• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shiny Pokémon via Masuda method

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, does anyone have a legit Japaneese pokemon, preferably ditto?

I can provide, im probably never gonna try the method agian, i got really dissapointed from my last failure, in fact i havent played pokemon for a couple weeks now :disgust:

Uggabugga, just needed additional options to appear

This may sound stupid, but will it work with two species of different evolutionary lines in the same egg group, (of course one being foreign)?

Last edited:
This may sound stupid, but will it work with two species of different evolutionary lines in the same egg group, (of course one being foreign)?

As long as they're from different countries, yes it will.

Shiny Beldum hatched last night with "relatively superior stats". This was my 3rd and strongest (torchic and eevee came before) shiny via Masuda Method. I'd estimate this one took betwen 800-1000 eggs. I didn't keep as close a tab on the numbers this time.

Gligar, Litwick and possibly Charmander and Axew are next on my list to go for shiny. I may also try and breed a stronger shiny Torchic.

Shiny Beldum hatched last night with "relatively superior stats". This was my 3rd and strongest (torchic and eevee came before) shiny via Masuda Method. I'd estimate this one took betwen 800-1000 eggs. I didn't keep as close a tab on the numbers this time.

Gligar, Litwick and possibly Charmander and Axew are next on my list to go for shiny. I may also try and breed a stronger shiny Torchic.

Lucky. The first shiny permanently owned by me (as in not temporary for Pokedex registration purposes) that while from Gen IV has been seen only in Generation V was a Slugma-Magcargo that I got from a friend while he let me breed his Emboar to trade his hatched Tepig to me. I traded for the Slugma with a Brave Bird-knowing Zubat. I've been very unsure whether to Pokétransfer my non Beast Shinies to Generation V

Last edited:
Well GenV has a higher chance of hatching a shiny via this method iirc, so I may just be more nuts than lucky :p

The grind may kinda stink, but seeing your target shiny hatch is really awesome and a big motivator to do more.

Well GenV has a higher chance of hatching a shiny via this method iirc, so I may just be more nuts than lucky :p

The grind may kinda stink, but seeing your target shiny hatch is really awesome and a big motivator to do more.

I caught three Mt. Silver Shinies in two months. Two of them were days apart

Now that is something I have never done. I've never even seen a wild shiny save the one everyone sees.

Now that is something I have never done. I've never even seen a wild shiny save the one everyone sees.

I swear, I wasn't cheating. For my Onix (now Steelix), I was going up to face Red to finish training my Milotic that was traded to me as Feebas, too level 100.

Hey people get lucky all the time. I have just been much more fortunate via MM breeding. Now I'm just trying to decide which shiny to breed for once my Beldum becomes Metagross.

well the day my car caught fire with me in it (managed to get out just in time) i eventually hatched a shiny deino - named it after my old number plate...

mild natured (+SpA/-Def) currently at level 90 EV trained (252Spe/252SpA/4Atk) with the moves dragon pulse / dark pulse / fire blast / surf

plus i bought a new car!

in all honesty though that's the first & last time i use this "method" as it's not worth the time taken imo - i'll sit down one weekend & learn how to RNG on B/W it's got to be quicker

well the day my car caught fire with me in it (managed to get out just in time) i eventually hatched a shiny deino - named it after my old number plate...

mild natured (+SpA/-Def) currently at level 90 EV trained (252Spe/252SpA/4Atk) with the moves dragon pulse / dark pulse / fire blast / surf

plus i bought a new car!

in all honesty though that's the first & last time i use this "method" as it's not worth the time taken imo - i'll sit down one weekend & learn how to RNG on B/W it's got to be quicker

How many eggs did it take you?

My fqavorite pokemon are Meowth and Murkrow (Yet I have HG not SS) I'm breeding for a shiny Murkrow.
I got my magmar out, my japanese ditto, then noticed, my murkrow is french! Will this increase the chances or not? Either way, having a french murkrow is awesome.
ANd the Meowth I have is Spanish o_O

I'm currently hatching for a Shiny Smoochum. So far, 100+ eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom