• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shiny Pokémon with the Pokéradar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Shiny Pokemon with the Pokeradar

Just a question: Why not keep the Pokémon with syncronize in front at all times? It even works if it's fainted, as long as it's in front.

Because my Adamant synchronizer is below level 40 right now, so it wouldn't keep away the Beldum's. Plus, I always use my Magnet Pull or Static Pokemon in front until 40. I'll try get it over 50 soon.

I did keep my Timid syncher at the front at all times during my hyper-successful Roselia chain, and that yielded 100% results. I'll try remember that in future.

Anyway. I don't think it's worth the effort just to try get an Adamant one. Any advice?

Airwave: Don't worry, you're not doing anything wrong. It's really just the slightly higher random chance that the Garden seems to have that's busting you and almost everyone else's chains in there.
Oh, that's another thing I don't quite agree with... I'm actually fine with the 8 step patches. I've furthered plenty of chains by stepping into them, and even the occasional (gasp!) 4-step-away patches. (Although I'm still wary about these ones.) As long as I'm in the 4th ring, it's okay by me. *Nods*

Oh, and yeah - it doesn't matter as long as you're using the same kind of patch.

Aaaaand lastly, I'm glad you're enjoying yourself. n.n The trick to not getting upset or angry is not really investing yourself too much into the need to get the chain to 40. Yep, that's right - I'm basically telling you not to really care either way. After all, as someone once said earlier in this thread, chains break - it's their nature. There's not much to be done about random chance, so... Why get angry? Just take a breath and try again. n.n (Saying paragraph is optional. That's just how I do it. XD)

Dave: Y'know? That's a really good question... I think you and Airwave (in his response to you) might be onto something about having your synchronizer in front of your party when you reset, instead of just before walking into the grass. It does make a lot of sense, because I think the PokeRadar does a few calls to the RNG the instant it gets reset. Meaning, it scans for the Pokemon's info right then and there.
So, a good rule of thumb would be to carry around a fainted synchronizer, then put it at the front of your party when you start resetting.

Oh, and you know - it doesn't matter what level your synchronizer is, as long as it's fainted, its level doesn't determine Repel's level of effect - the level of the Pokemon behind it does. That said... Having a Magnet Puller at the front of your party is a better plan for Beldum, but try to keep the synchronizer fainted so that, when you get to 40, you can just switch him to the front and start resetting. *Nods*

Oh, and as for the effort to get one... Well, you could always try trade threads to look for one with Adamant nature. What other natures of shiny Beldum do you have? Some might be still useful.
And then, of course, it all depends on how much you want to use an Adamant shiny Metagross. The real question is: is it worth it to you? 'Cause if so, then I'd say try one more chain. This time, though, keep your fainted Adamant synchronizer at the front while resetting. *Nods* Catch, like, 5 or 6, and you're almost guaranteed to have at least one Adamant.

- Tyros

I think I'll stick with my Serious one, even with the poor IV's. Finding shiny Beldum's are difficult enough, plus I have only one remaining Master Ball. Normally, I'd go back the next time Beldum are swarming, but College is just too hectic. EV training should make it super powerful regardless. On that note...... Any advice?

In other news, while calculating the IV's of my final hatchling Staryu, I used all my Rare Candies. I usually SR, so I know the IV's, but don't lose the candies. I accidentally saved, meaning ALL 22 of my hard earned Candies are now gone. And to add insult to injury, the Staryu that took em, is borderline useless. NNNNNOOOOOOOO.

Still, at least one of the other Staryu babies turned out to have incredible IV's. Yay.

Hey Guys :) Why do NidoranM hate me so? I tried again, and it broke at 38. 38!! I did get a little love, in that, I got an early chain shiny at 30. Jolly too. But I still need two more. I am so sick of chaining here, though, I think I will move on for awhile.

Aitwave: congrats on the shiny! isn' it fun to see those sparkles? Just keep trying, you will get the hang of it.

DaveB: Congrats to you too! I havn't even tried weather chaining yet. It is very impressive that you got one of thoe beldums :)

Good Luck Everyone :)

Advice on EV training... Okay, let's see here. Let me calculate what I believe your end stats are going to be with those IVs...

Assuming that those IVs that aren't sure and have a range are at the highest they can be, here's your stats without yet effort training:

HP: 289
Attack: 279
Defense: 277
Sp. Attack: 221
Sp. Defense: 206
Speed: 152

And with 252 EVs in each stat (Impossible, I know, but just done to give you an idea of what you CAN do.)

HP: 352
Attack: 342
Defense: 340
Sp. Attack: 284
Sp. Defense: 269
Speed: 215

So, knowing that, now what you want to do is look at Smogon's Metagross page:
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/metagross
Obviously you don't have to use Smogon sets, but they do give a good idea for strategy, and you might be able to set up your own kind of strategy. n.n Just keep in mind what kind of stats you'll have - especially speed. You may not be able to outspeed certain things with a neutral nature, so don't focus too much on that. In fact, because of that, it might be best to focus on durability, effort training HP and defense. *Nods* Possibly along with some in Attack.

Sorry to hear about the rare candies. D:

Edit: Just saw your post, Arwen. You know, if you want me to, I can take your Nidoran and clone it a couple times for you. n.n That way, you'll be able to evolve them, and have enough for your Pokedex. *Nods*

Also, trading over your trades to Pearl soon. n.n Had to work on getting a few Eevees. <__<;

- Tyros

i caught a shiny fearow when my chain was at 4, the patch wasnt shiny i think i just hit my 1 in 8000

i have yet to get a chain to 40, damn marills keep breaking my chain

Good news, everyone! I got an eevee chain to 40, and so far I've caught three shinies (in addition to the one I already have). I got the two modest ones I wanted, one serious, and one adamant. The DS is still on, and I've got my chain still up.

I was wondering, if I save my game now (without resetting), will the chain be broken? I know the chain isn't saved when I save my game, but I was wondering if I could save just to make sure I don't loose the shinies I already have in case my game freezes. Also, how long should I keep this chain going? I don't really see any way it could break at this point (I just reset until I see shiny grass). Obviously I want to be done with it at some point, I have other shinies to chain! Thanks in advance.

Haha! Awesome! I knew your success would be here soon enough. n.n Congratulations! And you even got three so far! Great!

As for your questions - Yeah, you can save the game, to make sure the Eevees stay with you. *Nods*

As for how long... That's really up to you. Are you looking for a specific nature, or a good selection of IVs? If so, you're gonna wanna capture lots. *Nods* My personal usual thing is to catch 8 or 10. Most I've caught in one chain is 12. If that helps at all. n.n;

Yeah, easy mode starts once you get to 40. n.n Just lots of resetting and walking. Just be careful to not let your attention waver when you're resetting or after a battle with a shiny - it's broken a couple of chains of mine. And be careful of missteps. That's broken sooooo many chains. x__x; Aside from that, you're definitely good to go! Also, always reset with your character facing toward the right side of the screen - that way, if a shiny patch decides to flash behind your head, you'll see it. *Nods*

Best of luck to catching more!

Elk: Grats on the super-early shiny! Just keep at it, and keep looking back over all the information in the past few threads, and I'm sure you can get there. n.n

- Tyros

Well, I broke the chain. I saw something that looked like a shiny grass patch behind me, and I took a shot. Needless to say, I'd never do that if my chain was at 39 and I hadn't caught any shinies yet. ;-)

I caught four shinies from that chain, and with the one from earlier, that means I now have five brand new shiny eevees! I got the two modest ones I wanted, two neutral natured ones, and an adamant one. I'm very happy with being done with that cursed trophy garden (for now), and I'm really looking forward to getting my shiny phanpy once they start swarming. Thank you karmory, Arwen, Tyros, Nesshalop for all your encouraging words and tips, and of course Shuko and Totoro for writing awesome guides.

Congrats on the Eevees Airwave, and on the Fearow wavemstr.
Anyway, decided on my Metagross spread. Many thanks Tyros, you're advice really helped. If there's anything I can do in return, just let me know.

Agility Metagross: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP

Meteor Mash,
Ice Punch,
Earthquake,
Agility,

Max Attack is obvious, the Speed EV's should put me at 215, or 430 after an Agility. This should be enough to outspeed all +Speed Base 80's with a Choice Scarf. Should outspeed the vast majority of Gyarados after a Dragon Dance as well, as very few player invest in Jolly and even then, they'd need a Speed IV above 26.

Even if the IV is 6 and not 7, in my opinion very few players IV breed for absolutely 100% perfect IV's.

Gonna try for Shiny Sneasel soon.

Does anyone know the best place to chain shinx/luxio?

Airwave: You're very welcome! n.n I hope your Phanpy's show up quickly. :3 I was really glad to be out of there, myself. XD;

Oh, and just so you know... If you 'think' you saw a shiny patch behind your head, it's usually not one. If you're facing right and resetting, you'll always know, trust me. XD You'll very easily see almost one full ball of shiny light pulsing just above your hat. I saw it happen. n.n;

Dave: Very nice - I like the moveset. n.n Send it out and something that forces a switch, use Agility on the switch, then proceed to beat face. Good plan! XD I think my Gyarados is either 26 or 28 (Can't remember what) but you're right - mine's probably in the minority. n.n;
I'll keep your offer in mind. n.n Thanks a lot.
Actually... You wouldn't happen to know where I'd be able to get a Jolly Jirachi, would you? o__o

And good luck on Sneasel! Looks like you're a bit addicted to chaining in weather effects there. XD Don't forget your speed syncher! Sneasel probably likes being Jolly too, doesn't it?

- Tyros

I have a question. Can a pokemon break its own chain? Today I was chaining Spoinks when I walked into a legit patch, and a Spoink appeared, but when I exited the battle screen, it said I broke my chain. The repel hadn't worn off yet, so it wasn't a random pokemon interrupting my chain. Help?

Thanks.

It happens on rare occasions, yeah. Was the patch you entered against a wall? If it was, the reason it didn't continue is because all the new patches spawned 'in' the wall, instead of in actual grass.

- Tyros

It happens on rare occasions, yeah. Was the patch you entered against a wall? If it was, the reason it didn't continue is because all the new patches spawned 'in' the wall, instead of in actual grass.

- Tyros

No, I don't think it was... :(

Does anyone know the best place to chain shinx/luxio?

Route 202

Hmmm... In that case... You're one of only, like, three cases I've heard of that happening. o__o Hmmm. And you weren't at a place where the grass stops? (Not necessarily a wall, but the edge of the grassy area.)

I think it's happened to me once, too, if I remember correctly. In the Trophy Garden. Either that or it was my friend. It was a while ago, so I can't really remember so well... But I've seen it.

- Tyros

Hmmm... In that case... You're one of only, like, three cases I've heard of that happening. o__o Hmmm. And you weren't at a place where the grass stops? (Not necessarily a wall, but the edge of the grassy area.)

I think it's happened to me once, too, if I remember correctly. In the Trophy Garden. Either that or it was my friend. It was a while ago, so I can't really remember so well... But I've seen it.

- Tyros

It was close to the edge, but it wasn't on an edge... That could be a contributing factor, but still...

Yeah, it honestly shouldn't be... But like I said, I think it happens rarely. Sorry about the bad luck. D: You can get it up there again!

- Tyros

Well, I broke the chain. I saw something that looked like a shiny grass patch behind me, and I took a shot. Needless to say, I'd never do that if my chain was at 39 and I hadn't caught any shinies yet. ;-)

I caught four shinies from that chain, and with the one from earlier, that means I now have five brand new shiny eevees! I got the two modest ones I wanted, two neutral natured ones, and an adamant one. I'm very happy with being done with that cursed trophy garden (for now), and I'm really looking forward to getting my shiny phanpy once they start swarming. Thank you karmory, Arwen, Tyros, Nesshalop for all your encouraging words and tips, and of course Shuko and Totoro for writing awesome guides.

Aww, shucks, I didn't even say much, thanks. :3 Congrats on all the shinys! I think I might go chain something just now, I find it fun and I still don't have my shiny Swellow, although you've given me an idea for eevees now.

And hurristat, thats happened to me aswell, sometimes chains just break for no good reason, I find that more frustrating than when they break for any other reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom