• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shiny Pokemon That Look Exactly Like Their Normal Counterparts

@Magmar: Well, you can of course see the difference when you see both the normal and shiny sprite side by side, but if you only see like the shiny sprite in the game, you'd most likely not notice if it weren't for those special glittering animations that the pokemon would be surrounded by.

Chincou's are annoying, you can only tell if there shiny via there glow.

1. It's their in that sentence, not there.

2. They're also a different shade of blue easily noticeable unless you are color-blind. Unlike the difference between Garchomp which is difficult to notice even for those with perfectly fine vision.

Actually, I believe it's "they're", but why even bother correcting people's English on a Pokemon fansite?

Zapdos is really bad:

Spr_4d_145.png

Spr_4d_145_s.png

Quite? You mean Major

How can you not know the difference

Blissey's shiny is lighter. And I doubt you can't tell the difference between shiny and non shiny Snover

Shiny's lighter

why so crude i didnt say i couldnt tell i just said not much better jeeze some people are so serious

Actually, I believe it's "they're", but why even bother correcting people's English on a Pokemon fansite?

Actually, it's both. He misused "there" twice. I didn't catch the first one at first, due to my dyslexia.

He said "Chincou's are annoying, you can only tell if there shiny via there glow."

"You can only tell if they're shiny via their glow." is the correct way to word that sentence.

Suicune is meh.

245.png

Lighter hairshit on his back, oooh. :|

Last edited:
Honestly everyone in the thread? Honestly?

I have to be the one that talks about Gastrodon?

They just make them look lighter, which is dumb :/ They could have had so much fun with those shinies. How about West Sea turns Green? East turns Purple? Other things like that.

All in all, as much as I like the designs of the Sinnoh generation Pokémon, a lot of them have painfully bad shinies. On the flip side, I think the Hoenn shinies are fairly cool.

Pikachu cough ooo Zapdos and Articuno are pretty bad, just to say some of the shiny pokemon are kind of a poor effort, they just look brighter or darker

I think mantine is another example, take a look:
226_mantine_1_m.png

And now look at this:
226_mantine_1_m.png

Which one is shiny? They have different shades but you cant really tell the difference unless side by side...
I also think zapdos is a bad one, too.

I was cathing some random wild Bidoofs for trading in my Diamond and I ran into shiny Bidoof. I didn't recognize its difference, until I was trading it away. I was like "Wait a minute... that Bidoof looks a little bit different for those others..!" Of course it's easy to say, which one of my Bidoof was shiny, when you look those normal and shiny forms side by side in the internet, but it's a little different in games.

Also Burmy-line haven't the most thrilling shiny forms...

Avrig--Did you end up trading it away, then? That sucks... random encounter shinies are always rewarding to have, for me.

Xatu isn't much different:
178.png
178-3.png

Actually, it's both. He misused "there" twice. I didn't catch the first one at first, due to my dyslexia.

He said "Chincou's are annoying, you can only tell if there shiny via there glow."

"You can only tell if they're shiny via their glow." is the correct way to word that sentence.

Technically there's a third grammatical error. He said Chinchou's. Except one does not add a suffix when referring to multiple Pokemon, it's like sheep or moose. Anyway, that was my mega nerd moment of the day.

Yeah I found that often annoying. Look at Zigazoon (Sorry forgot to how to spell lol) they look almost alike. And I could not tell which Garchomp was which in the first post. Regice isn't that noticeable, if the person with the Regice didn't mention in their sig it was shiny I wouldn't have noticed it.

I guess they just couldn't think of good shiny counterpart so they thought making it darker would be better. Now I love Umbreon, I got a Shiny verison of it and like it too but.. the only thing that changes is the rings and the eyes, they could have made it I dunno perhaps white as in counter to Umbreon's dark type, they could have made Absol black as well now thinking of it.
Also about making Scyther shiny verison red I actually made a sprite with one that was red.

I think they should've made shiny Golduck gold.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom