• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ships you dislike

unfortunately the fandom attracts a lot of ppl who think m/m relationships can't exist without being sexual even if the characters r kids/teens... ppl like that made me stop liking akitoya as much as i used to even though toya is still one of my favs View attachment 179753
Yeah it’s sad, I’ve seen someone put really sexual things of akitoya in their custom profile. T-T

I think as time goes on I really do dislike amor. And it isn't because of the fans, it just feels weird that they took one of the older protags, made her younger, and just slammed her in with Ash.

Then again I've always been a strong believer of AroAce Ash so I dunno how much that plays in here.

Might actually be a bit of a surprise coming from me, but I've never once been able to wrap my head around the idea of EgoShipping.
I've got no problem randomly pairing off my faves with each other, and I even multiship Misty with a whole lot of different characters these days, but... I guess I just don't get this one, honestly. The small handful of times she and Gary spoke during the series, I never noticed them to get along particularly well, even platonically...? That's not a knock on pairings without a lot of interactions to their name — I just never felt like there was anything there. They're acquainted but that's kinda the extent of it.

Not to mention, the most common fanon interpretation of it that I've seen seems to be really focused on jealousy and love triangles, which is something that always kinda irks me regardless of the characters involved. I find it hard to feel invested in any ship that's more preoccupied with rivalling some other pairing (in this case Pokeshipping) just for the sake of it, than it is a genuine belief that they'd be good for each other.

It's kind of a shame 'cuz I really love both of them separately, but their friendship has about as much depth as a puddle. :c

I went back through this thread and it reminded me how the widespread shipping community for Pokémon was mostly anime! I'm that weird Pokémon fan that largely only interacts with the franchise via the games so most of my ships are game only and not anime.

I already mentioned before that I don't like shipping Falkner with women, but another Falkner ship that really has put a bad taste in my mouth is Earlyshipping (Bugsy x Falkner). Not EVERY fan approaches the ship like this, but almost all content I've ever stumbled across this ship is from Asian artists who seemingly enjoy the ship with an age gap-y angle to it and it just makes me quite uncomfortable. I hc Falkner as being an adult in the games, and Bugsy is Bugsy, so it just rubs me the wrong way the same way Ferriswheelshipping would.

For some reason my Twitter timeline kept pushing this one artist who shipped Clair with Lance. I don't think I need to explain why I wouldn't like that ship lol

I also wasn't much of a fan of Resistance (Morty x Whitney) either. It felt a lot like people just wanted to ship what they considered a hot guy with what they considered a hot lady. And on the surface there's nothing wrong with that, I just see a lack of chemistry, even approaching it with an opposite's attract angle. I'm much more open to say, RollingWindShipping (Falkner x Whitney) even if I generally don't like pairing Falkner with girls!

I wish there were more Bugsy ships out there! He's been pretty unpopular for so long. I consider myself a Whitney multi (even though plainhive is the TRUTH) but I haven't seen many Bugsy pairings for me to have a serious opinion on multi-ing him.

Anyways. I think in a franchise like Pokémon where ages tend to be only implied, if at all, it is important to remember that sometimes a ship that isn't problematic to someone can appear to be that to another. My preferred Falkner ship is Honor (Morty x Falkner), and of course I envision both as adults, but one of my oomfs thinks Falkner is a fair bit younger than Morty and that ship bothers them. Neither of us are in the wrong, so we just respect each other's boundaries.

Might actually be a bit of a surprise coming from me, but I've never once been able to wrap my head around the idea of EgoShipping.
I've got no problem randomly pairing off my faves with each other, and I even multiship Misty with a whole lot of different characters these days, but... I guess I just don't get this one, honestly. The small handful of times she and Gary spoke during the series, I never noticed them to get along particularly well, even platonically...? That's not a knock on pairings without a lot of interactions to their name — I just never felt like there was anything there. They're acquainted but that's kinda the extent of it.

Not to mention, the most common fanon interpretation of it that I've seen seems to be really focused on jealousy and love triangles, which is something that always kinda irks me regardless of the characters involved. I find it hard to feel invested in any ship that's more preoccupied with rivalling some other pairing (in this case Pokeshipping) just for the sake of it, than it is a genuine belief that they'd be good for each other.

It's kind of a shame 'cuz I really love both of them separately, but their friendship has about as much depth as a puddle. :c
Egoshipping is very much a fanworks type of ship for me - I've read some great Egoshipping fics in the past, and seen some pretty cute fanart. But canon wise it does absolutely nothing for me.

honestly, i hate to say this, but i dont like journeyshipping. i GUESS it could work as a one-sided crush with goh liking ash, but im still not fond of it. i fully support aroace ash, so i dont engage with most ash ships, but this one in particular just kinda gets on my nerves. obviously no hate to anyone who likes this one, its just not my thing!

honestly, i hate to say this, but i dont like journeyshipping. i GUESS it could work as a one-sided crush with goh liking ash, but im still not fond of it. i fully support aroace ash, so i dont engage with most ash ships, but this one in particular just kinda gets on my nerves. obviously no hate to anyone who likes this one, its just not my thing!
Yeah idk the fandom, from what I've seen from the corners of my eye, treat Goh really weirdly.

A lot of Ash ships work really well one-sided, but I too believe in AroAce Ash.

Back
Top Bottom