• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shiny Pokémon with the Pokéradar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow XD This method is hard but eventually, last night, I managed to get a chain of 40 Shinx's, after 40 I decided to start re-setting the Pokéradar and start looking, I only re-set it about 2 or 3 times and I noticed a piece of grass that shined brighter and had more of a twinkle to it~
I caught my very first shiny Pokémon EVER :D

Say hi to Lucky the female shiny Shinx :3

I'm so happy, I've always wanted a shiny that I managed to catch myself and now I do X3 Granted the method to get there can be long and frustrating, but it's rewarding when you do finally get one~ I carried on searching and building up my Shinx count to see if I could find another, then a Bidoof broke my chain XD;
I'd say it took me about an hour and a half to get this Shinx, gonna try for a Buizel next :D
Congratulations! :D

Thanks to my stubbornness, I too had a bit of luck last night. :D After having so many chains break on me, I tried again about an hour before midnight. With little time left to go, I hit 23 on my chain of Phanphy, and I got extremely lucky. :p I wish I had a picture to share, but alas, I didn't feel like getting up out of bed to take one, lol. Anyway, let's pretend I posted one, and say hello to Horton the shiny Phanphy. :p

It puzzled me at first. When I saw the shiny patch of grass I got all excited, lol. But when I encountered Horton, I thought there'd been some mistake. The coloring looked pretty much the same. xD Then I saw the sparkle, so I knew I hadn't made an error. :p Shiny phanphy is just really similar to normal colored phanphy. xD

That's two shinies in two days now. :p I'm going to try for three tonight, if I can get to route 226 to hunt for krabby.

Is krabby in the grass, or will I have to fish? o_0

Already have a Shiny Zubat (from Saphirre, not hunted) and I REALLY WANT ANOTHER.

I guess I'll start resetting around 40 too, I got to 37 last time and then accidentally got out of the radar's range. Darn you radar....

Ugh.....what the hell.......this is so HARD!!! I had a good chain of Starly going. TWENTY ONE!! But NO. A damned Bidoof had to show up...do you have any more tips?

Maybe if I had the patience XD I like just randomly running into one anyway. Makes the game more fun!

Hahah, this is awesome. :p I got a shiny krabby on a chain of 13! The chain went on until 28, and then it crapped out on me, lol. But still! That's three shinies in three days! :D I could get used to this chaining thing. ^_^ I wonder what's swarming tomorrow?

Oh, and piece of advice... if you run into a shiny beldum, have your master ball handy. -_- I'm scared to death of running into one of those and having it use take down on me... I'm going to bring a ghost type with me when I go hunting for it, lol. Night shade is about the only thing I'll be able to do. :p

You're so lucky XD 3 shinies already! That's awesome :D

I've had no such luck today, my Buizel chain kept breaking on me, I'm gonna have to be extra cautious, the highest I got was 26 so far. I'd try swarms but these past few days Pokemon have swarmed in places I don't feel comfortable searching for shinies in due to them being in places that have weather conditions that make watching the grass a lot harder @_@
Gonna try searching for a shiny Buizel again tomorrow :3 And at some point I'll need to see about trying to chain Buneary's, if there is ONE shiny I really want, it's a shiny Buneary, I love their colour.

Haha, you guys are awesome XD Shuko, I showed this guide to my boyfriend last night, and within two hours he found a shiny Voltorb on a chain of 58, without breaking any chain at all! Then, a couple of hours later he went for a shiny Togepi and got it at chain 31. Then, today he found a shiny Kecleon (for yours truly) at *8*! And after that, got a Buneary chain to almost 60 before it broke, then found a shiny one at 4 on the new chain. He's already mastered the system to get four shinies in less than 12 hours!
http://marlkitty.net/mral/IMG_0296.JPG http://marlkitty.net/mral/IMG_0299.JPG http://marlkitty.net/mral/IMG_0302.JPG http://marlkitty.net/mral/IMG_0305.JPG

He gave the Togepi and Kecleon to me :D

Wow! That IS amazing! Just goes to show you this system really works and the fact that he got two of them chained under 10 is so awesome (*Even if he lost the rather large chain of one of them at first*) this makes me more confident that it wasn't just luck that I found my Shinx and that I may get more :3 I need some shiny friends for Lucky 8D

Right now, I'm on a Staravia chain, and it's going well. I've got 26 so far. I'm about to take a break though, because I've gotta rest my nerves (shiny hunting makes me nervous :p). I've had a lot of close calls, though. Just now, I was trying to get to a patch that was farther away, but the only way I could was to go behind me. The patch had shook and I didn't see it :O Luckily, though, it was still Staravia, and the chain didn't break. *whew*

Care to write a guide for getting those silly Radar exclusives?

Please?

I had some better luck with shinies today when I went hunting for a shiny Buneary since that's the one I've always wanted, well, since D/P came out anyway XD I broke a few small chains and one large chain of 36, I eventually managed to chain 41 Buneary's and a few re-sets of the radar later and...

I got my shiny Buneary :D

I had a chain if 32 Shinx but i didn't see the grass move behind my character and i broke the chain by running into a Sentret. DAMN YOU SENTRET!!!

I found something else of note today while I was chaining. Apparently, if some grass from another area is visible when you use the radar, it's possible that one of the wiggling patches will end up there. Be careful not to overlook these, because if they get knocked off the screen when you next reset, you'll break your chain.

Oh, and my streak ended today. :p I tried for several hours for a shiny cubone, but to no avail. I would have worked harder, but I was working on a costume, lol. Priorities.

Night all! Happy hunting!

Still no luck for me. Got a chain of 33 Voltrobs but then it got ruined. Now I can't seem to get past 4.

one time i was playing my Ruby version, i was in the safari zone and i said to my bro, "What if i ran into a shiny?" and i ran into a SHINY Oddish!! But it got away... :(

What I like about this is that I can look for a Pokemon with good IVs while I'm looking for shinies. My Staravia chain broke thanks to my own stupidity and some Roselia, but I'm gonna take another whack at it.

Well atleast when I do these chain things it's not a total waste of time, since I use it to kill Staravia for Spd EVs while looking for a shiny one...

I DID IT! Finally found my first shiny. It's a sexy Ponyta with blue flames. The funny thing is that I got a two Ponyta chain after a Kricketune popped out, and the next Pokemon was the shinning Ponyta. Odd...

Anyway, I'm so gonna train this thingy right away! :D

I was wondering something else, though. What does the shiny patch look like? Does it shake longer than all of the other patches or something? I know that it shines white, but I *think* I see a lot of yellow patches, and I'm reluctant to stay away from them because I think that it might actually be white but just looks yellow. I'll feel like a real dick if I've missed any shinies <_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom