• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shiny Pokémon with the Pokéradar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Shiny Pokemon with the Pokeradar

i think i found my problem, its imposible to chain on route 225. i tried shinx and got a 40 on the first try

i got 4 shinies from the chain, got bored then got the chain to 63

Last edited:

i think i found my problem, its imposible to chain on route 225. i tried shinx and got a 40 on the first try

i got 4 shinies from the chain, got bored then got the chain to 63

u see :spin: i told u :D

chaining shinx s really easy :p

I had the most amazing luck ever last night. I had a Voltorb swarm so I head over to start chaining, got it up to 5 and then I lost track of where the patches were when I was resetting and ran into a Ditto. So I go back to Canalave to heal my team, then head back to the grass. I always have my step counter on 50 or 00 when I start chaining so I was running around in the grass to get it up to 50, then BAM! Wild shiny Voltorb.

The chain-able shiny I want most is a Beldum, and that will be a big challenge because of the sandstorm reducing visibility in the overworld. Luckily magnet pull attracts steel types (it works pretty well too.)

EDIT: Is it possible to chain in HGSS? That's thought I'm getting from some of these posts.

Last edited:

I had the most amazing luck ever last night. I had a Voltorb swarm so I head over to start chaining, got it up to 5 and then I lost track of where the patches were when I was resetting and ran into a Ditto. So I go back to Canalave to heal my team, then head back to the grass. I always have my step counter on 50 or 00 when I start chaining so I was running around in the grass to get it up to 50, then BAM! Wild shiny Voltorb.

i was lucky yesterday too, a shiny patch showed up when the chain was at 5 when i was chaining rhydon

i think that i may have found a new rule. in my expierence if all four of the shaking patches are in one quadrant (meaning top right, bottom left etc.) the chain may break. directly on the axis that you are on counts as in the quadrant. it needs further testing before it can be conclusively proven, but i have had it happen on multiple occasions

Last edited:

The chain-able shiny I want most is a Beldum, and that will be a big challenge because of the sandstorm reducing visibility in the overworld. Luckily magnet pull attracts steel types (it works pretty well too.)

EDIT: Is it possible to chain in HGSS? That's thought I'm getting from some of these posts.

there is no chaining in hg/ss, or so ive heard.

magnet pull increases attraction of steel types?i was able to do it without, although it took 2 weeks. does it havew to be concious or can it be fainted?

I so desperately want a shiny Illumise :'( I find chaining on route 229 really difficult though :S

Despite this thread being 3 years old, I am going to have a shot at a shiny Nidoran.

Shiny Togepi was the third in the chain. I'll never know if it was chained shiny or not, because of the early position in the chain.

If you saw the sparkles of a shiny patch, then it was chained. If you walked into a normal looking patch and there was a shiny pokemon in it, then it was random. Remember that each pokemon added to you chain increases the chance that a shiny patch will appear (up to 40), they can show up as early as #2.

Good luck everyone :)

Very nice thread & tips, I've been interested in this for awhile. This + RNGing will make my boxes full of Shinies. :p

my repels arent working...

i cant get a chain beyond 5 because they keep appearing while im trying to reset the pokeradar. anyone else ever had this problem?

hi guys i've been really busy last day i got my europe copy of soulsilver and i've been playing like carzy !:drool:

congrats with all the shinies u guts have caught

i cant get a chain beyond 5 because they keep appearing while im trying to reset the pokeradar. anyone else ever had this problem?

and for u wavemstr i dont know but maybe the pokemon in front of your party is a too low lvl

thats the only thing i can tell u

im sorry

Yeah, like the dude above me said, the only reason I can think of is that you're in an area with higher level Pokémon than your lead Pokémon. Remember that repels only work on Pokémon that are of a lower level than the first one in your party.

wel i don't know if this might be helpful but ...

my first shiny was a lovely shinx <3 i chained it on the route above the town with the house of dawns sister in ( sorry i always forget those town names XD )
but anyway i chained it with an anpharos ( ya that electric pkemon that evolves from flaafy :p as i told u im not good with names :p )

the ampharos had the ability static so chaining shiny was really easy :lick: it's a nice tip for al of u beginners try to chain shinx :)
it helped me a loooot

Thanks. So far I've only been chaining feeble Pokemon like Bidoofs or Starlies, or swarming Pokemon (like the Absols). Shinxes shouldn't put up much more of a fight than the Bidoofs or Starlies.

I just caught one by random...while chasing Entei...a shiny Pidgey...yellow colored

I've been chaining Magnemites for a while now.

Everytime the chain breaks at 20-36, every time, it's the same pokemon. Floatzel. That stupid pokemon with the big stupid grin on it's face. It's look that it gives me almost makes me think that it knows it's breaking my chains. It stares at me, with it's big ol' grin on it's face.

Everytime I see Floatzel mixed in with my Magnemites, it makes me want to hurt it in the worst possible way with grass or electric type moves. If I did that though, I'd end up chaining Floatzels.:boom:

I've been chaining Magnemites for a while now.

Everytime the chain breaks at 20-36, ever time, it's the same pokemon. Floatzel. That stupid pokemon with the big stupid grin on it's face. It's look that it gives me almost makes me think that it knows it's breaking my chains. It stares at me, with it's big ol' grin on it's face.

Everytime I see Floatzel mixed in with my Magnemites, it makes me want to hurt it in the worst possible way with grass or electric type moves. If I did that though, I'd end up chaining Floatzels.:boom:

Are you using a pokemon with Magnet Pull or Static in the front of your party? It increases the encounter rate for Magnemite.

Are you using a pokemon with Magnet Pull or Static in the front of your party? It increases the encounter rate for Magnemite.
That doesn't matter, because other than Floatzel, the rest of the pokemon in the particular spot of grass I chain in have three other electrics.

One is the evolved form of Shinx, the other is Electabuzz, I forgot the third one, but I remember it being another electric, I just don't see it as often.

Your idea may still be a good one, but I dislike having to throw out a pokemon with one of those abilities, and then constantly pull it back for the fighting pokemon during a chaining.

Hi guys =D

So far I have caught four shiny pokemon using the pokeradar, and each time it's been at under 27 chained pokemon. I got a Growlithe and a Larvitar yesterday, the former at about 6 and the latter at about 16. Yay luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom