• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shiny Pokémon via Masuda method

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to get a shiny Cacnea on HGSS...
I have two fullboxes and nothing yet. But I'll keep going!

So far I've hatched 226 eggs, my target was Pawniard, but since I haven't even finished the game yet......I was day caring my pokemon whlist putting my JAP ditto in there..... :)

Hatched my very first shiny via this method today (actually my first shiny ever save the Gyarados everyone gets).

Shiny Torchic hatched on my White version, was my 750th egg exactly.

After trying to get a shiny Cacnea a couple more times, I gave up and restarted breeding Magnemites to get a shiny.

And I got it :D

picture.php

Now I want more and more shinies :D

so many litwicks :( but I've done longer masudas, though this is only my 3rd ever

Hey, question here, I hope someone could answer?

I heard from somewhere that if you're the original trainer of any of the two pokemon your breeding for shines that the masuda method won't work. Like, for example I got a Japanese venipede off the gts and I want to breed it with an english ditto I caught in my game. Will this work?

Thank you^^

I have a lot of legit shinies but I'm really trying to get one through the Masuda Method.
I really want a shiny Venipede, and have over 100 eggs so far.

But damn Scolipede is just the coolest shiny.
ShinyPendoraaanimated.gif

Hey, question here, I hope someone could answer?

I heard from somewhere that if you're the original trainer of any of the two pokemon your breeding for shines that the masuda method won't work. Like, for example I got a Japanese venipede off the gts and I want to breed it with an english ditto I caught in my game. Will this work?

Thank you^^

As far as I know that's not true. The only rules for the Masuda Method are one of the Pokemon has to be from another country that speaks a different language or something like that. If you're the OT of one of them it shouldn't make a difference...lots of people have had luck to further stand for that fact.

So yes, you're good. It will work.

Last edited:
I have a lot of legit shinies but I'm really trying to get one through the Masuda Method.
I really want a shiny Venipede, and have over 100 eggs so far.

But damn Scolipede is just the coolest shiny.
ShinyPendoraaanimated.gif

As far as I know that's not true. The only rules for the Masuda Method are one of the Pokemon has to be from another country that speaks a different language or something like that. If you're the OT of one of them it shouldn't make a difference...lots of people have had luck to further stand for that fact.

So yes, you're good. It will work.
thanks! and oh I know he is!

it has to be a different language so irish & american are classed as "english" for this

people often use japanese ones as it's very easy to tell it's foreign & not just nicknamed (due to the different letters/characters) but anything like german etc works too

so they just have to be a different language thanks siburke

My munna was obtained on my 45th egg.

I'm going for Smugleaf now...any nickname suggestions?

Emile if you get the name reference xD

If not Grasshole

I have all 3 Unova starters shiny. Now I'm trying to go for the monkey trio to be shiny

I've only so far gotten a Shiny Squirtle with ~22 eggs, and that was on my luckiest.

I don't know how many Charmanders I've hatched and boxed/released so far on my Platinum; within 200 to 250 seems like a safe bet, though. Trying to get as many of the starters as shiny now.

im so lucky :)

I got my shiny tepig around 10 eggs
a shiny charmander for around 50 eggs
a shiny cyndaquil on my first hatch
and a shiny torchic on my 67th egg

im gonna try for grass starters next time.

im so lucky :)

I got my shiny tepig around 10 eggs
a shiny charmander for around 50 eggs
a shiny cyndaquil on my first hatch
and a shiny torchic on my 67th egg

im gonna try for grass starters next time.

Grass types take super long to shine when I try

Wow, some of you are really lucky!

This is the first time I'm using this method. I'm trying to get a shiny Sigilyph. I've hatched over 800 eggs now, but nothing yet.
I hope I'll get my shiny soon. ^_^

So since my question is more related to the masuda method i hope its ok that i ask here.....

So i have hatched 15 boxes of druddigon in a row plus about 200 before i started counting via depositing into boxes so if i left to go and train does it reset my odds persay or is it just every egg i get i have a 1/1600 (or whatever the # in gen 5 games is) chance of the shiny?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom