• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shippers' Paradise General Chat Thread

^ I read your Phaesporia fic "Where The Wind Blows" and it was lovely :bulbaLove: I always enjoy seeing the character dynamics between rarer pairs get explored (plus it was just a really sweet story)! I'd love to see more of your stuff around here.

Makes me want to start sharing some of my own shipfics on the forums too, but... lol I'm nervous. Just wondering, how do you guys get over the stage fright of posting your writing...? ^^;

...I don't lmao

I mean in all seriousness, I'm always nervous when I post things here (even though I haven't in a while), but the WW community is really quite nice and (shoot word's not coming to me uhh... Let's use relaxed for now), so I wouldn't expect hate of any kind there.

Point is, just try and go for it! We'd love to see what you've made ^^

I am REALLY bad at giving advice so try to take this with a grain of salt at the same time.

I mean you just post them really. I was lucky enough that I'm so passionate about Plainhive that it didn't really matter to me what other people thought about it. I just hope other people would like it and that would be it.

And ultimately that ended up working for me. My ship is my muse, my main driver as to why I create.

I was lucky enough that I'm so passionate about Plainhive that it didn't really matter to me what other people thought about it. I just hope other people would like it and that would be it.

i feel similarly to teebs lol

to be honest, when i first joined the forums i was kinda nervous abt posting abt sordsoni at all bc i was kinda worried people would look down on me or dislike me bc they thought the pairing was weird bc of how niche it is, but honestly, i just kinda pushed through it bc i was gna end up posting about it at some point sooner rather than later, so. i guess my situation is kinda different since while i do write fanfic i don't share it here and i just post my art (bc tbf, the reason i dont post my fanfic is also because i get really nervous about the idea of sharing my writing since i'm not as skilled at writing as i am at art :chansey:), but i definitely get the feeling of struggling to post stuff bc im nervous abt it. but from my perspective i think if you're sharing a work you enjoyed making, people will be able to see how that reflects in it, and i'm sure they'll be able to appreciate it for that reason if you do go for posting it

it’s harder for me to get inspiration and motivation than post them tbh

I feel like I’m out there enough and I know you guys are great so I don’t really worry if people like them? Like maybe if I were on a different site maybe but here I know you guys won’t judge. It’s like how irl I gave up on dressing how other people would think is “nice” and dressing for myself because I know (most) of these people and they won’t judge. And even if they do, I don’t care at this point

Just wondering, how do you guys get over the stage fright of posting your writing...? ^^;
I've got a secret, that only the PROs know about... Don't tell anyone else but...
Make sure the fic is not finished so you don't have to post it ! :lapras: :lapras:

In all seriousness, as far as my ship goes, since one of them is a crossover ship, I was a bit nervous that this sort of thing would be a bit frowned upon, but turns out it's not ! Thing is, I haven't post much of anything regarding this crossover ship of mine since I've been focused so much on getting that draft going to begin with ><

Yeahhh I feel that, that's exactly why I've never gone through with it before. At least the forums are full of nice people that I feel like I already know pretty well, so I'm not really afraid of harsh comments or anything like I would be elsewhere. It's just the reading it that can be scary :confused:

If people wanna judge then let 'em judge, it's all subjective anyway — but what always trips me up is that I feel like there's kind of a harder limit as to how much of my creative vision I can get across with my writing, compared to a visual form of art like drawing? I don't really have as much experience nor as wide of a frame of reference when it comes to fanfic (plus I'm a big perfectionist), so I can't help getting a little nervous not knowing how it will be interpreted by the reader, if that makes sense.
Not to mention I'm just kind of shy about sharing my shippy fanwork in general, lol. Like, I put these two fictional characters on a date. DON'T LOOK AT ME, I'M ASHAMED. D:

Anyway, just rambling. I wasn't expecting so many kind and insightful responses to that question!! I'm sure just ripping off the bandaid won't be so bad. I do really want to put it out there, and it's one of those things that only gets easier the more you do it, I imagine.

Makes me want to start sharing some of my own shipfics on the forums too, but... lol I'm nervous. Just wondering, how do you guys get over the stage fright of posting your writing...? ^^;
A certain subway master and I will hound you about it until you do so there's that:yay:

Hoooonestly? If you keep on doing it it feels less 'weird' I think!! Confidence is hard to get, though... if you ever are worried about the quality of your work I'm down to beta read stuff for you, though!

(I remember talking with that same subway master about her being much less confident in her writing rather than her art? And of course, I'm the exact opposite, though she's much better at me than both ehehe... so your thoughts about that make lots of sense too!)

One thing I will say is that I happen to have had decent graces of having brainworms for characters who aren't... Too popular? Whitney is infamous more than anything. And I'd actually argue that in recent years Bugsy is more popular than Whitney (or at least my time on gaypoketwt would lead me to believe that), but as a whole those two are way less common than say, I dunno, Blue, Morty, Raihan, Sonia, Zinnia, you get the idea. So I think my ship of the two has really carved my "niche" and has given me something that has felt pretty special to me. I think a rarepair is really good at that, but even if your OTP is a really common ship it shouldn't detract from your passion for them.

teebs sent photos using the feature in the plainhive thread so i feel the need to bring up here how much of a blessing the photo feature in masters is for shippers. obviously i cant do my main ship yet bc sordward isnt in masters but currently ive been taking some silly piers x sonia photos as well as some other pairings i like and im having far too much fun with it

TO ALL SHIPPERS please use the Masters photo feature it's so good.
1000016539.jpg
1000016536.jpg
And your's truly, Plainhive!
1000016453.jpg

WTF THE IKEBANA ONE HAD ME SENDING. in terms of cuteness i mean like i think i died a few times and resurrected because ?? i didn't think this statement out very well actually all i know is that it was adorable asf
MMMMMFFF the plainhive one also simply radiates pure joy and love

TO ALL SHIPPERS please use the Masters photo feature it's so good.

I don't play Pokémon Master, but our fellow comrades would never miss this opportunity, especially after the end of the anime, to propagate Ash's Ships.

So, here's one of the most adorable ones:

Serena-Ash.png

Last edited:
This function just makes me wish they'd get on adding the rest of the Paldea gym leaders faster... (And even then I'm almost CERTAIN they won't add Kofu syo I'll nyever be able to properly push The Agenda...
minioverwhelmed.png
at least Tulip getting added is fairly likely syo someone could probably do SOMETHING NewDarling related in my stead.)

Back
Top Bottom