• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shiny Pokémon via Masuda method

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use the method a lot. I started using it when I found a Japanese Ditto in the GTS offered for a Ditto. Now, the Japanese Ditto is always in the daycare, and I think it's at level 94 now. I have tried MANY times to get a shiny Pokémon that way. I have probably hatched over 200 eggs collectively using this method. No luck but I won't give up.

I got a japanese clamperl the other day and started the breeding last night. I hope i get my shiny early.

The longest hunt I have done for a shiny was shiny Chikorita. Took me over 2000 eggs but then I got 3 in 3 diffrent PC boxes lol

Just hatched a sihny Bulbasaur. Took me 2 weeks of egg hatching

Last edited:
Sorry for digging up an old thread, but I had a quick question.

I noticed a lot of people saying "I've filled up X boxes!". Is this part of the method? I've been grabbing 5 eggs, hatching them all, then immediately releasing them. Is that messing things up for me?

Sorry for digging up an old thread, but I had a quick question.

I noticed a lot of people saying "I've filled up X boxes!". Is this part of the method? I've been grabbing 5 eggs, hatching them all, then immediately releasing them. Is that messing things up for me?

It's not needed for the method but some people prefer collecting a lot of eggs and hatching them all.

One of my friends once did this and he did get a shiny starly. I think I will try it too.

My luck with this is weird.

First time I tried it?Shiny Cyndaquil, first egg.
Then Rocky, my Shiny Poochyena, took 125 eggs!
Spinda was shiny after about 20 eggs
And last but not least, Shiny Dratini took me 219 eggs.

Your luck with this is "weird"? Your luck with this is friggin' phenomenal. That's shit crazy luck dude. I'm ridiculously jealous.

Out of 365 eggs, you got four shiny Pokemon. Out of 420 eggs (trying for a Yanma), I got zero. T__T

Your luck with this is "weird"? Your luck with this is friggin' phenomenal. That's shit crazy luck dude. I'm ridiculously jealous.

Out of 365 eggs, you got four shiny Pokemon. Out of 420 eggs (trying for a Yanma), I got zero. T__T

It takes long but its worth it, the cool/pretty looking ones take long to hatch than the bland ones from what I've heard

ive been trying for a shiny feebas, but no luck. does it matter if both the pokemon are foriegn?

I got a shiny Gible after 30 eggs, but it had a Quiet nature, and only two perfect IV's. I was using a 31,31,31,31,31,31 Kingdra as the foreign parent. XD

only 1 should be foreign

Well, only one has to be foreign. As long as they are not both from the same language, they can be any language on any cartridge.

I haven't done this recently, but I did about a year or so ago for a shiny tentacool. Got rather lucky, actually. It took about 700~ to get one, but them I got another in the next 30-50.

Awesome.

Well, only one has to be foreign. As long as they are not both from the same language, they can be any language on any cartridge.

i've tried to RNG with 2 foreign parents from different languages (german & japanese) but it didn't work for me - do you have a link confirming your claim?

RNG? Aren't we talking about Masuda?

If the former, then sorry. I know nothing about that, couldn't even get it to work.

RNG? Aren't we talking about Masuda?

If the former, then sorry. I know nothing about that, couldn't even get it to work.

when RNGing it gives you 2 outputs depending on whether you choose "Normal" or "International" which effectively shows you the inner workings of the Masuda Method - so we're talking about both

(keep in mind i only tried it with both parents being foreign twice - i may have fudged the taps both times but i doubt it)

anyway do you have a link?

*EDIT*

currently asking in the relevant forum - the reason being you don't wanna be wasting time if it's still a 1/~8000 ratio rather than the 1/~2000 masuda method ratio

Last edited:
I'm Masuda-ing for a Bagon.

Hatched about 80. No luck yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom