• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shiny Pokémon by Chance Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

O_Hail_The_King

The King of the Boards!!!
Reaction score
This thread is for all talk thats shiny realated, its not a community thread at all, so everything must be related to the topic.

You can talk about shinies you have/want and what other shinies people have. Instead of posting diffrent threads about shinies, just post everything about it here. This idea I made worked well on the other boards, so I hope it will do the same here.

Post your shiny pictures here as well as proof that you have shinies. If you hacked shinies, don't lie and say "Yea I found this shiny and I am looking for this other one", when you knwo you hacked the first one and can hack others. If you lie and get caught hacking shinies, chances are you will get flamed and bashed for the rest of your life, so do yourself a favor and tell the truth.

Well that's all for now, so you guys can get psoting away about your shinies and everything.

Everyone have fun, and shiny talk your hearts out.

My Shinies:
Kyogre
Rayquaza
Snorlax

I'm currently going for a shiny Latias/Latios.

Last edited by a moderator:
HOLY CRAP! 0.o You seriously caught all those without cheating?? I have never seen a shiny in my games ever! But I once saw a shiny koffing while I was watching my brother play, sadly at the time we didnt know what it was and he thought it was a bad glitch and didnt want to catch it so he ran lolz.

I recently caught (and saw) my first shiny in FireRed, a Pidgey that is now a Pidgeotto.

Getting a shiny Lati@s would be near-impossible without hacking. It's not like you could soft-reset your game over and over...

I recently caught (and saw) my first shiny in FireRed, a Pidgey that is now a Pidgeotto.

Getting a shiny Lati@s would be near-impossible without hacking. It's not like you could soft-reset your game over and over...
In RS they have that place you need a ticket to get to, I think the Lati@s there can be soft-resetted to change values. So if you have Ruby AND Sapphire you could potentially get both.

Where's your proof/pictures? How do we know you didn't hack these?

Well, all those are overworld wild pokemon, so it wouldn't be hard, just boring SOFT RESETTING FTW.

Btw, that Beldum you get from Steven's house doesn't have set values does it? Because I've been soft resetting for the past few days and I'm worried.

Btw, that Beldum you get from Steven's house doesn't have set values does it? Because I've been soft resetting for the past few days and I'm worried.

I've heard loads of times about people getting the Beldum shiny from there so there's no need to be worried. :)

And for the record, it is possible to soft-reset for a shiny Lati@s on Southern Island. I should know because I did just that on Ruby after getting the Eon Ticket. In the same file, I also caught a shiny Spinda while collecting ash. Those two are now long since gone, though, as I reset.

That was last summer and since then I've caught four shinies: a Taillow (now a Swellow) that I actually found five hours into my new game just under Meteor Falls, an Illumise last January while searching for Volbeat, and then my two big surprises: a Golbat from Sky Tower and a Whismur from Victory Road who I caught within twenty-four hours of each other a few weeks ago. o_O I haven't touched the Illumise or Whismur since I've caught them, but Swellow is now L70 something and my Golbat is waiting to be EV trained.

I've yet to come across a shiny myself, I'm hoping when I get Pearl that will be my lucky game and at least get one? XD I'm not a very lucky person though so I doubt it =p
I really want a shiny Buneary if only for the fact that when I saw the little icon of Mimilop, I joked about how it kinda looked like Lopmon from Digimon, then was quite suprised when I found out it's shiny colours were that of Lopmon, brown and pink! <3

shinies are cool, but i heard their base stats are lowered

Only in Generation II, as far as I know. Starting Generation III, shiny Pokemon have the exact same stats as regular Pokemon, and the only thing different about them is their colors.

The Shiny Gods hate me. My only official shinies were the three Red Gyarados I caught in GSC and a shiny Zigzagoon I got in the Pokemon Center in New York. Of course, I managed to accidentally delete him. I got several Shinies in ROMs I played... I got a shiny Tentacool and a shiny Sharpedo in a Ruby ROM within thirty minutes of each other, a shiny Voltorb in a FireRed ROM and a shiny Pidgey in a Crystal ROM. But everyone knows ROM Pokemon don't count.

pfft try 1 red gyrados as a shiny, ive never even seen one besides it!

btw post your favorite pokemon from any gen game with stats into my thread titled Post pkmn from games with stats here~

Last edited:
I got a Shiny Persian from my LeafGreen version (traded over to XD) and a shiny Dustox from my Emerald Version (traded over to Colosseum).

The only shiney I have ever got was a Koffing (Pokemon Mansion, Cinnabar Island, LeafGreen Version) I have since restarted and never seen one since :(
I am beggining to think it was a fluke...

There is a list of my Shinies:
-2 Spinda (both caught in the Route 113 in Sapphire)
-1 Pidgey (from the Route 1 in LeafGreen, while I was training the Speed EV's of a Mr. Mime; the bad thing is that it has a Rash Nature and a total of 87 IV's)
-2 Zubat (both caught in the Altering Cave of Emerald)
-1 Whismur (Rusturf Tunnel - Emerald)
-1 Poochyena (Route 103)
-1 Chansey (hatched from an egg in Verdanturf Town; a male Skitty passed down her Heal Bell and Substitute).
-1 Deoxys (from Birth Island in LeafGreen; thanks to the EGS 2004, I had the chance of download the Wonder Card).

Maybe you are wondering what is the EGS: It is an event organized in Mexico City (and in other Latin American countries like Brazil) every year since 2003 targeted to the video game industry. In 2003, the Nintendo Staff was giving away lots of Eon Tickets (I was able to get 10 of them); in 2004, the Aurora Ticket was available at the Pokémon Stand (the event took place one month after the release of FireRed & LeafGreen, so I guess the Wonder Cards downloaded from the Pokémon Rocks America 2004 were from the same 'Wonderspot'); finally the Mystic Ticket arrived in 2005. Last year there was no Pokémon stand, and neither Celebi (JAA) nor Mew (Toys "R" Us) saw the light. Hopefully, this year will be different.

I caught shiny poochyena in my Emerald!
It's now mightyena lv25

Umm quick question... What are the odds of catching a shiny anways? Aren't they like ungodly horrible? Lol, Are there any tricks for catching shinys or is it basically just walk through grass till yah find one?

I found a Shiny Oddish lv.13 ib North of Cerulean it's now a level 56
Bellosom

Umm quick question... What are the odds of catching a shiny anways? Aren't they like ungodly horrible? Lol, Are there any tricks for catching shinys or is it basically just walk through grass till yah find one?
I think it's 1%(1/8000sumting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom