• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shiny Pokémon with the Pokéradar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Shiny Pokemon with the Pokeradar

Nature is extremely important if you want to use it competitively.

Anyway. I'm gonna resume my attempts to get Shiny Adamant Beldum soon. Wish me luck guys.

That Shiny Pichu they gave out online was a massive disappointment. Jolly nature means all it's good for is Physical Pikachu, and I'd been hoping for a Raichu for my squad. (Hate Pikachu, love Raichu).

You need to relax. Competitive pokemon don't need to be shiny, and shiny pokemon don't need to be useful competitively to be rare.

Also:
Pikachu W/light ball ≈ Raichu

I've caught a good number of Pokemon with the PokeRadar after like, two years, of trying to get the hang of it. Shinx, Absol, Misdreavus, Ralts (accidentally killed chain while looking for a male), Magnemite x2, Cubone x2, etc.

I was once trying to chain Ponyta, and after two, a shiny patch appeared. :D

I haven't chained in a long while now, so maybe I'll get back to that soon.

- Kat

What difference does the nature make if i want to make a shiny pokemon competitive?
Sorry im a bit new. :banana:

Hey guys I'm back after a REALLY long time. Just an update of what I've been doing, I stopped chaining after chaining marill and eevee and moved on to breeding by RNG abuse. Then i stopped pokemon for quite a while to focus on school and stuff. Just got HGSS and am proud to say i just SR-ed about 700 times for a shiny quirky cyndaquil :banana: Quirky's a neutral nature so i'm pleased. Also, to the post above me, natures affect the stats of a pokemon. For example, Adamant nature + atk and - sp.atk. It's important for competitive battling because the bonus attack stat makes a lot of difference. 10% +/- to the stat if i'm not wrong. So for example if the pokemon's base attack is 150, it has 165atk with adamant nature.

hey guys

im kind of new to this forum :) i made an account only for this tread :p
2 seconds ago i was chaining ralts and i was so happy becoouse it was the only time that i got a chain of ralts to 33 :eek: but then ..... :'( a wild shinx appeared

im so angry right now :(

EDIT: yeeeeey i finnaly got 1 :) im sooo happy :) :) :) the chain is still going on so i will trie to get some more :)

Last edited:

my old copy of platinm broke. i had a dozen shinies that i had chained on there

includiny my precious shiny beldum

thankfully i know a rng'er and he was able to get it back for me

aaauuw i feel sorry 4 you :) i think i would kill myself if one of my copies of diamond or platinum broke :p

but 4 now im like super happy becouse i finnaly got my shiny ralts :spin: now im gonne trie to get some eevees ( i don't think i will be able to do this but ... yhea i just dont give up :p )
so wish me luck :)

ive found it hard to chain eevees and beldum

took me a few weeks to get a siny beldum

gave up on the eevees

yeah evee didn't work :-( i got a chain of 33 when suddenly a stupid staravia appears :banghead:

i dont know what im gonne chain today :p i'll probably change the swarm so i can ge magnemite or beldum <3

u guys know a few cool shiny pokemon you think i should chain ?

Hey guys! and Welcome!

XshinylucarioX: Swarms are always a great place to start. I really helps get into the swing of things. Eevees are not impossable. Anything in the garden just takes A LOT of patience and practice.

Wavemstr Elk: I'm sorry to hear about your game - that stinks. Its very impressive that you were able to chain a beldum. I can't chain in sand storm, it really gives me a headache.

karmory: welcome back :) Congrates on the cydaquil!

Hmmm ive just gotten onto this shiny hunting thing and well... im addicted!!!

itz gonna b hard 2 give up coz i get heart gold 2moz but i mean ive only managed 2 chain 3 shinys succesfully Growlith, Voltorb and cubone but im super luky cos cubone had a thick club and my voltorb chain lasted to 110 0.0 double my second best chain it looks a bit ridiculous on my chain poke application but im so proud of it

just btw wat bout other pplz shinies that u catch randomly i mean my chimecho and shinx came from nowhere :)

Fraser: Congrats on the chained shinies :) Great job! It fun to see those shinie patches isn't it?

As for random shinies, I've gotten tentacool, bidoof, gastley, roslie, and starley - not all on the same game pak

Good Luck Everyone :)

Hey guys! and Welcome!

XshinylucarioX: Swarms are always a great place to start. I really helps get into the swing of things. Eevees are not impossable. Anything in the garden just takes A LOT of patience and practice.

Wavemstr Elk: I'm sorry to hear about your game - that stinks. Its very impressive that you were able to chain a beldum. I can't chain in sand storm, it really gives me a headache.

karmory: welcome back :) Congrates on the cydaquil!

yeah i know swarms make realy easy chains but i dont think i like the swarm pokemon :p exept for beldum <3
i do have 2 shiny crabby's :) :) :)

but i'll keep chaining eevee and 1 day i'll catch an eevee !!!
and a beldum XD

now it is time for a very sad story :

A few days ago i was chaining beldum but like always it didn't work out so i decided to chain another steel pokemon so i started chaining aaron but when i reachd 40 i saw a shiny patch i went to the shiny patch and i saw a shiny aaron ( yeey :p ) but when i tried to catch it it used roar !:-(
i was reeeaaally angry :(

but then i tried again with a dugtrio in front of my party so i started chaining but when i saw the shiny patch same storry happends:banghead:

then i caught an octillery with subtion scubs ( or romething like that :p ) so aaron couldn't use roar and wel ... now i have a nice shiny aaron :) :banana:

Oh man. Fun times chaining:

I was trying to chain anything at one point, and had a Staravia chain going.
The chain broke...

And a Shiny Staravia broke it.

:V

ive been trying for a shiny fearow and it just keeps breaking, these ones that look perfect turn out to be wrong. like this one:

.__MMMMMX'MMM
.__MX'MMMMMMM
.__MMMMMMMMM
.__MMMMMMMMM
.__MMMMOMMMM
.__MMMMMX'MMMMM
.__MMMMX'MMMMMM
.__MMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMM
MM

M is grass
X' is patches that are shaking
O is me

i went to the one in the second row and the chain broke. am i really that rusty? am i doing something wrong or do i just have bad luck?

and is it concidered an edge if only one of the diagonals is not grass? like row 6 patch 9 in my diagram

Last edited:

yeah i know swarms make realy easy chains but i dont think i like the swarm pokemon :p exept for beldum <3
i do have 2 shiny crabby's :) :) :)

but i'll keep chaining eevee and 1 day i'll catch an eevee !!!
and a beldum XD

eevees are really annoying, i tried for a few weeks and never got a 40 chain. i'd want to bring a few hunderd extra repels so id have all of the eeveeeloutions shiny

Gaah... I was at 38 Bidoofs when a STARLY came along (yes, they're lame, but I'm practicing with weak Pokemon to get the hang of chaining). I was chaining Absols today as well and a Shellos barged in and broke my chain of 28. I never get beyond 30 in my chains :banghead:. So far my only shiny is a female Roselia that I stumbled on by accident in the Trophy Garden.

Gaah... I was at 38 Bidoofs when a STARLY came along (yes, they're lame, but I'm practicing with weak Pokemon to get the hang of chaining). I was chaining Absols today as well and a Shellos barged in and broke my chain of 28. I never get beyond 30 in my chains :banghead:. So far my only shiny is a female Roselia that I stumbled on by accident in the Trophy Garden.

wel i don't know if this might be helpful but ...

my first shiny was a lovely shinx <3 i chained it on the route above the town with the house of dawns sister in ( sorry i always forget those town names XD )
but anyway i chained it with an anpharos ( ya that electric pkemon that evolves from flaafy :p as i told u im not good with names :p )

the ampharos had the ability static so chaining shiny was really easy :lick: it's a nice tip for al of u beginners try to chain shinx :)
it helped me a loooot

Shiny Togepi was the third in the chain. I'll never know if it was chained shiny or not, because of the early position in the chain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom