• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shoddy Uber team

Status
Not open for further replies.

bz313

Reaction score
Kyogre
Timid Nature
EV's: 252 Spd/252 SAtk/4 HP
Item: Choice Scarf
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Thunder
-Water Spout
My weather lead. I use him also as a special sweeper.

Manaphy
Calm Nature
EV's: 80 HP/ 252 SAtk/ 176 Spd
Item: Leftovers
-Ice Beam
-Rest
-Surf
-Tail Glow
A sweeper who uses Kyogre's drizzle to heal and boost attacks.

Giratina
Bold Nature
EV's: 248 HP/ 248 Def/ 12 SDef
Item: Leftovers
-Dragon Pulse
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Will-o-wisp
Sleep Abosrber, Physical Wall

Latias
Timid Nature
EV's: 112 HP/ 204 SAtk/ 192 Spd
Item: Soul Dew
-Calm Mind
-Dragon Pulse
-Recover
-Thunder
My special wall

Darkrai
Timid Nature
EV's: 4 HP/ 252 SAtk/ 252 Spd
Item: Lum Berry
-Dark Void
-Dark Pulse
-Nasty Plot
-Focus Blast
Another special sweeper with the ability to force opponents into sleep.

Metagross
Adamant Nature
EV's: 252 HP/ 236 Atk/ 12 Def/ 8 Spd
Item: Choice Band
-Earthquake
-Explosion
-Meteor Mash
-Thunderpunch
My physical sweeper and a counter to Rayquaza.

OK, so this is the team I tried using on Shoddy Battle. Unfortunately, it needs a lot of improvements, as it hasn't done all that well in battling. It seems that the other guy always has SOMETHING that can kill off enough Pokemon on the team to render the match lost.

I suppose that last statement was vague, sorry. To be more specific, it's often a Pokemon that seems to have enough of a weakness for me to take it down, but always OHKO's me in the end.

Any help would be appreciated. I've had some experience in EV's and IV's in the game, but a lot less building competitive teams, so any permanent advice for teams in general would be great. Thanks!

May I ask why you are using Latias instead of Latios if this is ubers? The extra attack might help a little more.

Well, I was trying to use Latias as a special wall. I might use Blissey eventually, but Latias has somewhat better speed and special attack. Also, with soul dew, Latias moves into Ubers.

I'm not the best at team rating but you've asked for me help.

Latias is a good special wall but you could use Lugia

Lugia @Leftovers
Bold
Moveset
~ Roost
~ Reflect
~ Ice Beam
~ Thunder / Toxic

EVs 252 HP / 52 Def / 204 Spe

Lugia is neutral to Ice unlike Latias and isn't pounded by Pursuit like Latias.

Like i said i'm not too helpful but .... help is help

That's something to think about. I'll have to get HeartGold eventually for that, of course, but Lugia sounds good.

And yes, Latias is in OU. But with Soul Dew it often moves into Uber, at least, according to Smogon. You guys can disagree with Smogon, but I can see their reasoning, especially with 50% boosts in SAtk and Speed.

Ice is super effective against Lugia.

But Lugia is an amazing wall, and can throw up both Reflect and Light Screen. I also had one tear my team apart by continuously Whirlwinding me out with Spikes or Stealth Rock up (I can't remember which). None of my Pokemon were strong enough to kill it before being forced out. It took like four or five hits.

Also, while Latias is definitely Uber with Soul Dew, there are better special attackers, so that part isn't as important, and as far as walling, Soul Dew prevents Leftovers recovery. It's good, but it's not that good.

As for the rest of your team:

Manaphy with a Calm nature and no EVs in SpDef? Because natures boost the EVs as well, it is generally a bad idea to put a nature on that boosts a stat you have no effort in. Usually it is more efficient to put in that boost with EVs and stick the nature on another stat. Also, I don't think this Manaphy with no defense investment will be bulky enough to stat up. I don't know for sure though.

Darkrai is kind of lackluster as a special sweeper and usually functions better as a lead or status spreader. From my experience, I'd use something like this:

Darkrai @ Choice Scarf (to outspeed Deoxys-S leads)
Modest/Timid
6 HP, 252 SpAtk, 252 Spd
-Trick
-Dark Void
-Dark Pulse
-Something else that complements your team well/hits steel types hard. Maybe Focus Blast?

Last edited:
Thanks. I might look at that. Also, do you think it would be better to switch to Palkia instead of Manaphy?

why giratina as sleep absorber? the number one sleep inducer has stab dark pulse, so it's probably better to have something resistant to that.

Keep with Latias. It is very good. I would replace Thunder with Ice Beam, Psychic or Mist Ball which helps immensely with Walling as it often lowers the foes SP. Attack. I would recommend EV training it for Defense in place of Spl. Attack.

Thanks for the suggestions. I guess I'll just try them out one by one at Shoddy Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom