• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shiny Pokémon by Chance Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Random Shiny Pokemon Encounters

Shinies I've encountered randomly in order of appearance: Golbat in Cerulean Cave at lv46 on FR, now lv100 Crobat. lv3 HootHoot at the beginning of SS, 2 hours after I got my first shiny Johto starter. Buizel lv10 at Valley Windworks on Pt. Shinx lv3 at Rt. 204 on Pt.

I encountered my first ever random shiny just a second ago, a Weedle during the Bug Catching Contest. :D

One of the many reasons I regret my Silver Version's save battery dying is because as a result I lost my gold Pidgeot...

In terms of alternate colorations that I still have, I have two that are always shiny (the red Gyarados from Lake of Rage in SS and the distributed Pikachu-colored Pichu), a green Machoke that I found in Sinnoh Victory Road while level grinding to take on the E4, and a copper-ish Magneton that I ran into while exploring in Cerulean Cave in SS searching for items and Mewtwo.

Shiny Espeon in the Battle Tower of FireRed...fml

lickitung in diamond and bronzor in diamond. My friend, after playing only like 40 hours on his hg caught a shiny swinub, and it had an attack IV of 31!

I have quite a few shinys from chaining, but I have only ran into one randomly, a long time ago.
It was a voltorb in LeafGreen, I was sooo happy. I named it Shinetorb and now I kinda wish I didn't, but w/e. :p

i must have the worst luck since i've never encountered a shiny in any of my games. not even in Silver and Crystal and i really played those back then.

...do they lose shiny-ness if they evolve?...

nope - it'll stay shiny dude :)

i now carry a poliwrath with the "damp" ability as i would kick myself having a shiny geodude blow up on me!

All of the shinys I've found have been in random encounters. My Nidoqueen just outside of the DPPt starting town, rapidash the second day I had Diamond, and Makuhita in the RSE Victory Road. I think I'm forgetting one, though...

I encountered my first shiny 2 weeks ago on SS; a shiny golbat. I hated golbats, but Lhime grew on me after I caught her. She is now a shiny crobat :)

Pearl: Found a shiny diglett (now dugtrio) and gloom (now vileplume)
Emerald: Found a shiny spinda

Shortly after a month of SRing and finally getting my shiny Chikorita, I was walking on Rt. 32 on SS, and a Shiny Mareep appeared. It's funny, because I said to me friend, I want a shiny Mareep in a Heal Ball, and I have enevr found a shiny while I was with a friend, about 30 minutes later, he appeared and I caught him in a Heal Ball. He has a Bold nature, and Loves to Eat. Perfect for Ampharos.

In HeartGold, I was surfing to Cianwood, annoyed at the large amount of Tentacools. Then I found one that had green markings! Unfortunately, nobody I know envies me for my beautiful green Tentacool...

I encountered a Shiny Gloom while EV training my Shiny Giratina

My first shiny was some type of bird in emerald, since i cought multiple shinies. but the chances of see them is like 1 out of every 20 or something like that. which would be good if the chances of seeing the pokemon in the firsts place weren't 1 our of 15 xD

*think think think*

I think it was a Golem maybe instead? w/e

I know that i now have a shiny absol i love and feed every day ^_^

i remember i found a shiny voltorb in silver once. it was actually just after i caught the shiny gyarados. i was playing it on a normal game boy so i didnt find out it was shiny until about a month later when i played it on my friends gb color. (yes i was really old school.)

Lol out of all the pokemon, the latest shiny pokemon I encountered was a Magikarp, around February when I played Sapphire again. I made sure to evolve it and now I have a red Gyarados in gen 3 hahahh.

SHINY HOOTHOOT IN HG!!! XD

Edit: 300th post! ^^

In HeartGold, I was surfing to Cianwood, annoyed at the large amount of Tentacools. Then I found one that had green markings! Unfortunately, nobody I know envies me for my beautiful green Tentacool...

I envy your for your random shiny Tentacool. I love shiny Tentacool.

@Ambertwo: I found a shiny HOOTHOOT in SS!

The only shiny I've ever encountered was a Red Gyarados, and NOT the one at Red Lake. I was simply fishing and ran into a wild one. Kinda ticked me off because I already had one... SO I HORN DRILLED IT lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom