• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shippers' Paradise General Chat Thread

i'm glad y'all liked it, thank you!!! i've been accused of being too verbose before and of talking too much, so i can be a bit self-conscious about leaving walls of text, but i'm utterly incapable of being succinct....plus, i'd have felt bad, if i had hijacked someone else's headcanon and ran off in a completely different direction than they'd have liked, so i'm glad that wasn't the case, and that my perspective didn't detract from the envisioned essence of this ship! XD

join us in the curse of insane off the rails crackshipping
already on it (im way too obsessed with aliceinfreezershipping (kofu x wulfric) god help me)
I LOVE HEARTLOCKET KISS GIFS..i have them for both of my main ships bc i love making silly gifs dhfh
how do u make those...
minicry.png
theyre WAY TOO SILLY and i wanna make them for my ships

do you mind me asking, why did you decide to ship wulfric/kofu (i believe that's the ship you're talking about)? i've been contemplating shipping kofu w/ wattson, bc that seaweed he was desperate to get was from hoenn iirc, so i used that as a bit of a springboard into a headcanon that he'd be nostalgic for something from hoenn bc it reminded him of someone he loved (and wattson struck me as the best person from that region who'd vibe w/ kofu, which concludes the logic train my brain has been following). but i'm always curious about the thought processes behind ppl's crack ships, and (as i think i demonstrated up-thread w/ katy/guzma XP) i'm also always willing to expand my headcanon horizons w/ other ppl's ideas about characters!

do you mind me asking, why did you decide to ship wulfric/kofu (i believe that's the ship you're talking about)? i've been contemplating shipping kofu w/ wattson, bc that seaweed he was desperate to get was from hoenn iirc, so i used that as a bit of a springboard into a headcanon that he'd be nostalgic for something from hoenn bc it reminded him of someone he loved (and wattson struck me as the best person from that region who'd vibe w/ kofu, which concludes the logic train my brain has been following). but i'm always curious about the thought processes behind ppl's crack ships, and (as i think i demonstrated up-thread w/ katy/guzma XP) i'm also always willing to expand my headcanon horizons w/ other ppl's ideas about characters!
im gonna be honest. it came to me in a dream (the name aliceinfreezershipping did too actually)
and i remembered it and thought it would be cute when i woke up
miniwaku.png

crackships are like. most of my favorite ships. i love taking characters that have never interacted and making them kiss

proton/sidney/grimsley. ariana/melony. proton/karen. et cetera. as well as headcanoning certain characters as related (calem, grimsley, piers, marnie, and giacomo are all related in some way in my pokeverse)

also big fan of guzma/katy tbh that's really cute!!!

i also really love crackshipping as well (understatement of the century, really XP)....in thinking about how characters who've never met before would interact w/ each other, it turns each ship into a mini creative writing exercise for my brain. and since i'm the type of person who has to have reasons for a ship ("they'd look cute together" is never a good enough reason on its own for my brain XD), it can also turn into a fun little scavenger hunt, looking for clues in their canon lore to potentially point me in a particular direction for a ship (see exhibit A above, where i took kofu wanting hoenn seaweed from the auction, and from that my brain deduced that i should ship him w/ someone from hoenn XD). and i love reading about other ppl's crack ships, bc there's far more originality and creativity and actual discussions to be had, rather than just endlessly reiterating the same talking points that you tend to see with more mainstream ships. and i really love getting introduced to new perspectives and ideas that i hadn't considered before; like, being honest, i would have never in a million years thought to put katy and guzma together in a ship, but when it was mentioned in this thread, it was like my brain did a bit of a record scratch, and was like, wait, hang on a moment, i think there's actually a thread here that you can pull on---and when i did, that whole post i did earlier just flowed out w/ hardly any effort at all, and now i'm genuinely debating about adding it to my shipping list. moments like that are so fun and magical to me, and i feel like you just don't get that outside of crackshipping, or at least not as often.

Personally I have a hard time getting super attached to crack ships - generally a ship needs have at least some form of canon dynamic for me to really fall for it (although there are a few exceptions like HildaxRosa). That being said, crack ships are really fun! I love when people come up with random pairs and imagine what the dynamic would be even if it doesn't actually exist. And with a series like Pokemon that has so many characters across all the different games and anime and whatnot the possibilities are basically endless.

on the topic of rarepairs/crackships, anyone have thoughts on kris/lyra ...? i've been thinking about it all day...........

when I was younger, people used to call Bugsy and Whitney a crackship.

Two gym leaders in the same region who are pretty close to each other. crazy

Now a days crackships to me are like. Joey Wheeler x XY Breeder Trainer Class Lady lolllll

when I was younger, people used to call Bugsy and Whitney a crackship.

Two gym leaders in the same region who are pretty close to each other. crazy

Now a days crackships to me are like. Joey Wheeler x XY Breeder Trainer Class Lady lolllll
i mean, do they directly interact in canon? i'm fairly sure the definition of "crackship" back in ye olden days was just "characters who don't interact with each other on-screen". though i guess in the case of pokemon, that'd make the majority of ships that don't include the protag crackships... the definition shifting to "characters from different sources/from different installments in a single series" was definitely for the best lol.

Back
Top Bottom