• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shiny Pokémon with the Pokéradar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Shiny Pokemon with the Pokeradar

I recently started using the PokeRadar a lot. Im totally serious about chaining. I randomly decided to chain Shinx one day. I followed all the rules and reset the Radar many times. I got the chain up to 40 eventually. I started getting really nervous and excited. I started resetting the radar and while doing so accidently ran into a couple patches, which luckily were shinx. I was using a Raichu with Static, so I was raining in the Shinx. After I hit 44, I decided i better go to bed before I did something stupid and break the chain. The next morning, I stated resetting the radar again. I dont know how long it was and then I saw the first Shiny Patch. I caught my first shiny Shinx, then continued. right afterwards a second shiny patch appeared after that one it was a while before the 3rd. I accidently goofed and killed that shinx. It continued and caught my 3rd shiny shinx. By this time my chain had hit 54. Then after a while, i saw another shiny patch, that was on the edge, I knew my chain could break but I went in anyway. I braced myself for the Shinx, but it wasnt a shin shinx, it was a shiny Sentret. I caught it and named it Hazel. I tell this story alot.

I continued to try to chain various Pokemon, but I couldnt get a 40 chain again. I felt discoraged and took a break for a couple days. Yesterday I was chainig in Rt. 229, and met Ariados. I decided to chain it so, I got the chain to 14, then I reset the Radar and saw a shiny Patch. I caught the shiny Ariados, and named her Aracnia. I was excited, then I walked into a bad patch and met a Pidgey.

My next Project is going to be Eevee. I need 6 shiny Eevee, so I get get every shiny Eeveelution. as part of that undertaking, I am collecting Synchronizers. I have chained Ralts a couple times, no shinies, but im more worried abou t collecting Ralts with Synhcronize in every nature. Once thats done i need to level them up to chain with. Then Im going after Eevee in the trophy garden. It'll probably take a long time.

I have a couple other targets they are:

Sentret- its cool shiny
Buneary- to evolve because I love Lopunny.
Growlithe
Absol

I love the Poke Radar, even though its really hard to chain.

My next Project is going to be Eevee. I need 6 shiny Eevee, so I get get every shiny Eeveelution. as part of that undertaking, I am collecting Synchronizers. I have chained Ralts a couple times, no shinies, but im more worried abou t collecting Ralts with Synhcronize in every nature. Once thats done i need to level them up to chain with. Then Im going after Eevee in the trophy garden. It'll probably take a long time.

you need 7 for all the eevee evo's dude - good luck with it though!

yeah i couldn't find any Eevees even tho Mr.Backlot said they were there...
I shouldn't complain though i got my first chained shiny today (first day trying it) and after found a shiny ponyta eventually at a chain of 3! I was so amazed... hope this luck carries.

I need help! I found a shiny spearow, but now my chain only goes up to 5. I am very unlucky right now. What should I do?

Pokemon1234: It is always good to take a break. I've had some very unlucky streaks, and it is best to walk away for a bit and come back fresh. Remember to take your time. You may be making a mistake without realizing it. Slow down and follow the "rules" and your luck will change back again. Congrats on the shiny!

Good Luck evryone :)

I followed your advice, and found another shiny. Thanks for the info!

Just had a Beldum chain break at 39.
39!!! :banghead:

POkemon1234: Congrats, that great!
Turble: I'm so sorry. It really sucks when that happens. Sorry :-(

Okay it's a sign!
Beldum is swarming AGAIN!
You will be mine you gold and silver wonder!
Edit: Just got a chain of 40 on it and a shiny appeared, it eventually struggled and killed itself before I could catch it, right after I forgot to switch back to my lead pokemon as I had a pokemon with yawn in the front which means repels effect didn't work and I encountered a Hippowdown.
I is sad. =[
Double edit: I chained 40 Beldum again. I've used around 30 max repels and still no patch. I am growing weary of this. This sandstorm is becoming quite irritating.

Last edited:

oh dude i'm feeling that pain - had a shiny lugia struggle & die on me!!! hang on in there dude - i eventually caught a timid shiny lugia in a normal pokeball after false swipe / sleep / first throw!

false swiping can be risky - i often use the move that halves HP (super fang? i'm always mixing that name up with hyper fang!?!) & throwing balls on 1/4 energy is pretty effective

Yes is it possible to get a shiny Mudkip in Emerald because I've been SRing for months

It is, but I'm very sorry to say that Emerald's random numbr generator is broken, which means you can't Soft Reset for shinies. =/

If you have Ruby, Saphire, Heartgold or Soulsilver you can Soft Reset for a shiny Mudkip though.

I did it!!!
That shiny Beldum is mine!!
Now I have to have self-control and catch a few more before I leave this patch to go see it. >_<

Turble: Congrats!!!! That is one of the hardest to chain. Way to go :)

just started this last night, this morning I caught my first shiny through this method! A shiny bidoof. Eh, pretty miserable pokémon, but my chain was seven. I'm assuming that's pretty lucky, right?

I have a deep problem. Everytime I see a shiny, I feel the urge to own it. Even if it's on the battle videos at the gts 8-|. I just wish Bibarel had a better movepool. It seems like nothing but hm's.

I caught my first shiny by chain today! Chained 40 Shinx then reset til I found a shiny, tried to keep the chain going after but it broke at 51. The longest chain I'd ever got before was 13 Larvitar. Sparks (I know, original) now joins my other 3 shiny's whom I got in random encounters. =D

finally got a chain of 40 eevee. it took hundreds of hours and repels but i finally did it.

ive got 1.4k repels and im gonna catch like 20 of these little basterds. who wants one?

pokemon1234, taking a break is definitely good idea. ive been trying for the eevee for months, i played through heartgold then came back and got it on the first try.

turble, when one that i want gets that close to 40 i usually start reseting early, or adopt a very conservative strategy. i stopped the eevee chain at 37 and started reseting

and the chain broke at 45 when i went to a shiny patch on the edge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom