• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Shiny Xerneas, Shiny Yveltal, and Shiny Zygarde

shayminskyforme88

Collecting Events
Reaction score
Some hackers found Shiny Xerneas, Shiny Yveltal, and Shiny Zygarde.
What do you guys think? BTW these also appear in Serebii's X and Y Pokedex.
Xerneas
Neutral Mode
shiny-xerneas.png

Active Mode
shiny-xerneas-active-mode.png

Serebii Link: Xerneas

Yveltal

Zygarde

Last edited:
Shiny active mode Xerneas was the last of these I hadn't seen. Awesome.

I like the recurring white colour scheme for them.

It's actually the inverse of the recurring black color scheme they have in their normal forms, though it's somewhat obscured by Xerneas being associated with white/silver/lighter colors in general for some reason.

I still find their white parts very out of place, at least they could've changed their other colors a bit to make it look more natural. Yveltal now looks like some kind of candy cane, Zygarde looks nauseated and Xerneas' dark blue antlers on light blue coat doesn't quite sit right with me. Its activated form looks better, but the white still doesn't really belong there.

I love all of them *except* neutral mode Xerneas - for whatever reason it just looks goofy to me.

I like all of them, such vivid colors, and how the black basically flip-flopped to white. I wish that the shiny forms would appear as an event distribution or in a special/movie.

I like all of them, but I like Xerneas's neutral mode shiny texture better than its active mode shiny texture, which I can only see outside of battle.

I love them all so much (especially Zygarde and Xerneas) - shiny legendaries are always so special, it annoys me that Game Freak finds the need to put on shiny locks and make them unaccessible for whatever reason. Here's hoping that one day this trio and all the others that are unreleased can see the light of day (and so I can have a complete collection of shiny Rayquaza, Giratina, Kyurem and Zygarde!).

I'm with @Ange on this one, the white parts awkwardly stick out, in my opinion. Shiny Zygarde just looks so off, and I think Shiny Yveltal loses his feel as the Destruction Pokémon with that shiny coloration.

But other than a few odd quirks, I really like Shiny Xerneas's Active Mode. I think the almost-but-not-quite-matching blues in Neutral Mode was a poor choice, though (then again I was never really a fan of Xerneas's Neutral Mode anyway, so...).

Not really a fan, replacing black with white just seems lazy to me and Yveltal looks like it has two strips of bacon for its hands. Shiny legendaries tend to have worse colors IMO, so this doesn't really shake me.

I'm not really much for most shiny Pokemon, and Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde have some of my favourite regular designs, but even taking that into account... these seem ridiculously gaudy. I kind of hope they stay shiny-locked forever, for their eye-murdering powers are too great to risk unsealing.

I really like Zygarde's shiny, I think the pure white suits him. The other two look decent as well.

I can't deny it, Yveltal looks like bacon.
Though I do like all of them, especially Active Mode Xerneas :)

I don't really like Zygarde's shiny form, it looks like a half-white/half-blue cyborg lizard. I understand they attempted to add a significant amount of white for each, but it just doesn't go well with Zygarde. Xerneas's shiny is cool, it's almost surreal with its coloring. Yveltal's shiny is the best in my opinion, those white interior lines are awesome.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom