• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shiny Pokémon by Soft Resetting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I started SRing Tepig on Sunday. Its been 2 days and Inow have 255 SRs. I hope I get in a reasonable amount of time.

Tch its been a week for me, still going. Saw one shiny Tepig of for offer on GTS but he was a level 1 Thundurus for it :p

You do need the pokedex, I think. One thing I was wondering was would you see an interactable pokemon as being shiny before you battle it, or do you have to battle it to tell?

you have to battle it (except the starters in HG/SS they have shiny pics)

I finally found these theard after searching... 4 days ago I got a Shiny Virizion from soft reseting. I couldn`t caught it in a heal ball, But atleast I still have my master ball. Terraklion is next.

I've been playing pokemon since red and blue, and I have never found a catchable shiny. The only one was a shiny zigzagoon before I had pokeballs. Now I have decided to soft reset my fire red for a shiny moltres. So far im at 1100. This is frustrating

I tried soft resetting for Rayquaza in SS, but gave up after a week of no shiny. It really does take a lot of luck and patience.
I did that in HG and it showed up. It promptly knocked itself out after breaking out of a Heavy Ball at 12 HP while asleep. I'm currently trying to get it shiny with Emerald, so I can clone it. It's been a few days since I started, but I am determined.

i have never encounterd a shiny in all the pkmn games i've played (all of them) however i have goten pokerus in two

I tried to soft reset for a kyurem. I was wicked patient about but alas no avail. I tried soft reseting for three weeks trying about an hour or so each day. I remember some days I tried for a really long time (upwards of 4 or 5 hours) after three weeks though i decided to give up.

Sorry if this is a little off topic but no other forums are answering me!

Does anybody know if I can soft reset for the starter pokemon that the professor gives you? I really like cyndiquail and totodile but I don't have a DS which means I don't have HeartGold and SoulSilver which means I can only get the shinies I want in crystal!

And btw, I don't wanna breed it with a shiny ditto because I want a 1/8192 shiny and I don't have the correct games for the shiny ditto glitch.

Thanks a lot!

I tried resetting for a shiny Zapdos, but I got too bored.
I think I might give it another shot with Groudon and Rayquaza, though.

Sorry if this is a little off topic but no other forums are answering me!

Does anybody know if I can soft reset for the starter pokemon that the professor gives you? I really like cyndiquail and totodile but I don't have a DS which means I don't have HeartGold and SoulSilver which means I can only get the shinies I want in crystal!

And btw, I don't wanna breed it with a shiny ditto because I want a 1/8192 shiny and I don't have the correct games for the shiny ditto glitch.

Thanks a lot!
yes you can get a shiny starter just will take a while

Re: Shiny Pokemon by Soft Resetting

thats alot of patience i tried soft saving heatran but gave up after like 5 reset's

I wish i did this /\ when i was soft resetting to catch a shiny mewtwo, thats a year of my life i want back :/

Hi im wondering does the wild legenday appear shiny(Groudon in my case) when your standing next to him ? And is it just luck by soft reseting to get a shiny, because ive been doing it for about 2 days now and ive had no such luck. By the way this is for pokemon soul silver. Please help !

Forgot to say something but ive seen people say they get a shiny after 30 soft resets,and ive done around 1500. Can you still get a shiny by soft reseting if the first time youve approached the pokemon(in my case groudon).And if hes not a shiny the first time can groudon still appear as a shiny after you soft reset or does he have to be a shiny the first time you click on him ?

Last edited by a moderator:
save before you encounter it - if not shiny when you battle it SR & start again

Cool thx for your help. I have a shiny groudon now. Took me another 700 SR!

I'm working on a shiny Drifloon (By the Valley WIndworks, duh), even though I'm also on a Masuda mission

I've been SRing for a few days already on SS.
I'm trying for a shiny Cyndaquil, but with no success...

Sorry to change the subject but im having a problem setting up my wifi internet connection on my ds. I have a wireless router and its working but im not sure how to set it up on my ds could someone please help me?

I'm trying to SR for a shiny Virizion in White.

I think I started a few a weeks ago. No luck at all. :\

Yea all you need to do is keep soft reseting. Can some one help me with setting up my wifi connection on my ds ?

Is it possible to soft reset in Gen III? If it is, I might be trying to get a shiny Treecko and evolve it. And then, I transfer it to heartGold to replace my actual Sceptile (from Steven). After that, I'll SR (Soft Reset) for legendary Pokemon.

And I just found out. Turning off the DS/GBA after saving in front of a Pokemon (like Rayquaza) is like soft resetting. It's like this: I saved in front of a Volcarona in Black (before battling). If the current gender of the Volcarona should be Male, turning the DS off and opening it again would change the gender of the Volcarona (it could be Female, instead of being Male all the time).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom