• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shiny Pokémon with the Pokéradar

Status
Not open for further replies.
so yesterday i chained for the first time in a very long time and caught 4 shiny slakoths. it felt really good. i think im gonna get back into this. =)

I tried chaining for a roselia a few days ago so I could evolve it and have a set of budew, roselia, and roserade, but to no avail. :/

so my slakoths have really gotten me back in the groove. i got 6 shiny shellos and 7 shiny meditites in the last 2 days. =)

I've been chaining off and on for the past several months and have caught 19 separate shinies (and about 18 extras), most in one chain was four surskit. Right now, I'm going after eevees and hoping I'll have the luck and patience to get eight.

Also the last shiny I got was a ralts when I wasn't really looking for shinies in particular. I was going after synchronizers and had just started a chain, I was on the second link, all four patches were normal glittery patches and stopped shaking at the same time, I chose the one furthest away, shiny male ralts. Yeah I was pretty surprised. He's calm, so he's gonna be a gardevoir.

so yesterday i was chaining skarmory. but when i was at thirty nine my copy of pokemon black came in... i turned off and ended my chain. lol

lucky me, just pure luck and i stumbled upon a black Hippowdon:crush:

I owe pretty much all my shinies to the Pokeradar. My shiny Roserade is my alltime favorite. Buneary, Ralts, and Shinx are also some of the ones I got recently.

I am the proud owner of three shiny skitty... although my recent chain, larvitar, has been driving me insane... gotten to 40 five times and broken it all five times... ugh.

ok.... thanks... so i will need to get pokemon diamond to to get shinies?? i know there is shinies in soulsilver.. .since i saw 1 and caught one

To chain for shines with the Radar, you'd need Diamond, Pearl or Platinum, yeah. You can catch shinies in any game, but chaining in a Sinnoh game can make it much easier.

You can get Shinies by usual wild encounters at HG and SS. It's only that this chaining method can be done in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, since Poke Radar exists in those games and not anywhere else.

EDIT: ninja'd XD

thank you.... anyways... i am getting diamond soon... :D then i hunt for shinies... oh right... i am already hunting for shinies in SS ...but i had no luck yet

Just making sure, you ALWAYS reset the radar if there are two patches touching? What if they're in a diagnol?

Edit: Got a Ponyta chain up to 40 and already got 5 shinies. Though only one girl...

Last edited:
hi new to forums, joined just to comment, this guide helps a lot...but i have yet to get a chain past 39...stupid bidoofs -_- i already got a list of shinies to hunt x3

hi new to forums, joined just to comment, this guide helps a lot...but i have yet to get a chain past 39...stupid bidoofs -_- i already got a list of shinies to hunt x3

Hey welcome! Just keep at it and you'll get your shinies! And at least you didn't find a 1/8192 Shiny Bidoof...haha

EDIT: Got a wurmple chain up to forty...its going really slow though, like 1 shiny atfer like 120 resets

EDIT 2: Damn!!! Ran into a patch...at least I got 3 wurple but still...

Last edited:
New to this forum. Working on getting a shiny Venomoth, these tips helped immensely. I will now forever hate bellsprout though..

I was trying to chain Dunsparce, when I walked into a normal shaking patch and a shiny Bibarel popped up! Yeah, Bibarel, meh...but still, chance find!

Dunsparce are swarming again today, going to try again. I got Pidgey up to 40 three times a few days ago, and I broke them all. ¬_¬

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom