• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shiny Pokemon That Look Exactly Like Their Normal Counterparts

I believe that because they have made so many different pokemon with so many different colours and variations they seem to put in more effort on a select few like the shiny charizard and rayquaza. As for the rest like the common Graveler and the weaker species they seem to get lazy and blob them with one ugly colour.

If you notice that Onix, Steelix, Graveler, Golem and others all seem to have an orange to golden splash of colour. And that's why I think they have only changed shiny colours slightly in some pokemon (garchomp, Zapdos etc). They seem to look like rush jobs if you ask me.

Palkia dosen't look much different, just redder.

Spr_4p_484.png

Spr_4p_484_s.png

Spr_5b_412.png
Spr_5b_412_s.png

I love Shiny Mothim. Finding it is really tough, as I have to check which one is which all the time, and I have a chance to hatch a stupid Wormadam (Whose colors are almost the same as her shiny, too). >_<

Ya I don't understand why they have some be so similar. I think Feebas is pretty close but can't quite remember. Shinies should definatly be something you see and go Wow! for example I think a shiny caterpie looks wicked cool! and rayquaza looks amazing.

Hmm.. Let's see: Togepi, Glaceon, Leafeon, Xatu, Blissey etc.

I could go on forever.

I was a little disapointed to eevee's leafeon's and glaceon's shiny form. They look just a bit brighter than the original...

I'd have to say that Vullaby and Mandibuzz also are pretty hard to tell apart:

shiny:
629.png
normal:
629.png

shiny:
630.png
normal:
630.png

It's only a darker shade of pink and the wings are gray on the normal but it's a pretty hard one to notice if you weren't paying attention.

I dunno about Vullaby and Mandibuzz. The tuft of feathers at the base of the neck are pretty obviously a different color.

The only one I really can't see the difference between is Garchomp. I wonder if they did that on purpose.

Reshiram and Zekrom. Changing eye color doesn't make them shiny...

Shiny Garchomp and normal Garchomp look way too similar. I remember getting mad at someone who traded me a Shiny Garchomp once. It looked like a normal one, and I was about to report them until I saw that the Shiny variations look a lot like the normal variations. It was my own fault for not doing the research, but I wish there was more contrast between the two sprites.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom