• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shiny Pokémon by Soft Resetting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turning the GBA/DS off and switching it back on is indeed more or less the same as a soft reset; only, they're called hard resets, which is basically what I do to clone stuff on Emerald because accidentally pressing the A by itself = not good.

I tried soft-resetting for a shiny Volcarona for around 2,500 times and it was always regular. Then I screwed it.
I prefer MM and double grass RE's.

So far i did 2 soft resets: my 1st successful sr was the wi fi event latias i got for my SS, i didn't catch it when i got the event so i could sr for it someday, after 1 week of soft reseting it i got it on March 21st, same day as beggining of autumn here in Argentina, i nicknamed her Light Wing.
The 2nd sr had to be the johto starter so after getting my shiny latias i moved all my SS pokemon to my Platinum and restarted SS cause i knew that was the easiest sr of all but still for some unlucky reason i got it after 2 weeks and half lol but got a shiny cyndaquil which is now a shiny typhlosion named Hotwheel.

Is it possible to soft reset in Gen III? If it is, I might be trying to get a shiny Treecko and evolve it. And then, I transfer it to heartGold to replace my actual Sceptile (from Steven). After that, I'll SR (Soft Reset) for legendary Pokemon.

And I just found out. Turning off the DS/GBA after saving in front of a Pokemon (like Rayquaza) is like soft resetting. It's like this: I saved in front of a Volcarona in Black (before battling). If the current gender of the Volcarona should be Male, turning the DS off and opening it again would change the gender of the Volcarona (it could be Female, instead of being Male all the time).

Yes it's possible to sr in 3rd gen as well, i know someone who got a shiny torchic, also someone who got shiny treecko. I also want shiny treecko and sometimes i'm doing that sr as well. Good luck getting it too =)

Last edited by a moderator:
not sure if I messed up but went to soft reset in my diamond and nothing happened. Was it not in the games at that point or something? When I do it in white it works but nothing happens in diamond.

If you're doing it right, I don't see how it could not be working on one game...are you sure you're hitting the right buttons?

I just completed my first successful SR, on only my second day of SRing on Soulsilve, I am the proud owner of a shiny Cyndaquil! :D Now I shall play through the game again and see if I can get a few other shinies in it.
Still SRing on Diamond for a Drifloon on week 3.

I've been thinking, if I should try to soft reset for a Dialga. The shiny is so pretty and I really want my first shiny in a Pokémon game (if red Gyarados is not counted to be the first xD) to be a legendary. I'd also want a shiny Chikorita on my HeartGold, but I'm an impatient person. But I'll try it anyway.
Shiny Drifloon is so pretty too :3

I've been thinking, if I should try to soft reset for a Dialga. The shiny is so pretty and I really want my first shiny in a Pokémon game (if red Gyarados is not counted to be the first xD) to be a legendary. I'd also want a shiny Chikorita on my HeartGold, but I'm an impatient person. But I'll try it anyway.
Shiny Drifloon is so pretty too :3

I'm also a super impatient person so being able to SR for anything was a huge accomplishment for me!! Trust me, it is so worth it to see the sparkles :)

I think I might start SR'ing for a shiny Zen Mode Darmanitan, If that's possible.

I heard that there was this one person who used like 5 DS's to soft reset a shiny Ho-oh.

Maybe it was Abenzio499, he used 2 DS lites and 3 GBA SPs to get his shiny Ho-Oh

Hey, how do you guys get a count of your resets? I usually just estimate by how many hours I do it. I did 8 hours for my charmander (which turned out to have 2 perfect IV's and a mild nature! HELL YES!) and I traveled out to SR for Articuno and almost wet myself when I didn't have to reset a single time for it but it had horrible IV's and a poor nature. Oh well, can't win em all! I'm currently resetting for Rayquaza, Evee, and Aerodactyl!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom