• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shipping-killer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This thread is for anti-shippers that want to destroy shipping and not just saying ''i hate shipping''.Please,no flame wars or anything that break the rules.
Here are the shippings i kill:
All shippings between humansXpokémon-just as romantic love between humans and animals
is impossible,romantical love between humans and pokémon can't happen.
All shippings with no evidence-no need to explain.
Shippings between anythingXnon-living thing-again,no need to explain.
Shippings between fansXcharacters-fans might even rommantically love the characters,but characters are characters,they don't exist.
Shippings between characters that hate each other-no need to explain

Last edited:
All shippings between humansXpokémon-just as romantic love between humans and animals is impossible,romantical love between humans and pokémon can't happen.

how do you know? :/
some lady IRL fell in love with an amusement park ride and married it. so IMHO, humanxpoke relationships aren't that far out there
plus, there are some very humanoid pokemon with very human characteristic [gardevoir, lucario, a few of the legendaries, etc. etc.]

All shippings with no evidence-no need to explain.

>|
actually, i do think this deserves an explanation. if i believe that two characters would work nicely together romantically, does it really matter if they've met and interacted in canon? do i really need to justify my pairing choices?
canon is not the end-all be-all, my friend. one fun thing about fandom, in case you haven't realized, is getting to explore relationships and scenarios that might not be present or delved into too deeply in canon.

in the same vein, i'd like to "kill" all pairings where there is actual "evidence," simply because they're all boring as hell
my personal opinion: if you need evidence to ship something, you suffer from small-mindedness and a lack of creativity ;]

How do you "destroy" a shipping? Go to the writers and tell them not to make it canon?

I think crack shippings are okay, because the fans don't actually believe that the shipping will happen. They do it just for fun. Not my thing, though.

And Altoshipping did happen, though it's just one-sided and possibly human x human.

Foundless and ridiculous, as a jest or "for real"...which is furthermore ridiculous, simply because you cannot "kill" or "destroy" an idea based on fantasy that one or many support. The point of the thread is to flaunt a tactic that's impossible. Thanks, but no thanks.

*closes*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom