• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shiny Pokémon by Soft Resetting

Status
Not open for further replies.
My next shiny target will either be Turtwig in Platinum or Mudkip in Emerald.
P.S. I just got shiny Cyndaquill after 222 soft resets.

Wooohooo! So this morning i got up and SR on my HeartGold for about 1-2 hours because i was trying to get a shiny Totodile... Well no Totodile, but i did get another shiny Cyndaquil. I'm not too disappointed though because this one is an Impish nature wich hinders Special Attack so i think i'll run a Physical attacking set on this one and Special on my other one.

But that's not even the best part! After i got the Cyndaquil i saved and popped in my Pearl version to SR for Turtwig. Anyone who has or is SRing on Pearl or Diamond knows it takes a while to SR for them so i picked up my GBA SP and my Leafgreen so i could dual SR. Well only a few SR's into it and a shiny Squirtle appears, Gentle nature with awesome IV's! I've finally completed my Generation 1 starters!

So 2 shinys within an hour of each other! Pretty sweet!

Sweet indeed.

I'm SRing for a shiny Porygon in my FireRed game, heard its blue and white instead of red and blue

i got my shiny palkia in pearl yesterday!!! :-D

relaxed (+Def/-Spe) nature though - it does have pretty good EV's in HP/Def/SpD so i'm thinking of a bulky set with Aqua Tail / Dragon Claw / Bulk Up / Trick Room maybe...

I really can't decide if I want to soft reset for a shiny Oshawott or not...I like it's normal form too. *shrug*
but anyway, good luck to others who are SRing~ and congrats shiny13uster!

Man, if I wasn't so excited about (finally) playing Black and White, I'd SR for all three starters. I'll be wanting a shiny Zoroark, though. I think purple suits it much better.

I definitely love Zorua's shiny colors! I'll have to breed for one eventually.

Doesn't L+R+Start+Select delete your game file?

No. It's like turning your DS/DSi/Gameboy off then on again, except you go straight to the game's starting screen.

Anyways, I'm currently SRing for a shiny Moltres in my SoulSilver. I'm about 54 SRs into it so far. After that, I'll SR an Articuno. But right now, I'm taking a break from SRing and just chaining some Starlies now.

i've been SRing on White since release for shiny Snivy... and Tepig every once in a while by accident =/ hopefully i get it soon so i don't have to start my game before i miss the victini event..

well done i cant do it (not enough patience) i try but allways fail:(

i'm currently SRing for a shiny snivy in white & a shiny oshawott in black - been doing it since release day...

usually i don't mind SRing as i have 3x DS systems in the house so i can SR on one at a leisurely pace & play another but i want to start actually playing black/white so i'm getting kinda frustrated

here's hoping one shows up soon!

I'm probably going to stop trying to SR for legendaries -- I've been trying to get a shiny legendary on my SS since May, and it hasn't happened, so I'll probably be done now. It was fun while it lasted.

whoa dude don't give up! these are the legends i've got so far:

Spr_5b_150_s.png
Spr_5b_245_s.png
Spr_5b_249_s.png
Spr_5b_250_s.png
Spr_5b_380_s.png
Spr_5b_381_s.png
Spr_5b_382_s.png
Spr_5b_484_s.png

dude you know you want your boxes to start building up a collection like that! :p

is it possible to get a shiny starter pokemon in the beginning of the game by soft resetting?

i've been SRing on White since release for shiny Snivy... and Tepig every once in a while by accident =/ hopefully i get it soon so i don't have to start my game before i miss the victini event..
how will you miss the victini event? just download the card now & collect it whenever you're ready dude

is it possible to get a shiny starter pokemon in the beginning of the game by soft resetting?
yes (which game are you SRing on?)

how will you miss the victini event? just download the card now & collect it whenever you're ready dude

yes (which game are you SRing on?)

oh, thanks! lol for some reason i just figured i would need the pokedex before i could download it..:bash:

You do need the pokedex, I think. One thing I was wondering was would you see an interactable pokemon as being shiny before you battle it, or do you have to battle it to tell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom