• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shiny Pokémon with the Pokéradar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Shiny Pokemon with the Pokeradar

but don't repels and the Cleanse Tag work the same way. I have gotten in to many battles with a max repel on.

Cleanse Tag reduces the chance of finding a Pokemon and Repels prevent you from encountering all Pokemon (as long as you're a higher leel than them) =P

O ok that makes sense. And it took two hours but I finally started catching shiny ponyta.

I caught a shiny pichu in the trophy garden. I told my friend it was the event pichu and he traded me a deoxys for it. ^.^ I'm not really a fan of pichu B/C it's not that strong. I have a shiny porygon-Z so I didn't care about giving away a shiny.

Hey :) I had a few hours today and tried chaining dittos. Got to 33 when it broke. Not bad considering how long its been. I may have time to try again. Good luck everyone :)

here a hint when chaining ditto keep a low level pokemon in your group and after you see it switch to the weak one before it transforms. learned yesterday after wasting 15+ ultra balls on a lvl 22 ditto with 1hp after transforming into my Scizor at lvl63

Tyler212: Thanks, I actually learned that too. My sync is a lvl 100 ev trained espeon. Now I switch out to my lv5 zigzagoon (picks up nuggets)so they are easier to catch ;-)

Update, I did get a good run on my second attempt and have already caught 2 shinies. I'll post when the chain breaks.

Congrats Dittos are cool shinies!
I just had a Cubone chain break at 33 and now I'm not sure what to chain.

My ditto chain broke when the phone rang today. I looked up and did not see the notice that my repel ran out. You just can't get distracted while doing this. But I did manage 7 shiny dittos, most of which are modest :)

My chain of geodude broke at 34 today with a machop. =( but O well it happens now time to try again and then again and again and again. lol

Chaining is really starting to annoy me I haven't seen a shiny patch in so long.

I just got a shiny geodude at a chain of 19 and it was not in a shiny patch it was just a shiny pokemon I guess.
Edit: That is the only one I got I got the chain to 40 then made a mistake.

Last edited:

I've tried chaining for shiny Sentrets multiple times with no success. Also, the first time I saw a shiny in the wild was a Bibarel in the Sinnoh Safari Zone, it didn't run away until after about 10 turns and I tried as hard as hell to catch it, never caught it though.

my hardest chaining was a trying to get a shiny male adamant ralts. i reached 40 about 3 times and got 3 shinies one male, one adamant but not all requirements in one ralts. i got during my next try at only a 20 chain when a sparkly grass appeared right away.

my hardest chaining was a trying to get a shiny male adamant ralts. i reached 40 about 3 times and got 3 shinies one male, one adamant but not all requirements in one ralts. i got during my next try at only a 20 chain when a sparkly grass appeared right away.

Dude, the nature isn't that important. After all it's shiny

Been chaining Ralts/Roselia for 3 days now.

...Can't get past 14. Ever. I'm starting to give up.

I can' get past 26.

-__-

26 Pidgets
& 25 Roselia.

UGHHH. the most i gotten was
43 Starlies. Only got two of them, after the chain broke. -__-

Dude, the nature isn't that important. After all it's shiny

Nature is extremely important if you want to use it competitively.

Anyway. I'm gonna resume my attempts to get Shiny Adamant Beldum soon. Wish me luck guys.

That Shiny Pichu they gave out online was a massive disappointment. Jolly nature means all it's good for is Physical Pikachu, and I'd been hoping for a Raichu for my squad. (Hate Pikachu, love Raichu).

Dave B: Good luck in that sand storm, I hope you get them.

NyaChan: You are right, it doesn't have to be 40 to get a shiny. Each pokemon added to your chain increases your chances. I believe each one cuts the odds in half. If you do the math (and many on here have) you will find that the odds increase the most from 35-40. At 40 you have a 1/200 chance of it being shiny. When you figure the 4 patches, you have a 1/50 chance with each reset. you can start resetting much earlier, but it will take a lot longer. Even at forty, using max repels, resetting 5X each repel, it still takes 15-20 repels on adverage to see a shiny patch. I have seen them back to back, and I have gone 100+ repels without seeing one. It's just that your oods are the best they can get at a chain of 40.
I have also had a shiny show up on a chain of 5, so it happens :)

Tomorrow, I think I'll chain some Shuckle while EVing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom