• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shiny Humans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never thought there would be such a thing as shiny humans, because humans are not really Pokemon, and are based on real-life humans, as evidenced in the different skin colours like a slight tan (Brock and Iris) and distinctively African-American (Lenora). I imagine there are some very white humans as well, like European people.

However, if there are "shiny" humans, they would definitely be either crystal, golden, silver or diamond-coloured, because they're all shiny, aren't they?

Thanks for reading.

We have shiny humans, they're called Albinos. JK

Seriously though, what the heck are you talking about? Humans aren't Pokemon, humans are animals (gezz, somebody failed science class).

Haha, yeah, seeing as they have never once shown a "Shiny tree" in the Pokémon world, and trees are far more common than Pokémon, or even a "Shiny human" since humans are more common than Pokémon, I think it's safe to assume that Shininess only happens to Pokémon and not to other organismas such as plants, animals, or people, lol

Well, shiny Pokemon are really just palette swaps of their normal counterparts. Most shiny Pokemon only have subtle differences from their normal counterparts, though. So for humans, it could be something as simple as a different hair color or eye color.

Ah, hah, hah!

That would be hilarious. The only way a Human could be shiny is if they put on tons of jewelry and sparkly clothes (*cough*DomeAceTucker*cough*).

Of course, seeing as how Cilan sparkles... maybe he's a Shiny?

There was some woman in real life who supposedly secreted a shiny metal-like substance from her skin. She'd be shiny, lol.

Gingers.

It only occurs in around 2% of the human population, and is decreasing. Eventually, encountering a real-live ginger will be equivalent of running into a shiny Pokemon.

Reminds me of those "sparkling vampires" from Twilight...

As for this thread, the whole point of shiny Pokemon is to have something rare, unique, and special. Like a White Tiger in real life, but more of a special novelty type of thing. With humans, theres just no point. Besides, if humans need something special theres always aura powers or psychic abilities.

Shininess is just a gimmick, and as it doesn't necessarily change anything in the Pokemon world or franchise (other than the novelty feeling)
Having a shiny human would be pointless, because only him/her can own itself
But, during a mad hallucination I'd be able to picture shiny humans with a different (as in outstandingly different) skin color or hair color or eye color
But seeing as all sorts of hair colors are available in the Pokemon world, the second option is a bit moot

@Quattro ~ Bajeena Does this mean Skyla's shiny?

Nah - I don't think anything would happen to their skin tones or hair color. Rather, their clothes would be sparkly.

Like, Cilan could have a green sparkly suit instead of his regular black outfit. Elesa would have a golden vest and silver leggings. Stuff like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom