• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shiny Pokémon via Masuda method

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this can be used to hatch a shiny Phione! I'd rather get something else shiny though.

so if a irish pokemon is used with an american pokemon will the masuda method work? im just asking because it seems like everyone uses japaneese pokemon BTW sending my japaneese gible to B/W since its a higher breeding chance for shiny

so if a irish pokemon is used with an american pokemon will the masuda method work? im just asking because it seems like everyone uses japaneese pokemon BTW sending my japaneese gible to B/W since its a higher breeding chance for shiny

it has to be a different language so irish & american are classed as "english" for this

people often use japanese ones as it's very easy to tell it's foreign & not just nicknamed (due to the different letters/characters) but anything like german etc works too

I wonder if the chances would be increased is BOTH the pokemon were foreign...
E.G: Japanese Ditto and French Eevee on an American game

I'm Masuda breeding for a shiny Axew in black. I'm up to around 200 eggs so far. I've had a few with some pretty good looking IV's (I guess, it's hard to tell at lvl 1). I've had 3 with an attack stat of 7 as opposed to the majority with 5 or 6. I'm just ready for that shiny to crack out of the egg.

Also I'm really glad to finally confirm the Masuda is now 6 times more likely than 4

Apparently I used up all my luck due to Snivy, Tepig and Oshy hatching in under 3-4 days

Um, just curious, does this still work on the 5th gen games? I'm looking for a Shiny Audino with my Japanese one.

unfortunately not dude :-(
What do you mean? That is doesn't increase chances? I'm sorry, your answer is unclear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Um, just curious, does this still work on the 5th gen games? I'm looking for a Shiny Audino with my Japanese one.

What do you mean? That is doesn't increase chances? I'm sorry, your answer is unclear.

the chances are not increased

*EDIT*

i've read my previous answer again & it's not unclear in the slightest :-/

Does anybody have a japanese ditto or something that would work with my english axew?

348 Axew eggs, nearly 30 in game hours over a week, and I still have no shiny Axew. I've decided to put the mass breeding on hold and get back into the story. Maybe I'll get back into after the E4..

I'm currently hatching for a shiny vulpix, which I will evolve into my favorite pokemon-shiny ninetales. xD

I have hatched 648 eggs so far, yet no shiny yet. Hatch, shoiny Vulpix, HATCH! O_O

Now that I finally got Wi-fi, I got my Japanese Ditto and I'm able to use the Masuda Method now! :D (When I had Wi-fi for not long after DP came out I got a Japanese female Marill and Roserade, but meh...)

Currently trying for shiny Mudkip. At 39 right now.

I'm at 470 Axew eggs now, I'm going to start leaving the ds on to see if that will get me there a little faster. After 40 or so in game hours for this shiny, I'm too far in to give up now

My munna was obtained on my 45th egg.

I'm going for Smugleaf now...any nickname suggestions?

I got a shiny Larvesta on my 3rd egg with a japanese ditto. I hatched about 100 Axews, but quit when I found an Adamant one with near perfect stats. Decided I'd hatch a few Larvesta when I was bored, and got pretty excited when the 3rd egg hatched a yellow-horned Larvesta.

Going to attempt this for axew right now I just recived a jap male woot wish me luck XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom