• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shiny Pokémon via Masuda method

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean would I make the chances x8?

Since the Ditto is Japanese and the Murkrow French, the odds of getting a shiny when you breed them increases the odds x4 in Pokemon HeartGold. The normal rate of encounter is 1/8192. Masuda method makes it 1/2048, roughly 1/4 in the 4th generation.

Yes I know that, I just meant If they were both foreign would it make it like what the masuda method does in BW?

Yes I know that, I just meant If they were both foreign would it make it like what the masuda method does in BW?
The chances would be the the same as they would if a native Pokémon and a foreign Pokémon bred.

Hatched a shiny litwick recently via this method and currently working on Axew. The Litwick took the longest to shine thus far, but it still wasn't terrible. Hoping Axew will be a bit faster overall.

I've hatched about 900 Feebas eggs.

Still no shiny. :sweat:

I accidentally used this method (stuck a normal mon with a Japanese one in the day care) and got a shiny Oshawott on about the 3rd egg I hatched C:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom