• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shiny Pokémon by Soft Resetting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm SRing for shiny rayquaza, I've done about 300 now, am I doing something wrong?

It took me almost 800 to get my cyndaquil. I think it's the same odds for every pokemon, right? You're probably doing it right, it just takes a while.

When do you soft reset? Is it right as the wild battle starts? Oh, and is it at all dangerous to the game, or can it damage it at all?

Last edited:
When do you soft reset? Is it right as the wild battle starts? Oh, and is it at all dangerous to the game, or can it damage it at all?

For the stationary legendaries (the ones that just stand there 'til you go "talk" to them), you just save the game when you're standing in front of them. That way you can keep battling them 'til you get a shiny one.

wow congradulations to everyone who got a shiny, i got myself a Cyndquil. It took 417 SRs and i restarted the file after every 100, and i was looking for either Cyndaquil or Totodile. However now im haveing trouble with Lugia in SS, it just wont seem to shine and now ive lost count of my SRS( its somewhere over 3200). I just want to get it already i feel like all i do is SR.

Im also currently working on Treecko in my Japanese Emerald, but it isnt going well with the broken RNG. i cant tell you how many files ive been through already. Some people believe if you get a File whose ID numbers have a bunc of 3's in thwm you will get alot of shinies, because they have early shiny frames, ive only gotten 1 file with a 3 at the end and it didnt work, so i dont think your Trainer ID has anything to do with it. Im debating whether or not to move the hunt to my japanese Sapphire instead. However if im proven wrong and the thing about the IDs is true then great.

I also just finished my English Sapphire. I beat the elite 4 and Steven, and was going to go after Latias, when i suddenly remembered that Steven gives you a Beldum after you beat him, so I flew to Mossdeep and went to his house, where im SRing for a Shiny Beldum, hopefully i get this one early cause i got other things to SR as well, such as Lileep, Rayquaza and im gonna scan in my Eon Ticket from Ebay and go get myself a Latios too.

Just a question - for future reference.

When SRing for a shiny legendary (the kind that you walk up to and battle) CAN you save in front of them and still have a chance of them being shiny? I'm confused, because if they WERE shiny, wouldn't the sprite be, too? Sorry, just wondering.

Just a question - for future reference.

When SRing for a shiny legendary (the kind that you walk up to and battle) CAN you save in front of them and still have a chance of them being shiny? I'm confused, because if they WERE shiny, wouldn't the sprite be, too? Sorry, just wondering.

the sprite won't be shiny when you walk up to it (even though it will be shiny when you walk around with it after) the shininess is generated as soon as you hit "A" to battle it

It's ridiculous for one to soft reset for a shiny Pokemon. It's not worth the effort at all, for me at least.

legends are so common now i like the exclusivity of shiny legends so to me it's worth it - i played well over 999.59 hours on diamond & on platinum so it's made HGSS last longer for me (i still haven't completed HG)

each to their own but i'm perplexed as to why you'd bother posting in this thread with an attempt to belittle us - a far more ridiculous waste of time if you ask me...

Once I Pwn Red, I'm gonna reset for a Groudon. Once I get a HG Kyogre, I will reset for a Rayquaza. :O

I would like a shiny pokemon but I don't know which one to get, my games are heartgold and leafgreen, which pokemon should I try to get a shiny of?

Started a new game in Heartgold a few weeks back, 3 days into soft reseting I saw cyndquil's red back, been gravy ever since

Working on my first SR shiny! A drifloon in Diamond! I hope I don't get discouraged :D

Since nobody answered my question, I'll ask it again, hope I didn't break a rule...

Is it possible to soft-reset on a GBC?

Thank you! Finally, Shiny Cyndaquil will be mine!

I just got my Japanese shiny Treecko. Im glad its finally over it took me many files but i finally got one with an early shiny frame. I got it about 144 SRs into the file. He's careful natured, and I named him Geico but i'll probably change his name. I hope this means i'll get other shinies too. Im still hoping for my Lugia, its got to show up soon.

Hell, its not gonna show up. Since im getting my black and white probaly on monday, im going to stop SRing for Lugia then so i can focus on the new game, including SRing for a shiny Tsutaja

Last edited:
I was pretty lucky on my Soulsilver, found a shiny pidgey less than half an hour into the game. It has now evolved into a Golden Pidgeot. No luck after that but am currently soft resetting for a shiny Groudon, been trying for 2 weeks.

Bought a used copy of soul silver today, gonna SR for a shiny starter before I start it, reset for a good trainer ID so let us hope it doesn't take too long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom