• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shiny Pokémon by Soft Resetting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Shiny Pokemon by Soft Resetting

Um, you have to go enter the battle. There is no way to figure the shininess outside of battle (the Pokémon's personal values are randomized only after you start the battle). If it's not shiny, soft reset, rinse, repeat.

Okay, thanks!

I'm stuck in front of Origin Forme Giratina right now, sring like crazy. I'm not sure how long I've been doing this; I've lost track. Here's hoping I get lucky soon.

So, here's a question, since I'm dabbling here for the first time, soft resetting for a shiny Shaymin.

We all know of the RNG here, right? The thing that determines pretty much everything in the game. Including a shiny. From what I've read, the Seed that the RNG starts on whenever you turn on the game is determined partially by the minute amount in your game time when you press the A button to start the game up.

Of course, since this IS soft resetting, that minute amount never changes. So... What makes the Seed randomized to sometimes run into a shiny the instant you start a game?

Is it how long you wait to push the A button and start the game? In which case, should I try to vary that?

Or is it partially determined by the running of the DS's clock?

I just don't want to keep doing that, and continually hit the same Seed every time, and never run into a shiny. XD;

- Tyros

Hey, when I push the buttons to soft reset, it doesn't work. I end up just turning it off and on the normal way, but why isn't it working for L-R-Start-Select?

Can you do this on the DS? or are you talking about ds here??? I just wish everyone played platinum for the ds not netbattle or computer emulators

So, here's a question, since I'm dabbling here for the first time, soft resetting for a shiny Shaymin.

We all know of the RNG here, right? The thing that determines pretty much everything in the game. Including a shiny. From what I've read, the Seed that the RNG starts on whenever you turn on the game is determined partially by the minute amount in your game time when you press the A button to start the game up.

Of course, since this IS soft resetting, that minute amount never changes. So... What makes the Seed randomized to sometimes run into a shiny the instant you start a game?

Is it how long you wait to push the A button and start the game? In which case, should I try to vary that?

Or is it partially determined by the running of the DS's clock?

I just don't want to keep doing that, and continually hit the same Seed every time, and never run into a shiny. XD;

- Tyros
It's the time of the DS's clock when you start up your game, your total game time does not have any effect on it. Also, the seconds affect as well. And to that, a delay determined by the time it takes from you to get your save loaded will be added (I don't know what this means seed-wise, but it affects the outcome).

RNG abusing involves changing the DS's time to make it possible to advance the frame easily and get a desired result if you only hit the right delay. I'm, actually, RNGing the Shaymin. I should try to get the delay of 608 and load my game exactly when DS's clock is 09/29/2009, 23:58:50, and then advance the frame by 776.

I don't understand how some people are so 'lucky' with shinies without RNG'ing.

I've played a lot of pokemon over the past 5-6 years and never seen a shiny on my games before. I'm currently SRing for shiny Uxie which I hope to be my first shiny. Up to 680 SR's so far. I'm not moving anywhere on my Pearl until I see shiny Uxie, and hopefully I will catch it, if I don't I'll probably rage so much.

Though I'm getting really irritated at the moment, I've never seen a shiny before, maybe I can't see one at all even by soft resetting. By the way I'm not a fan of RNG abusing for shinies.

I don't understand how some people are so 'lucky' with shinies without RNG'ing.

I've played a lot of pokemon over the past 5-6 years and never seen a shiny on my games before. I'm currently SRing for shiny Uxie which I hope to be my first shiny. Up to 680 SR's so far. I'm not moving anywhere on my Pearl until I see shiny Uxie, and hopefully I will catch it, if I don't I'll probably rage so much.

Though I'm getting really irritated at the moment, I've never seen a shiny before, maybe I can't see one at all even by soft resetting. By the way I'm not a fan of RNG abusing for shinies.

I don't get the RNG method, so shinies I run across really are random (except when I use the PokeRadar to get them). I have gotten 2 shiny Pokemon by SR'ing, a Drifloon and a Regigigas. It took me about 2 days to get the Drifloon and about 4 for Regigigas. It is possible, but it just takes time. When I was going for those two, that's all I did in my game until I got them. It just takes patience and persistence. Good luck with your Uxie!

Just finished soft reseting for a shiny rayquaza in my emerald. It took 3 days of resesting, but it finally paid off
plus it is adamant.

trying ofr an azelf and maybe another rare pokemon i like in shiny form
(my shinies are only from trades or random encounters)

ok...what the heck is hard resetting then? throwing your game across the room, then rebuilding the ds from scratch?

ok...what the heck is hard resetting then? throwing your game across the room, then rebuilding the ds from scratch?

this made me lol

Lately Ive been using the foreign pokemone breeding method (dont know what its called) to get myself a shiny staryu (they look cool)
Ive filled up two boxes... no luck yet... but man, that is some really boring crap to do!

Saddily Ive already caught all the legends in Diamond, except Cresslia, and Mespirit (will be transfering over a masterball cause Im too lazy to try anything else.) a shiny cresslia would be cool. :D

That's when you turn the DS off, then on again. I used to do that until I learned about the soft reset button combination(s).

Darn! I missed out on this! The only legend left to try this on is... none other than the mighty ARCEUS!! And I have I masterball I won in the lotto that I can catch it with.

does this work with all legendaries tho?

No, only those that you catch yourself. Event Pokémon like Jirachi can't be SR'd.

I am currently SR'ing for a shiny Uxie. 1000 resets at the moment.

For legendaries with an overworld sprite, would the overworld sprite be shiny if the legendary itself was shiny?

For legendaries with an overworld sprite, would the overworld sprite be shiny if the legendary itself was shiny?

No. You have to actually go into battle with it before you will see if it's shiny or not. It would be too easy otherwise. It is possible to do so, it just takes a long time. It took me about 4 days to do this with Regigigas...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom