• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shiny Pokémon with the Pokéradar

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't seem to find any shiny pokemon. I've been chaining all day yesterday and today but even when i get my chain up to 40, i cant find a shiny electabuzz.

Don't care about shinys, but I appreciate your efforts, hope it helps others. I really hate it when GF do something like the shiny Garchomp (there's no difference!)

Ancient thread is rather old.

I can't seem to find any shiny pokemon. I've been chaining all day yesterday and today but even when i get my chain up to 40, i cant find a shiny electabuzz.

Keep try.
Once you hit 40 (or is it 50?), just keep resetting. Never walk upwards, and try to stay within the same two patches in the middle of the area. Use Super Repels as needed, and only go towards grass that flashes seizurifically. I recommend something with Synchronise and a good nature in the front of your party that preferably knows status moves and that one cut move.
For added ossumness, use a Premier Ball.

Oh, and it took me a total of two weeks before I finally caught a shiny Kirlia w/ Trace. It was worth it (. .) Especially when it has a maxed speed IV and Modest nature. Would've preferred it be male, but eh...

Ugh, I have the worst luck getting the shiny patch after I get the chain to 40. Like right now I've been resetting my 40 chain of Pachirisu for over 100 super repels and still haven't found the shiny patch. And I've never managed to find more than 1 shiny patch on my other three 40 chains before I use all my repels up. The percentage seems way lower than 2% for me.

Another interesting fact? I don't know if this has been said before, but apparently, time does not affect your chain when you're trying for a shiny in a swarm. I did this with Larvitar, started my chain at 11:30 P.M. and managed to get two shinies past midnight.

It has been a while since I have chained for shiny pokemon. Just started back up and caught 3 shiny skitty last night and currently have a chain of absol at 40 with one shiny already caught. Yay for shinies.

I think im gonna try again too, Beldum is swarming today so im trying to level up my Magnet Pull Magneton who i bred exctly for that so i can go chain it, that one is gonna be tough

Crap missed Beldum, my Magneton was underleveled. I decided to chain random shinies today.
I chained Buizel. Got to 23 on the chain and... Shiny Patch!! Caught it. CHain broke at 24
Chained Azurill in trophy garden, got to 28, broke chain... epic fail

by the way my 3 highest chains are 54 Shinx( 4 shinies caught( 41 Togepi) 2 shinies caught, and 40 Beldum, 0 shinies caught

I usually get the shiny patch at lower links of the chain, cause im just lucky that way)

Last edited:
I got a new Pokeradar shiny. A female Cubone. I actually managed to chain Cubone to 40. I usually have trouble with swams but this is making me feel really good about chaining again. I only got 1 though cause i messed up and stepped in a bad patch at chain 42 when i was trying to reset the Radar. I'll have to do the next swarm, but i got to earn some money for more Max repels first

hi guys chaining slakoth my swarm. it hard but i get what i need 2 do. i fail 5 times but i not giving up :]

Sucessfully chained Magnemite, my swarm, im so happy i really wanted a Magnemite, but i only caught 1. Im too tired to chain it again, but this is my last chain for the Pearl file, im moving all my Pokemon to HG, and deleting the file. I took a crappy video of catching it with my camera. I named it Rusty and may evolve it. I owe it to my Magnet puller, Magneton.

Great post, so far all the tips and rules have been spot on for me. I did biff a 43 chain because my thumb slipped, so that made me want to smash my ds, but other than that it's been pretty successful. Also I got a shiny spoink while I was at like 5 on my chain? Is that just ridiculously lucky?? Either way it was sick, and now I'm up to 7 shinys :)

Lol. I know what you mean. It does sound overcomplicated, but we Americans aren't the first ones to come up with it either. :p It's on a lot of the Japanese sites as well. That's where I first found out about it (I read some Japanese, as long as it's not too advanced). They've got the whole system worked out by now. In fact, the video I linked to is from a person who's one of the leading researchers on the subject. He set up his camera for a few hours taping himself chaining, and when he finally ran into a shiny, he caught it and the rest was history, lol.

There are others that have taped themselves, but few of them are American. I want to do it too, but I can't think of an elegant way of setting up my dad's video camera and keeping a good eye on the wiggling grass, lol.

lolz, it's three years later now, how did it go?

Guh, I'm new to this stuff, and I don't think I have the patience for it. I'm trying for Shiny Shinx, but I got to 19 when RALTS popped up. I almost threw my DS at the wall. T.T

lolz, it's three years later now, how did it go?

Well, the first line of the very first post was updated with a link to the video in question, so I assume it went well?

But it may be best to stay on-topic, rather than replying to 3-year old posts from users who haven't been active in the same amount of time.

Lol, hate and love shinys :eek: i think my second shiny was a shiny ponyta :D got to a chain of friggin 3 then got a shiny XD
almost fell out of my chair

*dances*

I haven't chained for a ages, and my only chained shiny was a Shinx I chained a few months ago (I was a bit slow on the chaining uptake) but I started again last night, Corsola were swarming, and now I have a bright blue Corsola named Joy. XD

I think I'm getting the hang of chaining now. :)

I'm starting to get it, after a swarm of Larvitar was on the TV I found 2 shiny Larvitars both genders. Nicknamed Larvs, and Larvels

I just got my first chaining induced Shinies! Two Pichus on 45 and 49. I'mma update my sig as soon as I evolve one.

Oh wow, I haven't chained in awhile. I haven't had many successful chains because I'm not patient enough, so I break the rules too much. XD I've gotten a shiny pichu, budew, and roselia through chaining before, and possibly another, but I can't remember. Chaining is one of the most frustrating things I've ever done. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom