounters includes:
Shiny Slugma (Emerald. Didn't know wtf it was til I found Bulbapedia. Traded away for Shaymin)
Shiny Magikarp (HeartGold. What's the point, everyone's got Shiny Gyarados anyway. Traded away)

It's also why I think wild Shiny Pokemon should have their own battle intro and battle theme music. Shiny wild Pokemon should also have the red star on their HP bar in battle.

Or if you could pay attention for 3 seconds when every battle starts, you'd see they shiny twice and have music that occurs with it.

I've caught three Shiny Pokémon so far: Tympole, Basculin (Blue), and Ditto! I was pretty lucky, in previous games I didn't find shinies.

I guess this doesn't count as an "encounter" per se, but I just got a shiny Darkrai on the GTS. Almost certainly hacked, but it's still kind of cool.

Is it just me, or are people hacking games to get shiny pokemon? so many wifi battle players have shiny pokemon with them. I believe 80% of them are either hacking or using the masuda method.

Is it just me, or are people hacking games to get shiny pokemon? so many wifi battle players have shiny pokemon with them. I believe 80% of them are either hacking or using the masuda method.

dont forget that Masuda Method odds have increased this gen. People would probably get more shinies from hatching and it seems lik you encounter more Pokemon in general this time around. That could be why

That isn't really encouraging, more like rubbing it in one's face >_> 2000 hours of Sapphire, 1500 hours of Platinum, 650 hours of SoulSilver, 200 hours of Black, 0 random shinies. I got two random ones in Gold but those are already killed by the dead battery. >_> And you dare to just suggest "keep playing"? It won't make it any more likely.

Don't feel bad. I'v played just as much as you and only got 3 random Shinies, and I accidentally killed 1 of them.

what is the chance of percentage of meeting a shiny?

what is the chance of percentage of meeting a shiny?

1 in 8192, something like .012%

Also, I've heard that the Masuda method is now 6 times more likely to yield a shiny vs. 4 in the past, but I can't find any place to confirm that. Does anyone know for sure?

Also, I've heard that the Masuda method is now 6 times more likely to yield a shiny vs. 4 in the past, but I can't find any place to confirm that. Does anyone know for sure?

Yeah, i saw it was like 1/1300 or something. I think it was somewhere on Bulbapedia..

I thought it was if you give a pokemon an everstone and do the Masuda method then it was six times as likely.

Yay! My first time encounter of a shiny, and it is a Tranquill :D

Going to find a shiny starter and nickname it after my favorite youtuber

Grats to all who have gotten a shiny :D

I have yet to obtain any gen 5 shiny but i am attempting masuda method to get a shiny druddigon any word on whether or not you do need to attach the everstone to one of the parents?

I just have my JP Ditto in with a eng. druddigon is that all i need?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom