• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Notice Shipping Holidays

Luna Tiger

Cheers to the Freeze
Reaction score
A friend of mine asked me, "Are there certain days that 'shippers consider 'special'?"

I told her, "Yes, but I'm not sure which days they are. I will find out." So here is this thread.

As a 'shipper, there are days you feel like celebrating. I know a couple threads have celebrated it in the past. So what days, as 'shippers, have you celebrated for your couple of choice? And why?

*just to keep track; it's all very handy*

Friend also asked why Franticshipping was celebrated on June 3rd. Turns out RuSa = 63. We figured out MangaQuest has a similar celebration date: May 9th (GoKuri). In case you were a fan and ever wondered. (Further looking gets SpecialJewelshipping April 30th, but no idea how Crystal = 30.)

Rocketshippers celebrate March 5th, because that's the day DP117 aired. That episode is considered our shippiest episode yet. We also like the number 117 and think of it as lucky/special.

Advanceshipping day is November 21st.

As to why... I don't entirely remember.

Edit: Now I do!

November 21st is the the day AG001 premiered in Japan.

According to my subscription module on YT, Contestshipping day was yesterday! (July 10th) That was Drew and May's first encounter in the Japanese version, I believe.

Ikarishipping day is June 28th, because of DP016, when Dawn flashed her panties at Paul :p (English airdate, English fandom)

Comashipping day was voted to be on October 25th on the Serebii forums because that was the day that Paul gave Ash back his soothbells ;_; (Japanese airdate, English fandom)

EDIT: Pokeshipping day is November 7th. Not exactly sure why...though I could ask a few friends.
Pearlshipping Day is September 28th (according to some, due to the japanese airdate of DP001 being that day) and for some reason...July 19th for others (a LOOOOT of fanartists/amv editors prefer this date over the other). I have no idea where this date comes from, though...

EDIT2: Okay, according to a source I have, Pearlshipping Day is July 19th because...that's when the concept was born? (I'm guessing through promotional art and whatnot...) IDK @_@

Last edited:
July 10th was the day when AG033 (Now That's Flower Power! , aka Shuu/Drew's episode debut) was aired in Japan for the first time, I've seen few (but very few) Contestshippers using this day to celebrate the pairing by creating fanart and fanfiction. (unrelated, I find it funny how this shipping still somehow alive... but only outside pokemon forums xD where are you Contestshipping fans lol)

(unrelated, I find it funny how this shipping still somehow alive... but only outside pokemon forums xD where are you Contestshipping fans lol)

Most popular characters and/or ships are still discussed years after characters depart. I think the fact that both the Contestshipping and Advanceshipping fandoms are still going YEARS after AG ended shows the popularity of said characters and ships. May definitely had some of the most popular ships in the fandom, and it shows....even if the community for both has died down a bit due to the passage of time.

I do remember people celebrating ship holidays over at Serebii's shipping section...not so much over here. Sometimes I lurk SPP's shipping section and I saw Pearlshippers celebrating the day DP1 aired last September....I also remember Contest/Advance shippers doing the same.

Okay, I got an answer as to why Pokeshipping day is on Nov. 7th:

"November 7th is the day that PHS, the first Pokeshipping group uploaded their first MEP :3
Gotta Catch You Later came out coincidentally on the 7th too."

Note: PHS is an anime music video group on youtube - YouTube - ‪PokeshippingHS's Channel‬‏
Note 2: MEP = Multiple Editor Project (a video with several editors)

I know that this is pretty recognized in the youtube community, but fanartists from deviantart take it too.

What would be the dates for Imaginationshipping {AshxBel} and AshxLangley?

From what I know, a lot of the smaller/newer ships don't have their own dates unless they have an active community. For instance, CafeMocahshipping is lacking a special day :( All dates are chosen by fancommunities anyways, usually through mutual agreement. A lot are established by shipping forums on Serebii.

So...if you partake in certain shipping discussions...I suppose you could suggest a logical date yourself ^^

From what I know, a lot of the smaller/newer ships don't have their own dates unless they have an active community. For instance, CafeMocahshipping is lacking a special day :( All dates are chosen by fancommunities anyways, usually through mutual agreement. A lot are established by shipping forums on Serebii.

So...if you partake in certain shipping discussions...I suppose you could suggest a logical date yourself ^^

Darn it, did you pick a date for CafeMochashipping yet? We need to pick some thing for these small ships I guess like you said =[
Think I need to find which episode Bel appeared in and pick that one for Imaginationshipping. For AshxLangley I'm going to choose
The episode they battle together in the tournament.

Darn it, did you pick a date for CafeMochashipping yet? We need to pick some thing for these small ships I guess like you said =[
Think I need to find which episode Bel appeared in and pick that one for Imaginationshipping. For AshxLangley I'm going to choose
The episode they battle together in the tournament.
There's no date as far as I'm concerned, but I think the best place to bring it up would be the Cafemocashipping club on PokeCommunity, since it seems to be the most active place for discussion there. A special date for me would be October 14th, since that was Dento's first appearance in the anime...and already, so many things happened between him and Ash XD But, wishfulshippers might fight for that day too...So my second option would be oct. 21st, since it has that EXTREMELY shippy scene with Dento shooting himself across the table to get more info on Ash X3

*ahem* But, uh...yeah. This isn't the best place for this XD *points to fanclub*

Heh, those sound nice. But be sure to talk to other shippers about it to try to spread the word...Shipping holidays are usually established so fanartists have a day to create works especially nice for their favorite shipping...the more agreement you have over it, the better ^^

Clarification: I say PC, but I might be biased since I frequent there more than the other sites for shipping (and a user on there actually has a fansite dedicated to the ship) XD Serebii also has a cafemocha community that is also about as active...

Last edited:
*headscratch* Probably need to trawl pixiv, too, at some point. So any dates we /don't/ have from Serebii? I probably need to keep in order which forum celebrates what. ... =o I should just go ask them, too.

Most popular characters and/or ships are still discussed years after characters depart. I think the fact that both the Contestshipping and Advanceshipping fandoms are still going YEARS after AG ended shows the popularity of said characters and ships. May definitely had some of the most popular ships in the fandom, and it shows....even if the community for both has died down a bit due to the passage of time.
Seriously, NOT the place to discuss this.

Sorry for the dumb question, but is there a Palletshipping day?

Sorry for the dumb question, but is there a Palletshipping day?

Strangely enough, I don't think so...I tried searching other popular forums and google, and the only thing I could find was a face book group that declared it to be June 6th through a multiple number generator...I'm sure that one could protest that with a more meaningful date XD

(I don't have much of a say in this, but might I suggest the finale of the Johto League? :3)

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom