• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shoddy OU with Stealth Rock

Status
Not open for further replies.

bz313

Reaction score
Aerodactyl with Focus Sash, Jolly Nature
6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Stealth Rock
-Taunt
The stealth rocker and the lead. Taunt's for other Aerodactyls.

Metagross with Choice Band, Adamant Nature
252 HP/236 Atk/12 Def/8 Spd
-Earthquake
-Explosion
-Meteor Mash
-Thunderpunch
The physical tank

Starmie with Choice Scarf, Timid Nature
6 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spd
-Grass Knot
-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
The special sweeper.

Rotom-Spin with Leftovers, Modest Nature
252 HP/216 Spd/40 Spd
-Air Slash
-Confuse Ray
-Shadow Ball
-Thunder Wave
The annoyer. This guy gets used the least, so I'm trying to fix him somehow.

Blissey with Leftovers, Calm Nature
252 Def/80 SAtk/176 SDef
-Flamethrower
-Protect
-Toxic
-Wish
The special wall/wish passer.

Dusknoir with Leftovers, Impish Nature
252 HP/30 Atk/228 SDef
-Earthquake
-Pain Split
-Thunderpunch
-Will-O-Wisp
The special and physical wall.

Any suggestions would really be helpful. Also, there's a slight weakness regarding dark moves from the other side. If there's a Pokemon that could fix that, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

OK, if I forgot to put something, I'm really sorry, but could someone please post something? It's just really weird to see seventy-plus views but no posts...

6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
-Earthquake
-Rock Tomb*
-Stealth Rock
-Taunt

-Earthquake
-Iron Defense*
-Meteor Mash
-Thunderpunch
The physical tank

6 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spd
-Psychic*
-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
The special sweeper.

252 HP/216 Spd/40 Spd
-Charge*
-Thunderbolt*
-Shadow Ball
-Thunder Wave

252 Def/80 SAtk/176 SDef
-Flamethrower
-Protect
-Toxic
-Wish

252 HP/30 Atk/228 SDef
-Shadow Punch/Shadow Ball*
-Pain Split
-Thunderpunch
-Will-O-Wisp

^ All changes marked with a * :)

6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
-Earthquake
-Rock Tomb*
-Stealth Rock
-Taunt

-Earthquake
-Iron Defense*
-Meteor Mash
-Thunderpunch
The physical tank

6 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spd
-Psychic*
-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
The special sweeper.

252 HP/216 Spd/40 Spd
-Charge*
-Thunderbolt*
-Shadow Ball
-Thunder Wave

252 Def/80 SAtk/176 SDef
-Flamethrower
-Protect
-Toxic
-Wish

252 HP/30 Atk/228 SDef
-Shadow Punch/Shadow Ball*
-Pain Split
-Thunderpunch
-Will-O-Wisp

^ All changes marked with a * :)

Aerodactyl: You do realize that Rock Tomb has a pretty low base power (50), right?

Metagross: Why Iron Defense? You're better off with Agility.

Starmie: You're better off with Grass Knot for Swampert.

Rotom: I'm not really a big fan of Charge, so Hidden Power Ice/Grass should be in there. Also: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe

Dusknoir: Why Shadow Ball? It became a Special move in the physical/special split.

Aerodactyl: You do realize that Rock Tomb has a pretty low base power (50), right?

Metagross: Why Iron Defense? You're better off with Agility.

Starmie: You're better off with Grass Knot for Swampert.

Rotom: I'm not really a big fan of Charge, so Hidden Power Ice/Grass should be in there. Also: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe

Dusknoir: Why Shadow Ball? It became a Special move in the physical/special split

1.Rock Tomb when paired with stealth rock makes a pretty interesting combo :)

2.Agility <this is useless against a much faster pokemon

3.Psychic suits Starmie well cause of it's dual water/psychic type

4.Charge+Thunderbolt=one real big headache for an all water team

5.Shadow Ball was one move I just thought of if it isn't a good choice then let's go with Shadow Sneak

1.Rock Tomb when paired with stealth rock makes a pretty interesting combo :)

2.Agility <this is useless against a much faster pokemon

3.Psychic suits Starmie well cause of it's dual water/psychic type

4.Charge+Thunderbolt=one real big headache for an all water team

5.Shadow Ball was one move I just thought of if it isn't a good choice then let's go with Shadow Sneak

1. I don't see it.

2. Agility makes Metagross a late game sweeper.

3. What if you run into Swampert? Grass Knot does more to it than Psychic would.

4. I think Trick should be there instead of Psychic. That way, Starmie can cripple walls.

3. What if you run into Swampert? Grass Knot does more to it than Psychic would.

4. I think Trick should be there instead of Psychic. That way, Starmie can cripple walls

1.That's where Shadow Ball comes into play

2.Trick? I think I'll take what you said and add what if the pokemon your facing is a dark type?

I think we should stop this all it'll do is land us in trouble for arguing over a silly thing like this

Rock Tomb is not useful. Let's compare it to Rock Slide. 50 base power vs 75 - Rock Slide wins. 80% accuracy vs 95% - Rock Slide wins. 10% flinch rate vs 30% - Rock Slide wins. Although Rock Tomb also lowers speed, Aerodactyl will be outspeeding everything anyway. Not worth losing 25 power, 15% accuracy, and 20% flinch rate.

Even with the zero investment currently given to Metagross, it will still outspeed max speed Gengar after one Agility. +2 speed is nothing to dismiss. Usually though, one would put in a greater speed investment to outspeed scarfers. Iron Defense is worthless. Most people won't be trying to take out Metagross with physical attacks anyway, and that turn you take to set up could be better used threatening with attacks. Either way though, you would want to take the Band off first, which I kind of don't think is worth it.

Although Psychic gives Starmie a STAB move, SE coverage is more important than STAB. Besides, you already have Hydro Pump for a neutral STAB. Grass Knot offers better coverage by taking out Swampert. Your other best possibility for a Scarf Starmie is Trick, as mentioned above.

Charge + Thunderbolt is effectively the same as using Thunderbolt twice. Don't waste the moveslot on Charge. I guess you could replace Confuse Ray for Thunderbolt if you need the coverage, but honestly, I like the parafusionflinch thing you're doing now better for an annoyer.

I think that regardless of whether you switch EQ for Shadow Punch on Dusknoir, it is a good idea to switch T-Punch for Fire Punch, as this gives you a better way to destroy incoming Scizor or Heracross.

Last edited:
Whoa...

Well, I want to thank everybody for their help. I suppose this is where I have to just test out every change for itself, then?

Maybe this is a slight novice question, but which Pokemon are usually capable of outspeeding and killing Rotom-S? I ask this because it gets killed a lot.

For Rotom-S, figure out what can outspeed it and watch out for physical attackers especially, as you have no recovery moves and no physical investment.

Standard counters to an annoyer Rotom are things like Tyranitar, Jolteon, Blissey, Electivire, and Snorlax. You have nothing to really threaten these guys with, and should leave immediately. Some other Rotom counters are Zapdos, Jirachi, and Raikou. However, these won't be as happy with Paralysis, and it may be worth trying to Thunder Wave them before getting out. Raikou and Jirachi will try to set up on you, so don't waste turns.

Also, looking at Smogon, they suggest Discharge as a possible alternative to T-Wave on this set. It still has a 30% paralysis rate, and gives you more offense. However, the loss of guaranteed paralysis would hurt. Whatever you think is best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom