• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shiny Pokémon with the Pokéradar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Shiny Pokemon with the Pokeradar

After hours wasted because of the Masuda methode ( I wanted a shiny Togepi, 1500 eggs and still no shiny...) I returned back to chaining.

Got a shiny Magnemite on my first try in a chain of 40 ^^ It is now a kick-ass Magnezone and has a neutral nature, so it at least doesn´t has a negative nature ^^ cool stuff

I... Can't even... Get to 30...

*Sob*

I'll try more later. I want to hatch my Shuckles now. I'm IV breeding. >__>

- Tyros

Im a first time user with bulbapedia, so idk if this will show up with the rest of the blogs, but for those pokeholics out there, as i call them, the chaining method really does work. My friends chain all the time, and in fact, I just chained my first shiny Absol- believe it or not though, it happened after only 2 chains and I got 3 shiny patches to choose from! Imagine my surprise. The only thing, is my dumb luck had me ill prepared and low on ultra balls- I should have used a master(I really wanted that red absol) but instead i tried to draw out the battle and try and use up those worthless timer balls I had. Just as I was getting close to getting it, I got excited and... used a sky uppercut with my lv. 100 blaziken on it!!! T.T **poof!! gone forever- guess maybe ill get lucky again** however, some people get lucky and find aquatic shinies that you cant get with a pokeradar! I got a green tentacool in Sapphire version by sheer dumb luck!

Have you guys seen a black Rayquaza?? now that is something Id like to get my hands on!

Oh, also, does anyone know much about pkrs? I contracted it in Sapphire and migrated it to Diamond. I think its supposed to give your pokemon boosted stats or something right??

Oh, also, does anyone know much about pkrs? I contracted it in Sapphire and migrated it to Diamond. I think its supposed to give your pokemon boosted stats or something right??

The PKRS or Poke'mon virus doesn't give a stat boost as such. It double's the EV's obtained by a single given poke'mon i.e If you kill a bidoof you gain 1 HP EV point, The PKRS doubles it so you have 2 Points, It requires 4 points for a a increase in stat so the PKRS just helps to speed things along in the end.

PKRS is also rather rare so if you obtain it be sure to spread it and keep the poke'mon that have contracted this wonder stored away in the PC as it can disappear from Poke'mon in the Party.

Hope this helped you :)
And apologise for this being off topic.

Welcome to the forums JessiT. I too would like a shiny Rayquaza, in fact, in my Ruby game I currently SR'ing for one. If you start to get shinies through chaining people on these forums will usually trade for them. Especially the 3rd gen stuff, because its easy to clone.

As far as the PKRS goes, yeah most people on here probably know what it is. There are a lot of people on these forums that have a vast amount of pokemon knowledge. The PKRS doesn't increase stats per se, but it doubles the amount of EV you get from battle. In the long run since EVs cap, it usually doesn't make a difference.

Hey, everyone... Does anyone have any idea if, after six shinies from a chain, they start getting harder to find? O__o 'Cause my friend has six, and after burning through, like, 70 Max Repels so far, has yet to find another.

- Tyros

Hey, everyone... Does anyone have any idea if, after six shinies from a chain, they start getting harder to find? O__o 'Cause my friend has six, and after burning through, like, 70 Max Repels so far, has yet to find another.

- Tyros

AFAIK it's still the same chances, it's just that despite the 1/200 odds you can still get pretty unlucky.

Also, my Spinda chains kept breaking after 10 or so. Not my lucky day. :s I can't decide if I should chain Bronzor again for a decent IV/nature or go for Togepi. Hmmmm.

Also: Despite all of the rules not to go into the corners or edges, I do it all the time and it never seems to end my chains ... I just go for the super-furthest grass of the type I started in. Odd.

The word is not "odd" but rather "odds" because that's the realm you're playing in. The "rules" are based on folks on this forum putting in hundreds and hundreds of hours of chaining -- I've put in over 500 hours myself. I too go to an edge and even a corner now and again, but typically only in the lower number of a chain and with the full knowledge that I am playing with a higher probability of a chain break.
But again, most of the "rules" are based on rather non-scientific anecdotal experience and not on someone telling us what the actual code says about such matters. You may come up with a new "rule" that better predicts results -- but I doubt it on this one.

After hours wasted because of the Masuda methode ( I wanted a shiny Togepi, 1500 eggs and still no shiny...) I returned back to chaining.

I'm at over 2400 Magikarp eggs and still no luck. One thing that may have messed things up for me is that I saved my game several times along the way earlier on. I haven't dipped into the RNG method but it seems that those that have frequently say one shouldn't save the game while employing the M Method. Oh well, I'm still determined to get one PKMN via the MM.

.... I just chained my first shiny Absol- believe it or not though, it happened after only 2 chains and I got 3 shiny patches to choose from! Imagine my surprise.

Holy Mackeral. I've never heard of that before only speculation. Twice I've had two shiny patches shake on a Pokeradar reset -- but never seen or heard of 3. I can imagine your surprise and frustration. The first time I had two I was trying to figure out how I could go to both of them!

- Tyros

AFAIK it's still the same chances, it's just that despite the 1/200 odds you can still get pretty unlucky.

That's absolutely correct Seiken. Remember that the 1/200 is an average within a range. One thing that can effect the 1/200 odds negatively is if your resetting in an grassy area that is not big enough to see all 4 shaking patches every time. Some number of those theoretical shaking patches that are occuring off the grass edge or whatever have a chance of being shiny too! (Or at least that's my theory) One time when chaining on Route 210 for Bagon (a kind of small grassy area but I eventually captured 9 shinies) I went 350 Max Repels between shinies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good luck to all pursuing shinies!

As far as the PKRS goes, yeah most people on here probably know what it is. There are a lot of people on these forums that have a vast amount of pokemon knowledge. The PKRS doesn't increase stats per se, but it doubles the amount of EV you get from battle. In the long run since EVs cap, it usually doesn't make a difference.[/QUOTE]

I said that already :) HA! atleast it means i wasn't Wrong, Just EV trained a houndoom and damn is it a monster :) and as far as shines stand Pfh only shines i have are gifts or wifi finds :) Gosh i suck at chaining max is 16 :(.

Whoaaa, I'm not trying to discredit anyone or say anything is wrong. Just noting that my experiences were kind of weird compared to what some others were saying!

And blah, I'm too lazy to chain today.

Got a shiny Magnemite on my first try in a chain of 40 ^^ It is now a kick-ass Magnezone and has a neutral nature, so it at least doesn´t has a negative nature ^^ cool stuff

Sweeetttt. Congratz xD I wish I was that lucky -.- Shiny hunting used to be so easy...And now it's just crap. (No offense to shiny hunting!! I luff it xD) Haha. So close to getting that Beautifly....AGAIN. Ran into a grass on accident...AGAIN. I shall keep trying! Now I'm doing Togepis :3

Whoaaa, I'm not trying to discredit anyone or say anything is wrong. Just noting that my experiences were kind of weird compared to what some others were saying!

And blah, I'm too lazy to chain today.

You're all right, buddy. Keep on chainin'

As far as the PKRS goes, yeah most people on here probably know what it is. There are a lot of people on these forums that have a vast amount of pokemon knowledge. The PKRS doesn't increase stats per se, but it doubles the amount of EV you get from battle. In the long run since EVs cap, it usually doesn't make a difference.

I said that already :) HA! atleast it means i wasn't Wrong, Just EV trained a houndoom and damn is it a monster :) and as far as shines stand Pfh only shines i have are gifts or wifi finds :) Gosh i suck at chaining max is 16 :(.[/QUOTE]

That's not bad! Lots of people are lucky if they can even get that high, so you don't suck. Trust me. It's fine =DDDDD

Any chain updates?

Just thought I'd say hi, and thanks to all those who've contributed to this thread. It's helped me to catch three shinies (1 Starly, 2 Shinx), the Starly was Adamant and is now one of my best team members.

Anyone have any tips for chaining Beldum in Platinum. Yesterday i saw a shiny one (i even synched it), but it knocked itself out. Any tips for Ralts and Aron also appreciated.

Oh and final question (for now), does anyone know of any Pokemon that are the only Pokemon of the type on that route that is Steel or Electric type, for easy Static/Magnet Pull Chaining, ie Beldum is the only Steel on route 228.

Many Thanks.

Vibrava is hard to chain...

It just occurred to me - does a pokemon that has Storm Drain help attract water pokemon while chaining?

Last edited:

PONYTA HATES ME! it breks on either 15, 16 or 22.

Just thought I'd say hi, and thanks to all those who've contributed to this thread. It's helped me to catch three shinies (1 Starly, 2 Shinx), the Starly was Adamant and is now one of my best team members.

Anyone have any tips for chaining Beldum in Platinum. Yesterday i saw a shiny one (i even synched it), but it knocked itself out. Any tips for Ralts and Aron also appreciated.

Oh and final question (for now), does anyone know of any Pokemon that are the only Pokemon of the type on that route that is Steel or Electric type, for easy Static/Magnet Pull Chaining, ie Beldum is the only Steel on route 228.

Many Thanks.

1) Beldums are hard to catch. The best way is to start with a syncher and throw a Master Ball at it :p, but if you don't have a couple of those handy. Heres the next best way (I caught 4 of the 5 I've seen this way). Open with syncher and immediately switch to a ghost pokemon that has night shade and hypnosis. Put it to sleep (and keep it asleep) everytime it wakes up put it back to sleep, the more its a sleep the longer the battle will go. While is asleep, use night shade til you no longer can (without KOing it obviously). If its not at 1 HP, you may want to switch to a pokemon with false wipe to get it to 1 HP. Then if its at night throw Dusk Balls. If you've already caught a Beldum (shiny or not) and it isn't night throw repeat balls. You can throw Timer balls after turn 40 or so. Lastly you can throw Ultra balls if noneof the above apply.

2) shinx is the only Electric type on 202 and 203. Pachirisu is the only electric pokemon near Valley Windworks in non-sparkly grass, when Electike isn't swarming in Diamond/Pearl, and might also be the only electric type on 205. Bronzor is the only steel type on 206, and 211(east and west). Skarmory i the only steel type near Stark Mountain. There may be others, but these are the ones I know for sure of the top of my head.

FINALLY got to 40 with Ralts today! Twice! I don't know what was up with my terrible luck back in the previous days... XD; I guess chaining's just a fickle mistress... >__>

Unfortunately, they broke both times, the first after two shinies, and because I mis-stepped. The second because I forgot my level 4 Umbreon synchronizer didn't really keep things repelled all that well. =__=
Sooooo... Since I want to get tons of Ralts from this to pick and choose from IVs... Well, I'm trying again. XD; Wish me luck!!

- Tyros

FINALLY got to 40 with Ralts today! Twice! I don't know what was up with my terrible luck back in the previous days... XD; I guess chaining's just a fickle mistress... >__>

Unfortunately, they broke both times, the first after two shinies, and because I mis-stepped. The second because I forgot my level 4 Umbreon synchronizer didn't really keep things repelled all that well. =__=
Sooooo... Since I want to get tons of Ralts from this to pick and choose from IVs... Well, I'm trying again. XD; Wish me luck!!

- Tyros

good luck~

I've been too distracted to chain today. Wonder what's swarmin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom