• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shiny Pokémon by Chance Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few days ago, I lucked out in the Johto Safari Zone with a shiny Electrike. It didn't ran away when the first Safari Ball failed!

Once I found a shiny Haunter and it Cursed to death.
Another time I found a shiny Budew at the Great Marsh and it fled.
I recently found a shiny Geodude and the damn thing selfdestructed.
The only successful shiny I've caught(without chaining) was a female Hippowdon in Pearl.

I swear that Bird Trainer on the Route between Blackthorn and Mahogany has a shiny Hoothoot.

I'm fairly lucky at getting shinies:
Shiny Tentacool and Tangela on Crystal
Shiny Pidgey :p and Diglet on FireRed
Goldeen on Diamond
Hoppip and Mewtwo (SR'd) on SoulSilver.

Unexpected Shinies

EDIT: Hey, look, a thread that actually fits, but I couldn't find it because the last post was months old. I suppose my thanks go out to whoever moved this post.

Just a few moments ago, going through the Great Marsh in Diamond Version, I came across yet another Pokémon. My attention was away from the game at the moment, but upon hearing the distinct "shiny" sound effect, I jerked my head back at the game to see what my second shiny Pokémon encounter was.
It was a Bidoof.
Bidoof, the Pokémon that somehow rose to near-Mudkip status as an internet meme, for reasons I have yet to fully understand. I suppose I should be glad it wasn't a Pidgey...

Last edited:
Re: Unexpected Shinies

Once I was searching for a mareep with a halfway decent nature during the main story.

"F, another rattata. Oh it's shiny, that's cool."

He eventually became my favorite HM slave ever.:cheers:

My only shiny is a Tentacruel. It was a Tentacool when I caught it in Ruby. I hate that line, because I see it so much. But I still like my shiny.

I was headbutting a tree in HG when I started thinking about shinies, and how it was probably time for one to show up. A few minutes later... shiny Wurmple! Caught it for sure.

I remember running into a shiny Whismur (now an Exploud) in my first playthrough of Sapphire yearssss back. Didn't really understand the concept of shinies, but caught it anyway because I thought it was cool how it sparkled when sent into battle, lol.

Then there's my shiny Wurmple (now a Dustox WRYYY NOT BEAUTIFLY, GAME), Volbeat, Meditite, and Ratatta (useful shinies, I know!). I also got two shiny Shinx and a Pichu via chaining, but that's chaining and not random encounters. Don't have as many shinies as most people, but still pretty damn proud.

I really want a shiny Sceptile. It looks like a ghost with the color choice, and I love that.

Rattata. GOLD RATTATA. TOP PERCENTAGE RATTATA!
1st and last natural shiny found during a nuzlocke run. It died :(

I am currently in an intense battle with a shiny Ponyta! I'm trying to catch it with a Luxury Ball, but its not going well. This will be my second shiny, not counting the event Pichu and the Lake of Rage Gyardos. My first was a Tentacool in Ruby.

My first shiny EVER was the Red Gyarados, soon after it, In the Ice cave to Blackthorn, I encountered a shiny Delibird, but didn't know that it was shiny because It was my first time seeing one, so I ran away, this was in Gen II. In Gen III, I found a shiny Phanpy in FireRed, and caught it, but it got deleted with the save file :( In Gen IV, I was Surfing and found a shiny Tentacool, gave it to my friend for her birthday, then while EV training, I caught a Shiny Bidoof... And while Chaining Shinx, my chain was broken because I forgot to use repel by a shiny shinx! (All in platinum), then in SS in the Safari Zone, I found a shiny Magnemite and thankfully caught it, along with the Red Gyarados.

I'm pretty sure this is going to sound really lame, but whatever... I'm almost 18 years old and I really don't want to get shit for playing Pokémon so if I see someone I know when I'm riding in the car, I put my DS down til they pass.

Today at a stop light, a girl was walking by. I put the game down, and as I do it moves me into a patch of grass. I had the sound off so I didn't hear anything and when I pick it up I'm in a battle with a Staravia at Valor Lakefront.

I see that it's not black, but for the life of me I couldn't remember if Staravia was black or brown. It's a level 26 and all my Pokémon are level 40+. I decide to toss an Ultra Ball and it breaks free. Then it uses Double Team and I throw another ball. That time it stays in and I go directly to Veilstone to check if it's shiny or not. It was, and it had Whirlwind as a move. I couldn't believe my luck.

The only shiny I've ever encountered myself was a Machop on FireRed. On a ROM. *slams head into desk* I haven't encountered not one since then. I have no luck at all with shinies.

I still manage to have a decent shiny collection because of my awesome friends though. So, eh.

I found a shiny hoot-hoot while frantically looking for a ledyba.

In my SS, i have:
a shiny Weavile,
a shiny Noctowl (stupid ash ><)
i know i have others but they're in my Platinum which i don't want to search through right now ><

I've just caught a Shiny Zapdos on my FireRed game by SRing. Dude I am SO happy. And I would've gone totally crazy if it weren't for the fact that it has a Jolly Nature... even though I had a Modest Natured Abra with Synchronize in front of my party :( (Jolly = -SpAtk :( +Spd :))

But it did remind how wonderful that Shiny *bling* sound is.

I'm pretty sure this is going to sound really lame, but whatever... I'm almost 18 years old and I really don't want to get shit for playing Pokémon so if I see someone I know when I'm riding in the car, I put my DS down til they pass.

Today at a stop light, a girl was walking by. I put the game down, and as I do it moves me into a patch of grass. I had the sound off so I didn't hear anything and when I pick it up I'm in a battle with a Staravia at Valor Lakefront.

I see that it's not black, but for the life of me I couldn't remember if Staravia was black or brown. It's a level 26 and all my Pokémon are level 40+. I decide to toss an Ultra Ball and it breaks free. Then it uses Double Team and I throw another ball. That time it stays in and I go directly to Veilstone to check if it's shiny or not. It was, and it had Whirlwind as a move. I couldn't believe my luck.
lol i love that awkward age where you care what people think! i'm 33 & i stand in the cafe full of big hairy builders playing pokemon & i never hide it from anyone - screw them! anyway nice one dude :)

I've just caught a Shiny Zapdos on my FireRed game by SRing. Dude I am SO happy. And I would've gone totally crazy if it weren't for the fact that it has a Jolly Nature... even though I had a Modest Natured Abra with Synchronize in front of my party :( (Jolly = -SpAtk :( +Spd :))

we've got a thread for SR'd shinies here dude: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=36233 (just saying as i love that thread & i don't wanna see it die! :p )

i'm feeling your pain with the nature dude - i got a shiny jolly latios (ugh) but i taught it zen headbutt / earthquake / waterfall / dragon dance (may swap zen headbutt for draco meteor) & gave it 252Spe/252Atk/4SpA so it may get some surprise KO's on PBR...

you could always use something like substitute / thunder wave / sky attack / toxic to stall people ~or~ drill peck / u-turn / charge beam / return for a gimmicky mixed set

Synchronize doesn't work outside of battle in FireRed and LeafGreen. Emerald and beyond only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom