• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shiny Pokémon via Masuda method

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, doesn't change anything. Similar to the Mew truck thing, as it didn't work.

Then, you're saying all shiny manaphys are not legit? I checked bulbapedia and it said it's ALMOST impossible to get a shiny manaphy. Oh well, I gave up on the manaphy egg anyway.

mph...doing this in gen v with a japanese vaporeon and a different water type. I save in front of the man and hatch the egg, if its not shiny, I reset. I think you guys are wasting pc space...unless I'm doing it wrong. It sort of doing two different methods...not that it increases your chances(I guess.) at the 11th egg..:look:

shiny durant 57 resets, looking for shiny kyurem, and now shiny eevee to glaceon. I love its irridecent white fur.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just release all the extras or offer them to people. I actually just hatched a shiny Eevee for a forum member yesterday. Took about 200 eggs. Definitely my fastest Masuda thus far.

not sure if has been already posted but i didn't look through all the pages masuda method more effective in BW with 1/1366 chance, 6 times more than the normal 1/8192.

Then, you're saying all shiny manaphys are not legit? I checked bulbapedia and it said it's ALMOST impossible to get a shiny manaphy. Oh well, I gave up on the manaphy egg anyway.

I'd say some of them are legit, but the method that you have is not guaranteed to get you a shiny manaphy any more than catching it regularly.

True, but you can add egg moves and the foreign pokemon you trade for has a better chance of having good stats.

You can add egg moves when using a foreign Ditto, though.

Breed a male of the pokemon you want, with the egg moves you want, and put it in the daycare with the foreign Ditto (unless it's a female-only species, obviously). It's common sense, really.

A foreign Ditto is far better than having to go on the GTS trying to trade for each foreign pokemon you will need.

And why does the foreign pokemon have a better chance of having good stats? :s

Because it has a higher chance of being IV bred leftovers. Ditto can't be bred to have good stats, you have to either do it via trial-and-error or RNG. So they're less likely to appear on the GTS.

Because it has a higher chance of being IV bred leftovers. Ditto can't be bred to have good stats, you have to either do it via trial-and-error or RNG. So they're less likely to appear on the GTS.

lol dude it's pretty easy to get a (legit btw) flawless ditto on the trade forums - a lot easier than getting 200-300 good parents!

I got a shiny Turtwig today after many days of work.

It takes patience...

Getting frustrated. After 3 weeks no Emonga. Will it eventually happen no matter what?

Listen guys, i just heard something:

If you started MM, hatched a few eggs, save the game then turn the DS off, the chances of getting the shiny will reset. Is this true? Pls. reply ASAp.

I've just started to get myself a shiny trapinch.

Another thing, (I might be ignorant) if I release the trapinches, will the chances of getting a shiny decrease?

I don't believe that's true at all. It's a random chance and nothing will improve or decrease that chance other than one foreign parent. I finally got my first MM shiny pokemon on my 206th egg, after about 4 days of on-and-off breeding, and I hatched far more eggs the day before I got my shiny than I did the day I got the shiny. I wouldn't worry about it. :) And releasing your spares has absolutely nothing to do with your future shiny; the game's already calculated the information for them and now it doesn't care about them anymore. XD

So, yeah! I finally got my first legit shiny that I hatched/caught, and it feels awesome. >w< It's a shiny Cleffa and even though it's kind of funny looking, I love it to death. I'm really glad the chances of a shiny were increased for this gen. My patience is limited unless it's a Pokemon I really want or it hatches fast. e_e

Even though the chances are much higher, there is still a small chance of getting a shiny via the Masuda method

okay trying this for the first time, japanise ditto and my dratini (england)
no action replay, so no fast hatch :| doing this the old fashioned way ;) done about 20 eggs, so will let you know how long it takes haha :|

Trying to hatch a shiny Feebas. Over 250 eggs and no luck so far. :bawl:

I'm trying for a shiny eevee. I'm at 77 eggs right now.

Me too :party: only I am at about 10-12 eggs and right now I'm more focused on getting a female, because ALL were male, and it's weird because when I hatched 3 Combee eggs, 2 were female, and the majority of the 20 Gibles I hatched were females too.

By the way, does anyone have a legit Japaneese pokemon, preferably ditto?

Edit: Sometime around 25+ eggs now and I finally have 3 Eevee females :D

Last edited:
Me too :party: only I am at about 10-12 eggs and right now I'm more focused on getting a female, because ALL were male, and it's weird because when I hatched 3 Combee eggs, 2 were female, and the majority of the 20 Gibles I hatched were females too.

By the way, does anyone have a legit Japaneese pokemon, preferably ditto?

I gave up on hatching for shiny eevees since they take too long to hatch. I learned how to chain with pokeradar and I got 5 shinies all in 2 hours(My first time to chain too).

I'll be able to provide my own foreign pokemon soon. North American and South Korean. ROK Ditto for the win!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom