• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shiny Pokémon by Chance Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Random Shiny Pokemon Encounters

Yuck I've never found too many shiny Pokemon. xD
My first one was in Pokemon Silver, a green Golbat o0o! but I couldn't catch it because I havn't any Pokeballs at that moment :(!
My second one was a shiny seal in FR xDU. I didn't notice that he was shiny until I saw the star which indicated that it was a shiny xDU
And my third and last one was in Pokemon Pearl, a Shiny Unown, he appeared because of the Unown chain xDU
And of course red Gyarados (Duh! xD)

Last edited:

After years of finding no shinies whatsoever, I came across a shiny Arbok in victory road in FR :D

only shiny encounter ive had (and recall) was about 25 mins into platinum i had restarted cause i wanted a different starter was training for the first gym in the patch of grass above the town and ran into a shiny machop i caught him and named it lucky

A long time ago (I don't quite remember at this point) I encountered a shiny Muk in the mansion on Cinnabar on my Leaf Green. Named him Snot. Still have him.

Even longer ago, I gotta shiny electrike. Named him Blue after the iconic dog from my (pre)childhood. Unfortunately, I don't know what's happened to this one and it appears as if it's gone forever.

No other luck with shinies, but I guess two in my entire career ain't bad.

Last edited:

Fishing for high level Magikarps in the Resort Area in Platinum and found a level 40 shiny. Didn't evolve it because I thought Red Gyarados was pretty common compared to Gold Magikarp.

Magikarp is like a Pokemon gold mine! A Magikarp lays one-thousand eggs at a time. Each one-thousand baby Magikarp lay one-thousand more. One-thousand times one-thousand makes one-million. Every one of those one-million lays another thousand. That's a billion Pokemon!

I have actually had INCREDIBLE luck in finding Shiny Pokemon, but then have HORRIBLE luck in managing to keep them.

My first Shiny ever (ignoring the old Red Gyarados.) was a Zubat that I came across in Shoal Cave in Ruby. I only vaguely remembered that the sparkles meant something, because of Red Gyra, and caught it. It didn't feel all that specil to me at that point. I lost Shiny Zubat when I started a new game on my Ruby. I regret that move to this very day.

I had bought Sapphire for my sister, simply so that I would have someone to play with. She found a Shiny Whismur just outside of Rustboro, and I told her to trade it to me once I bought a new link cable (since I only had one for GBC, not GBA.) She had forgotten about trading it to me and started a new game when she kept losing to Wattson. That was the day I lost Shiny Whismur.

Third Shiny I still have. I caught it about two years ago, on the same Sapphire cartridge that my sister used to play. It was a Wurmple that popped up in Petalburg Woods. Like...REALLY early into the game. I couldn't believe my fucking luck. I caught the purple Wurmple and migrated it to Diamond. It has since evolved into a golden Dustox, and is on my Pokemon Ranch. This is the first Shiny I actually managed to hang on to.

Second Shiny I still have is a Geodude that I caught on my Platinum version. I was in the Oreburgh Mine (again, very early on in the game) trying to train the Togepi that Cynthia had given me. Then, lo and behold, a gold Geodude trolls along. He too is on my Ranch, and I do not plan to evolve him ever, because a bouncing golden nugget with a RAGE FACE is pricelessly funny.

The last Shiny I've found to date was a silver Eevee in the Trophy Garden. Funny story. I was actually chaining for a Shiny Pikachu...and god damned amazing Shiny Eevee broke my chain. Unbelievable. Haven't evolved this one yet either, because I don't know what Shiny Eeveelution I want. Shiny Eevee is also on my Ranch.

So there you go. My lost Shinys and current SHinys.

My HG Red Gyrados is my HM Whore. I do not care about his reddness.

A shiny Cacnea in Pokemon Sapphire. A shiny Mareep In Pokemon Sapphire. (I nicknamed Mareep fluffy :3) Then a shiny Bidoof in Pokemon Platinum. Out of all the Pokemon I could've run into that could've been shiny I end up with ... Him... *Glares at Bidoof*

I ran into a Shiny Loudred on Sapphire in Victory Road. I will never forget the sheer awesomeness of that moment. Of course, I immediately captured it (I named it Sweetpea, as it was a girl). Sweetpea has since been migrated to my copy of Diamond. I also ran into a shiny Volbeat by accident while chaining, and named him Blue-Ray. I have several shinies from chaining, though those shinies aren't random (since I chained for them). BTW, I will never understand why some people, upon encountering a shiny, will kill it or flee. Regardless of what pokemon I ran into, if it were shiny, I'd capture it just for the rarity of it.

I think the only shiny I've encountered in the wild has been Gyarados in Crystal/HeartGold. But that wasn't randomly :XD2:.
My brother recently caught a shiny Mareep south of Violet Town (I think) in SoulSilver. He named it Pinkball, since Mareep is pink when shiny :XD:.

On Mt. Cornet in Pearl, my sister randomly found a shiny machoke XD

In Gold I had found and caught a golden Ledyba, it gave me the creeps when I first saw it, because I had never seen a shiny, and wasn't aware of thier existance.

In Pearl I found a shiny Magcargo in the tunnel leading to the Elite Four.

Again in Pearl, I randomly ran into a Geodude that was shiny. I was about to catch it with the pokeball, because it just looked so awesome. Before I throw the pokeball after damaging the Geodude enough to capture it with a great ball, I'm hit with "Geodude used Selfdestruct!"

The only Shiny I've found randomly was a Shiny Roselia in Platinum.

In order?

My first Shiny was a Weedle in Gold. Evolved it into a Beedrill and was part of my team ever since

2nd: Was a Gastly in Crystal. But since I played Crystal in a GBC PC rom, I never got get it to a Gengar...

3rd: Was a Makuhita in my Sapphire when I was trying to find a Nosepass in the Granite Cave. Evolved into a Hariyama, but the Battery of my Sapphire tape has been long dead.

4th: Was a Oddish when I played Ruby in a PC Rom. Evolved into a Vileplume and was party of my Team. Then in the same game I found a Shiny Torkoal a day after I caught Rayquaza.

5th: Was a Rattata in my LeafGreen. It was also one of my most memorable moments because it was the FIRST Rattata I ever saw in the game. It became a Raticate and was part of my team and I got it to level 100. Also found a Shiny Exeggcute in the Safari Zone while hunting for a Chansey. It almost game me a heart attack because the fact that I could of ran away, but I caught it after 5 mins of almost having a heart attack. I evolved it into a Exeggutor shortly after I caught it to see how it looks like. But the sad thing is, the battery on my LeafGreen just recently died and so did my Shiny Raticate and Exeggutor.

6th: Was a Cherubi in my Diamond. I found it while trying to hunt for a Munchlax. I evolved it into a Cherrim and traded it for a Shiny Aron which is now a scary Shiny Aggron.

7th: Was a Quagsire I just caught recently in my HeartGold when I was catching the Friday Laprass in the Union Cave. Also saw a Slowpoke in the Safari Zone. Almost gave me a heart attack as well, but unfortunately it ran away when I tried to catch it.

So every Main Game I've played I always seem to encounter at least 1 Random Shiny Pokemon and also so far only the recent Slowpoke was the only failure I had with Shiny Pokemon...

I find shiny Ho-oh. (Then my Typhlosion's Flamethrower goes critical and 2HKO's it)

^Dude, why didn't you just Masterball that one? Gutted bro

I've had two. First, when I was EV training for the first time I ran into a shiny Gastly in the Old Chateau in Pearl - caught with dusk ball :D

Second was a shiny Poochyena in Ruby. Unfortunately it was on the way to battle May for the first time so I had no Pokeballs as the Mart wasn't yet open :'(

I have met two legit shinys. The first one, however, I couldn't get.

It was diamond, a lovely sunny day, I start my game and go to the lake with my rival. Walk to the breifcase, choose Chimchar. Go into battle with starly. Music goes "Dum-Dem-Dum--Dung-PLING-dum-den-dum..." Wait a sec? PLING! NOOOOOOO! Can't :banghead: catch :banghead: on :banghead: first :banghead: battle :banghead: Why :banghead: not :banghead: after :banghead: I :banghead: have :banghead: Poké :banghead: Balls!

Shiny Abra in pokemon Gold about 4 years ago yeah I had NO poke balls only 1 master ball clone left,
Shiny Ho-oh on pokemon gold early 2009 and I RAN OUT OF GREAT BALLS AND THEN THE STUPID BIRD FREAKING HAS TO USE STRUGGLE!.. fail.. >O
Shiny Medicham.. about 2008, Machoke about..eeei 2009 don't remember
2009 I started a new game on diamond shiny Geodude at route 207 above oreburgh city, I didn't even have 1 gym badge yet. x)

None in my other games.. I mean
..Not even one in Pokemon EMERALD
it's emerald we're talking about here and not 1 shiny pokemon!
Oh you need a shiny pokemon for your secret ID so you can use the calculator to catch MORE shiny pokemon, stuff can I really be bothered LOOKING for ONE!?
REALLY??!!!!.. Um .. No

Last edited:

Recently I found a shiny Graveler in Victory Road on HeartGold.

The only random shiny pokemon I have are:

Roselia- The first shiny I caught. I was training in the Trophy Garden and a random shiny Roselia popped out. I was so happy because I never got one before. It had a Sassy nature and was caught on Diamond Version.

Lotad- The second shiny I caught. I was training my Treecko after restarting my Emerald file, and then it appeared in the big patch of grass near the lass with 2 Zigzagoons. It's nature was Adamant.

Snover- The most recent, and the last random shiny I caught. This one was on Platinum, and while I started chaining for a shiny Sneasel, when it got to about 5, a shiny Snover appeared and broke the chain. It's nature is Gentle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom