• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shiny Pokémon by Chance Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
By chance: Nidorino (Crystal), Meditite (Platinum), Ponyta (Heart Gold), Watchog (Black), hatched Petitil (Black)
By trading: Eevee (now an Umbreon)
By event/in-game: Gyarados, Suicune, Entei, Raikou, Pichu

Shiny Eevee (evolved into Espeon)
Shiny Ditto
And the Red Gyrados from G/S/C, if that counts.

I wonder if breeding with my shiny Ditto would increase the chances of a shiny baby pokemon? Probably not, though.

I wonder if breeding with my shiny Ditto would increase the chances of a shiny baby pokemon? Probably not, though.

Nope. One of the parents has to be a foreign Pokemon. Shiny parents do not increase your chances.

I have only ONCE in my whole gaming career (which spans back to Gen1) met a shiny.
I encountered a shiny Electrike north of Slateport City in Pokemon Ruby......I had no Poke-balls.....

i found a shiny bibarel with chaining(it was like a bit of practice) a shiny chansey on diamond and i have a shiny gyrados form soulsilver. at this moment i am hunting a shiny charmander via soft reseting on fire red+leafgreen.

i got my first Shiny in Black.. unfortunately, it's Trubbish.. but hey, Shiny is Shiny after all..

then i got Seel inside Kyurem's lair.. i would have never thought it's shiny if only i didnt see that it sparks xD.. it's just a plain Seel that sparks, my Trubbish is better xD

The only shiny I've ever run into besides the red Gyarados in Crystal was a shiny Whismur found in Whismur Cave in my Pokemon Sapphire version. I reset that game years ago...really regret it now.

My first Shiny was a Buneary. Then a week after that I saw a Budew, apparently I got a critical hit and made it faint. Still hate myself for it. X_X

In Diamond, I was running around near the Pal Park, being bored, when a Wingull appeared.
IT HAD GREEN STRIPES.
HOLY ARCEUS ULTRABALLULTRABALLULTRABALLBLAAAAAAAARH
Caught it, drew a picture of it, and taped it to my wall. I was so proud.

I got my first random shiny since Gen III this past weekend while IV breeding Axew. Of course, the shiny Axew failed to get the Everstone nature, and had mostly bad IVs. I'm much happier to have the IV bred Axew than a random shiny I'll never use.

My shinys:

> Cleffa, first ever, Day care egg, Crystal
> Geodude, Mt. Moon, Fire Red. Lost when I restarted :(
> Wurmple, Sweet honey tree, Diamond, now a Beautifly.
> Golem, Route 214, Platinum. Found as a Graveler.
> Drowzee, Route 34 in HeartGold
> Butterfree, Bug catching contest, HeartGold, literally HOURS after the Drowzee!
> Purrloin, Dreamyard, White. Now a Liepard.
> Cubchoo, Route 7, during Winter, Black.

I have pictures and will add them to my album later.

I remember getting a shiny Tentacool a LONG time ago, in Crystal I think, and feeling both elated and dismayed... because I hate Tentacool. However, in Ruby I found a shiny Sentret. And I'd forgotten all about it!! I was browsing through my old Ruby cart the other day because today I'm buying SoulSilver (so I will be transferring my old Pokemon from Ruby and FireRed to SoulSilver and then to Black) so you can imagine my pleasant surprise when I found the pre-evolution of one of my most favorite Pokemon in shiny form, sitting in one of my PC boxes. I was so happy! :crush:

My most recent shiny encounter was a Tranquill in Black, which is now a Unfezant.

I have:
1. Shiny Nidoking
2. Shiny Ditto

Shiny Ditto = I have every shiny pokemon in the game.

Once, in Sinnoh's Safari Zone...I found a shiny Skorupi. Now, I was hard-pressed to even find a regular Skorupi, so I was amazed...but, it being the Safari Zone, it just had to get away. I have never found any other shinies to this day. *sigh*

Once, in Sinnoh's Safari Zone...I found a shiny Skorupi. Now, I was hard-pressed to even find a regular Skorupi, so I was amazed...but, it being the Safari Zone, it just had to get away. I have never found any other shinies to this day. *sigh*

That sucks so much, sorry to hear it happened. :dead:

Nope. One of the parents has to be a foreign Pokemon. Shiny parents do not increase your chances.

I really wish it did. I just got a shiny Ditto at Giant Chasm the other day.

I've mentioned it in other threads, but not here. So, I previously posted that I caught the Shiny LoR Gyarados, right? So, after I posted, literally the next battle after that, I run into a shiny Magikarp. I immediately caught her and named her Goldy :3 She sits right next to her "daddy" Gyaro, and will remain untouched.

Hi!

I'm G-Money, and I've been shiny hunting for quite a while. I think it was February 2006 when I came across a gray Slugma. I looked online to see what it was, and I discovered shinies. Sure enough, I've been hunting them ever since!

Here are the my shinies:

Slugma (Emerald) - Random
Electrode (Ruby) - Random
Shuppet (Emerald) - Encountered
Zangoose (Ruby) - Encountered
Dialga (Diamond) - SR
Torchic (Sapphire) - SR
Uxie (Diamond) - SR
Bibarel (Diamond) - Safari Zone
Bulbasaur (FireRed) - SR
Magnemite (Diamond) - Egg Hatching
Tangela (LeafGreen) - Encountered
Giratina (Diamond) - SR
Staravia (Diamond) - Random
Treecko (Sapphire) - SR
Elgyem (Black) - Encountered

I'm currently on a quest to get every SRable shiny in Sapphire, before the internal battery dies! Right now I'm going for Mudkip to finish my Hoenn shiny starter trio. I'm also SRing for the Johto starters in SS, Drifloon in Diamond, REing for Litwick in Black, and SRing for the Sinnoh starters in Platinum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom