• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shiny Pokémon with the Pokéradar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Shiny Pokemon with the Pokeradar

Wow 2days ago I came back to chaining and did great heres my catch:
1 shiny electabuzz(chain 40)
6 shiny magnamites(chain 40 to 46)
3 shiny pinsirs(chain 40 to 56, I got bored and was trying to break the chain but it wouldn't break for awhile lol)
11 shinys in one day I was happy.

Last edited:

Nooshers: We all wish we had that kind of luck, congrat!
sstargate1995: WOW! That is a good day of chaining! Congrats!

Good Luck everyone :)

Yh it was a good day but since then hasnt been so good, I've tried chaining everything ponyta,hondour, voltorb, pachirisu, corsola, ralts, poochyena, skarmory, togepi and even starly but none of them will work the highest I got was 38 togepis which was broken on a square 7 steps away I just can't work out why it broke :(. But I'm not going to give up I promised myself I would get more shinys and thats what I'm gonna do.

I've decided on beldum as I really like the shiny form but I'm having trouble just getting dawns sister to say it's swarming I've spent like 2hrs changing the time but she just waon't say it.

Ok so she finally told me beldum was swarming, so I went to route 228 and have started chaining up to 30 and still going :). Yes got the chain to 40 I'm in the clear now nothings gonna stop me getting shiny beldum! I can't wait to see that sparkle. Just got a fright walked into a patch above me but luckily it had a beldum in it.

final shiny count:4 ran out of pokeballs but I'm happy :D

Last edited:

Yh it was a good day but since then hasnt been so good, I've tried chaining everything ponyta,hondour, voltorb, pachirisu, corsola, ralts, poochyena, skarmory, togepi and even starly but none of them will work the highest I got was 38 togepis which was broken on a square 7 steps away I just can't work out why it broke :(. But I'm not going to give up I promised myself I would get more shinys and thats what I'm gonna do.

I've decided on beldum as I really like the shiny form but I'm having trouble just getting dawns sister to say it's swarming I've spent like 2hrs changing the time but she just waon't say it.

Ok so she finally told me beldum was swarming, so I went to route 228 and have started chaining up to 30 and still going :). Yes got the chain to 40 I'm in the clear now nothings gonna stop me getting shiny beldum! I can't wait to see that sparkle. Just got a fright walked into a patch above me but luckily it had a beldum in it.

wooow nice work :)

i wish i could chain a beldum ... im currently playing my platinum and i heard that in platinum chaining is much easier meybe i can get a beldum in platinum :p wish me luck :p

wooow nice work :)

i wish i could chain a beldum ... im currently playing my platinum and i heard that in platinum chaining is much easier meybe i can get a beldum in platinum :p wish me luck :p

Good luck the beldum isn't really hard just annoying I got to 40 on my second trie so.....

Unrelated to chaining I tried soft reseting for some shiny starters in soul silver and got shiny cyndaquil 30mins in, I must be getting luckier :).

More unrelated stuff on my way to goldenrod city to sr for shiny sandshrew I came across a shiny slowpoke in slowpoke well! Man I'm gettin lucky now.

Last edited:

oke guys i serieusly need to calm down ... cus im soo happy right now :p

i dont care anymore if i can chain a shiny beldum or any other pokemon cus just a few seconds ago i was helping my little brother filling up his sinnoh pokedex and the last pokemon we needed was rotom...

a whole rotom story :
so this is what i did : i went to eterna city and i went to that litte ghost house thingy and when i talked to the tv and encountered rotom i though 'hey this rotom sure looks different from the one i caughtin diamond ' and when i saw the sparkles i was sure ;)

a shiny rotom :eek: :eek: :eek: on my first encounter without any soft resets i was soo ******* happy :):yahoo: :) :yahoo::):yahoo: but then i felt awfull when i went to his bag and saw that he only had 5 balls
i just calmed down and i decided to use false swipe ( ya stupid me :p )

off course false swipe didnt had any effect :(

and since i only had pokemon of lvl 60 - 80 with me i couldn't do anything

but then i saw my hm slave he was lvl 28 so he could damage rotom a little i looked at his move and i saw this :

- strengt
- rock smash
- rock climb
- cut

-_-' ( a litte explenation :p those are all normal moves exept 4 rock smash wich is fighting and they all got no effect on rotom :'( )

and then when i only got 2 dusk balls left i caught is :)

end of the story :p

and now im proud owner of a

100% shiny modest nature rotom :)

I've just started chaining pokemon, and of course I had to begin with a difficult one - Vulpix. So far my highest chain is 19, It's difficult I think because there's only 8% chance of a Vulpix appearing anyways and you need to have Leafgreen in the GBA slot as it is. I don't know if I should just cut my losses when I get to 20 and just keep resetting or try to make it to 40? What are people's experiences? Will it take me just as long to keep resetting with a chain of 20 as it would to get to 40 with my current bad luck?

I'm determined regardless, the prospect of an awesome shiny Ninetales is enough to keep me going! ^_^

I was trying to chain Beldum as well ( I still am) but my chain got broken by a hippowdon because i forgot one of the rules. NEVER FORGET IT: Do NOT walk directly up after your battle.

I was trying to chain Beldum as well ( I still am) but my chain got broken by a hippowdon because i forgot one of the rules. NEVER FORGET IT: Do NOT walk directly up after your battle.

Ahh my most hated rule and the one I usually fail to remember.

Wow good job!

I recently got a shiny Beldum from Sring but I haven't had much time to chain and my file in Platinum got corrupted so Uhaven't been bothered restarting to get the Pokeradar...yet. Anyways Good Luck to all!

Thanks for the info,tiem to break out the PokeRadar!

Well, after more SRing for shiny Drifloon, I'm gonna go for a shiny Hoppip. Although, my luck with chaining has been pretty bad, but I'm sure I'll do better now that I've gotten excellent tips from Totoro's awesome site! :D
I actually have gotten a shiny on a chain before. Baltoy on a chain of 10, the patch was behind my character's head. Now here's where the irony comes in, I was chaining NOSEPASS :p

i can't really chain...i try to but i only get to about 6 can you help me!!!plzz

I myself have chained successfully quite a lot, though it took a while to get there. However, it is most important to always have enough super repels on hand. I had 56 and it wasn't enough. I can't tell you how heart broken I was that I got a chain up to 40 and then my freakin' repels ran out. It's a lousy feeling, and so everyone who wants to chain, I insist that they have at least 100 super repels on hand. I know it sounds expensive, but it's worth it, trust me.

joey.298: Here is a link to Totoro's awsome guide. It is a great place to start and if you still have any questions, feel free to ask us :)
http://totorosinsights.weebly.com/

Good luck everyone :)

Alright I was chaining at the route before the last gym leaders town and wasnt expect a shiny patch for a while, but I did I was like what the... at the 3rd link too. and it was floatzel my 2nd shiny ever excluding red gyrados from gold, this inspires me taht I can do this!

Just got a shiny Corsola today through chaining! She is so beautiful!! Everyone out there, you can do it too. Chaining just takes patience, and a lot of super repels!

ive had horrible luch lately. uve followed all of the rules and a 7-space away patch always breaks it. at least this has given me time to EV train some of my other shinies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom