• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shiny Pokémon by Soft Resetting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a shiny female Chikorita from Prof Elm in HG I calld her Goldilocks :-D

i'm still SRing HG & SS for the lati@s - to be called Tangerine & Lime when caught (poor things!)

here's hoping my Timid synchroniser works...

I haven't posted on the forums for a while...

I am still SRing for a shiny Lapras, a project that I have been engaged in since May. I was off and on for a bit due to school, graduation and work, but now I am more active in trying to do it. I am not SRing for 12 hours at a time like I had been and I am not doing it every day, but I am still trying, and that is the important thing. In fact, this SRing is pretty much the only thing I have been doing on my SoulSilver since May.

And it's true that the only thing that is keeping me going is the thought that the next Lapras I see could be that elusive shiny, even some hundreds of thousands of resets later.

I haven't posted on the forums for a while...

I am still SRing for a shiny Lapras, a project that I have been engaged in since May. I was off and on for a bit due to school, graduation and work, but now I am more active in trying to do it. I am not SRing for 12 hours at a time like I had been and I am not doing it every day, but I am still trying, and that is the important thing. In fact, this SRing is pretty much the only thing I have been doing on my SoulSilver since May.

And it's true that the only thing that is keeping me going is the thought that the next Lapras I see could be that elusive shiny, even some hundreds of thousands of resets later.

good luck dude it'll be worth it in the end!

make sure you have a synchroniser at the front of your party - when you do get a shiny lapras you may as well go for the 50% chance of a good nature

I'm new to certain terms and actions so can someone explain how soft resetting is different from just turning it off and then back on?

Okay guys, wish me luck! I'm sr-ing for a shiny sudowoodo. I'm not keeping count this time, lol. This game is going to take forever - is anying else planning on trying to get each legendary/sprite encounter pokemon shiny? Please tell me I'm not the only one. (Friends are starting to tell me I have no life.)

I got so frustrated with resetting on my Pearl for a shiny Eevee that I just took the lamest route possible: Not even getting one unlike I did my Totodile on Emerald.

And as to the Totodile, I only got it because it was the first female one in sight, to breed Totodiles with good movesets, of course. Its stats suck, though, so I regret being so rash a bit (but believe me, it took an assload of tries for me to get fed up there).

currently SRing for a shiny regirock in platinum...
Used to know someone with a copy of each of the 3 shiny Regis. Says it took him a full month or so, lol. :D

But good luck anyway.

Okay guys, wish me luck! I'm sr-ing for a shiny sudowoodo. I'm not keeping count this time, lol. This game is going to take forever - is anying else planning on trying to get each legendary/sprite encounter pokemon shiny? Please tell me I'm not the only one. (Friends are starting to tell me I have no life.)

i now SR for every legend (except the roamers) but keep in mind that SR'd legends count as "random encounters" so it's easy enough to RNG the others

Used to know someone with a copy of each of the 3 shiny Regis. Says it took him a full month or so, lol. :D

But good luck anyway.

the golems are on hold now until i've done lati@s on HGSS... then kyogre & groudon (then rayquaza) then the birds - they're far more important!

I've been SR'ing SS for a starter since it came out. I SR about 500 times a day. I have the absolute worst luck. EVAR! :bash:

I've been SRing for a shiny Giratina for a few days. I'm currently at 1156 SRs and still no luck. I have a question if anyone could answer I'd appreciate it. Every other day the journal pops up when I load the game in Platinum, and this gets really annoying when SRing, so I create a new save cause it's the only way to make the journal entries go away. Does creating a new save hurt my chances of finding the shiny? Like is there an SR count that gets reset?

The chances of finding a shiny are the same every time unless you abuse RNG or take the Action Replay route (or the Pokeradar, from what I gather).

The chances of finding a shiny are the same every time unless you abuse RNG or take the Action Replay route (or the Pokeradar, from what I gather).
Ok, thanks. That's what I thought, but just wanted to make sure I wasn't hurting my chances by creating new saves every other day.

I've been SR'ing SS for a starter since it came out. I SR about 500 times a day. I have the absolute worst luck. EVAR! :bash:

oh man i got 4 in about a week... please tell me you're scrolling through all 3 to see if the others are shiny!

anyway my shiny latios eventually appeared! :) jolly natured... :-( ...but with high Atk/SpA/Spe IV's :) (i may be able to make a gimmicky mixed set)

now for latias

OMG! I finally got my Shiny Latios in my Heartgold version after 2 and a half weeks of soft resetting. It has a gentle nature!!!!!!!
I am so happy right now! :D And now.... back to the hunt for the shiny charmander.

I'm trying for a shiny Charmander in SoulSilver. I've been trying for about three days and its driving me nuts. I just want a shiny Charmander! :(

Uhm... what's chaining? Yes I am that unaware. Also do shinys do anything differently to regulars? Or are they just prettier.

Last edited:
I'm trying for a shiny Charmander in SoulSilver. I've been trying for about three days and its driving me nuts. I just want a shiny Charmander! :(

Its faster than hatching Masuda made eggs lol

I'm SRing for a shiny Cyndaquil in Soulsilver, I've only seen Chika and Toto's shiny sprites

I began SRing for a shiny Kyurem in Pokémon Black.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom