• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shiny Pokémon via Masuda method

Status
Not open for further replies.
So since my question is more related to the masuda method i hope its ok that i ask here.....

So i have hatched 15 boxes of druddigon in a row plus about 200 before i started counting via depositing into boxes so if i left to go and train does it reset my odds persay or is it just every egg i get i have a 1/1600 (or whatever the # in gen 5 games is) chance of the shiny?

Thanks!

i know in gen 4 the PRNG gives a 1/8192 for normal shinies 4/8192 for masuda shinies & the chances are the same regardless of what you do in your game

assuming the PRNG works similar in gen 5 (safe assumption as it would be broken if it didn't) you get a 1/8192 normal shiny chance or a 6/8192 masuda shiny chance & it should be regardless of what you do in your game

short answer: every egg has an equal 6/8192 chance of being shiny

Going to start a shiny Charmander hunt, now that I've got my hands on a Japanese one.

Wanted a shiny Charizard for a long long time.

i have a question everyone. my friend just got an english ditto and a japanese charmander. when her japanese charmander evolved, its name turned from japanese to english letters.
so, will it still be possible for these two to breed a shiny?

Hey i was just wondering if it mattered if the foreign ditto was cloned? Thanks and to the guy above me it should not matter

i have a question everyone. my friend just got an english ditto and a japanese charmander. when her japanese charmander evolved, its name turned from japanese to english letters.
so, will it still be possible for these two to breed a shiny?

Yes its still a japanese pokemon.

hey i going for shiny vulpix so far ive got roughly 2000 eggs hatched :p im a littled aggitated but im pretty much un-diagnosed ADHD so i keep myself occupied while doing this. Still going strong! good luck to everyon else! :D

Wow, never tried this before and I'm definetley going to give it a shot!

Thanks for posting this!

I started to trying this method with breeding Eevee. After 43 eggs no shinies so far and I bet with my luck I have to make over thousand eggs before I get a shiny one. But I'll give it a try because this sounds so very easy mehod to breed shinies.

I've never tried the Masuda Method.
But with Black and White on my hands (allegedly, now the Shiny rate is 6x instead of 4, and the Everstone still works) and some extra time on my hands from Spring Break, I'm gonna try it out.

I have a question. If the above is true (about the Everstone working with the Masuda Method in Generation V) what about the Power items? (i.e. Power Lens) Will they work too?

I dont see y not

and the above IS true, i gave my vulpix an everstone just now and 3/5 vulpi had modest as their nature

Last edited:
currently using MM to get a shiny charmander so far on my 137th hatch and so far nothing but I won't give up :ksmile:

hey guys which do u think is faster? hatching on route 3 (right outside daycare)and whenever one hatches put it box OR get five eggs and hatch them all on skyarrow bridge. (im already using a pokemon w/flamebody)

hey guys which do u think is faster? hatching on route 3 (right outside daycare)and whenever one hatches put it box OR get five eggs and hatch them all on skyarrow bridge. (im already using a pokemon w/flamebody)

I hatch on route 3 with 5 eggs and once they hatch I just put them in the box and pick up more eggs from the day care man. p.s. that's a cool cyndaquil pic

It's faster to hatch an egg, place it in a box and grab a new one from the daycare man. That way you have a steady stream of eggs hatching.

Also, I'm working on hatching a shiny Dratini via MM. I'm 160 eggs in.

thx deoxys and sao. and also I think i know the reason y ive hatched 2000+ eggs and no shiny. a false foreign. a hacked pokemon that looks like it came from another language group.(I hade my friend w/an AR check and it was.) so i got a new one from spain.

I tried for a while with a Charmander, but I got bored and stopped. Maybe I'll try again sometime.

thx deoxys and sao. and also I think i know the reason y ive hatched 2000+ eggs and no shiny. a false foreign. a hacked pokemon that looks like it came from another language group.(I hade my friend w/an AR check and it was.) so i got a new one from spain.

wow that's crazy goodluck on that shiny still no luck for me after 330 hatches but i'm still going strong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom