• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shiny Pokémon with the Pokéradar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Shiny Pokemon with the Pokeradar

At last count, I had 26 successful chains with over 120 shiny pokemon caught on them. Chaining can be very exciting when it goes well, very frustating when it doesn't. Just keep at it though. :)

Jaxon: If you can chain 20 pokemon in a snowstorm, that's actually pretty good. Just curious, what is your brother's trainer ID? I have a theory that trainer id's with repeating numbers have a higher chance of random shiny encounters.

While chaining for a female Eevee, I saw something really unexpected...
A shiny patch!
At a chain of 3!
I think my heart skipped a beat. This is the third shiny I've ever seen, and the second I've ever caught.
Master balled it. Well, I don't see shinies very often, so I got exited. I now totally regret it, but knowing my luck, it would have exploded. (The first ever shiny I saw - a gravler - self destructed before I had time to catch it.)

Male
Adamant nature
Likes spicy food

Lvl: 18
HP: 51
Attack: 29
Defense: 26
SP attack: 19
SP defense: 28
Speed: 29

Now, I'm not sure if the stats are good or not, but he's going to be my shiny umbreon some day. :D

Ok guys should i chain or train and if i chain give me a pokemon to go after im using platinum i dont really care about difficulty just dont send me to a rainy or sand storm place

Ok I was hunting budew in eterna forest and I hade a 11 chain and get this I broke my chain with a ... Budew. WTF why and how? (it was in the bottom right corner but still it was a budew)
And it just happened again but 4 down 3 over.

Last edited:

Forgottennight: If the budew was on the edge of the grass, the next 4 patches may have "appeared" off the patchy area, causing your chain to break. The other possablity is that the patch was too far away. And sometimes chains just break. We don't know all the factors. If you haven't yet, you should read this guide: http://totorosinsights.weebly.com/

Good Luck :)

If anyone is around id love a suggestion on something to chain

i eventually want at least one of each chainable (possibly even breedable) pokemon (shiny of corse) but id like to save the ones in rainy and sandy places for last (I only have diamond or platinum)

anything from pearl ill need to breed or get via trade :p

Go for a chained Ditto in the Trophy Garden; you can't breed them, so it's a hood chain target.

EeveeBreeder: Dittos are great pokemon to chain and chaining them is the about the only way to get a legit shiny ditto. But if you are just starting out with chaining, I would recommend your swarming pokemon. The trophy garden is a tough place to start.

It took me all day but I now have 5 shiny Budew's!!!
1: Poison Point
Nature:Brave
HP:30
At:14
Df:14
Sp.at:17
sp.df:19
speed:16

2:Natural Cure
Nature:Bashful
HP:28
At:13
Sp.at:17
sp.df:22
speed:17

3:Natural Cure
Nature:Brave
HP:29
Sp.at:15
sp.df:20
speed:14

4:poison Point
Nature:Docile
HP:31
Df:12
Sp.at:16
sp.df:21

5:poison Point
Nature:Quirky
HP:28
At:11
Sp.at:18
sp.df:21
All level 10
Out of these what one is the best? I am not sure what the nature does to a pokemon.
And if you want one just give me a pm. and I will see what I can do you can ever request the one you want.

Last edited:

Go for a chained Ditto in the Trophy Garden; you can't breed them, so it's a hood chain target.

Thanks ill go after it i like the blue ditto and maybe i could trade my jap SS pokemon to my english platinum when i get one and try the masuda method

What I know from experience is this:

1) When the bushes shake, the ones that have a glimmer to it are rare pokemon while the ones that have a normal shake are common pokemon.

2) If you're looking for a common pokemon, it's actually safe if there are at least three common bushes (not counting the ones on the edges) that shake.

3) Always go to the farthest regular bush from your character (if you're looking for a common pokemon) even if a glimmering one is closer.

4) Be careful! Even if a bush seems to be farther away than the other two or three bushes, unless you know 100% for sure, count the steps between you and each the bushes before you go there because you're eyes can play tricks on you sometimes. If you're having trouble counting the steps, walk another 50 steps and set the radar off again.

5) And, perhaps most importantly (like the author said), make sure that you don't walk out of the radar's range. I made that mistake a couple of times.

Just now, I finally got a shiny Ponyta by chaining! This is the first and last time I will ever chain.

Last edited:

Not sure if people here would like to use this or not, I made it for my daughter so that she could have an easier time chaining. I am putting them here in 3 formats.

I noticed that when I sent the word files to a laser printer, the image was nice and crisp and had good dark lines. When I printed the same document on an inkjet, the lines came out grey and were difficult to see, which is why I am including the original jpg which has the black lines.

I printed these out on transparencies so they stick nicely to the screen without using tape.

RADAR borders in Word 2003 format

RADAR borders in Word 2007 format

RADAR borders in jpg format

[edit]
Essentially, only goto the shaking grass that falls inside the outlined area. The outer line is the maximum, 7 steps away, and the inside line is the closest, 4 steps away. The outer line should be centered on the screen, goto a grassy area if you are unsure of how centered it is and line the top up with your character, but 7 steps away.

It has helped my daughter get her first 25 pokemon chain so I figured I would let others have it if it helps some frustrations.
[/edit]

Last edited:

Lukan: Thank you, these look great! I use a similar method by outlining with a sharpie on a screen protector. This method really helps with those situations where it is hard to tell if the fourth or third patches are further away. Thanks again :)

Ok guys should i chain or train and if i chain give me a pokemon to go after im using platinum i dont really care about difficulty just dont send me to a rainy or sand storm place

I'd go for a shiny Croagunk if you think you're up for it with only 8% appearance rate and in a rainy place...

I had only the pateince & i was REALLY nervous.
I was only able to Chain 40 Starlies & get both a Male Starly,
& a female one. ^^

I haven't chained again in a while, i might today.

Alright I'm gonna hunt in the Trophy Garden. Meowth is there and I brought a Timid Synch, I'll update later.
GOOD LUCK!
Edit: Chain broke at 28

Last edited:

Just as a note. couldn't you just use the Cleanse Tag to repel pokeom instead if repels?

I think enemy Pokémon will sometimes still attack through Cleanse Tag... With repels, so long as your lead is a high enough level, you're much safer.

but don't repels and the Cleanse Tag work the same way. I have gotten in to many battles with a max repel on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom